ADVERTISEMENT

So far the American is getting it's a$$ handed to it.

Gmoney4WW

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2007
This is kinda ridiculous. 0-3, and the kicking of butt that Cincinnati received last night was just the ever lovin' cherry on top of bad bowl results so far. I thought South Florida, was going to kick some butt, and keep taking names. At least they were the closest loss so far, a 10 point margin. We're not looking too good so far as a conference. And tomorrow we are not favored over Virginia Tech or Marshall. In fact we aren't favored in any bowl game, except a narrow favorite of Navy over Pitt! Grrhh! I haven't watched any of the American Bowl games yet. Did anybody watch South Florida or Temple. Were the cards(refs) stacked against us in either of those games? I know Cincinnati just got their butt whipped, kind of hard to blame that one on the refs. But I am beginning to get a little suspicious that the P5, 'theys' of the world, might be attempting to bring our conference down a notch, after the good showing we had this season.

Last edited:
I thought all along the AAC east (USF, Temple, Cincy) wasn't as strong as the west and so far it looks that way. But some of our AAC teams just don't look ready or glad to be there. I just wonder if all the coaching-poaching talk has something to do with it? This is actually a "golden" opportunity to salvage the league if we can upset VT. At least we need to show up and show we have a pulse.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I thought all along the AAC east (USF, Temple, Cincy) wasn't as strong as the west and so far it looks that way. But some of our AAC teams just don't look ready or glad to be there. I just wonder if all the coaching-poaching talk has something to do with it? This is actually a "golden" opportunity to salvage the league if we can upset VT. At least we need to show up and show we have a pulse.
Hope it doesn't rain

Tough to say off of Bowl results. In the regular season the AAC was very competitive in Non-Conference games.

But Cincy was just overmatched against San Diego State. And that isn't surprising considering San Diego State was 10-3 on the season and Cincy was 7-5. Western Kentucky is 12-2 on the season and played Indiana (a very good Big 10 team) tough only losing 38-35. And Western Kentucky's only other loss was on the Road to LSU and they were pretty competitive until LSU pulled away in the 2nd half. I'm not surprised they beat South Florida.

As for Toledo, Toledo beat both Arkansas and Iowa State from the Power 5 and finished 11-2 on the season. So it isn't a shock that they beat Temple.

So really to tell you the truth, it isn't a reflection of the AAC. I have a great deal of respect for what the AAC has accomplished this year. We'll have our hands full with Houston in the Peach Bowl. I think the 0-3 record is a reflection of the matchups and the fact that the three teams that won were superior teams to the AAC teams they were matched up against based on their resumes over the course of the season. In my opinion, Navy, Houston and Memphis are the three best teams in the AAC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT