ADVERTISEMENT

SMU gamethread

Looking forward to watching Monty get better as a coach in year 4. He's still new to this, so can't hold him responsible.

Stupid stupid stupid stupid. Throw the damn football!!!!! It’s 4th down...an interception doesn’t hurt anymore than getting sacked or an incompletion.

Reactions: TUGrad06
Poorly coached team. Bad, drop happy WRs, Skipper is solid, still just young. Bad defense. Stupid play calls. Poor discipline.

Extend Monty, solid display of basic coaching fundamentals.

Reactions: Original TULSAFAN
This is pathetic, I really don't think they want to win. Just a piss poor 2nd half of football

That was offensive pass interference. how can you not call that

Stupid stupid stupid stupid. Throw the damn football!!!!! It’s 4th down...an interception doesn’t hurt anymore than getting sacked or an incompletion.
Maybe a good coach, coaches his player to do that.

The worst part, give us those 4 points back and were losing in another last second field goal.

No need to fire anybody.

But I am baffled by how we regressed in the second half. The Hobbs play surely played a part but it looked like the biggest problem was with our receivers. Skipper bought a lot of time but they never came back for the ball.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Good game Monty, lots to be proud of. Good playing calling 1st half...then you decided that you didn't want to keep scoring. You don't discipline players for boneheaded mistakes, Hobbs should've seen the bench for that trash (even though it's a stupid rule and call). You foster zero accountability of your players. You clearly are a bad x's and o's coach. I look forward to a new coach in 2019 since we won't have the balls to fire you after this season.

It’s disappointing, we appear to not be making any progress.

Youth doesn’t bother me. Failure to be fundamentally sound does.

No need to fire anybody.

But I am baffled by how we regressed in the second half. The Hobbs play surely played a part but it looked like the biggest problem was with our receivers. Skipper bought a lot of time but they never came back for the ball.
I like how low the bar is set for TU football. You suck at your job? Stick around for another year or two, we're Tulsa, no worries, we don't expect to be good.

drboobay... this lunatic is going for it on 4th and long in own territory with 4 minutes and 3 timeouts. and down by 1 score. IF Monty was coaching anywhere but Tulsa, he'd be crucified.

I like how low the bar is set for TU football. You suck at your job? Stick around for another year or two, we're Tulsa, no worries, we don't expect to be good.

I'm sure you're going to volunteer to pay his buyout and then pony up the ridiculous cash it would take to bring in a good young coach after we fired the last one a year removed from 10 wins

Monty is not a good coach in some many respects. He probably gets one more season, but he is on the hot seat and should know that the supporters of the program are unhappy (mild adjective). This was a winnable game and he chocked it totally. Good riddance when he leaves or is fired. I'm not donating until he goes. Last time I wrote that was Blank and it was the case.

I'm sure you're going to volunteer to pay his buyout and then pony up the ridiculous cash it would take to bring in a good young coach after we fired the last one a year removed from 10 wins
If I had the money I would. I love how the buyout is the excuse for not expecting more from a coach.

"So guys...his contract is too high of a buyout, so, um, we're just gonna let him keep coaching, even though he's bad at it, and let the program continue to die slowly. Then, once it's ground into the ground enough, we'll let him go and let someone else try to dig out." We're Tulsa, we just want 6 wins, but 2 will do for this season.

Reactions: Original TULSAFAN
Monty is not a good coach in some many respects. He probably gets one more season, but he is on the hot seat and should know that the supporters of the program are unhappy (mild adjective). This was a winnable game and he chocked it totally. Good riddance when he leaves or is fired. I'm not donating until he goes. Last time I wrote that was Blank and it was the case.
Glad to see I won't be the only 1 taking the heat for wanting him fired. But I will, and i'll take it, because you and I and 1 or 2 others will be correct in our assessment of his poor coaching ability. Just let goldenhurricane2 and g$, etc enjoy the 2 win season and praise him for getting 4 next year.

If I had the money I would. I love how the buyout is the excuse for not expecting more from a coach.

"So guys...his contract is too high of a buyout, so, um, we're just gonna let him keep coaching, even though he's bad at it, and let the program continue to die slowly. Then, once it's ground into the ground enough, we'll let him go and let someone else try to dig out." We're Tulsa, we just want 6 wins, but 2 will do for this season.

The thing about dumb people is they usually don't know they're dumb....because they're dumb.

We can't fund a men's golf program. Where do you think the money is going to come from?

Last edited:
Finally MONTY! We're playing TU style football again! Keep it up! Perfect passes from skipper tonight! Hobbs redeems himself! LETS EFFING GO!
Too bad Monty didn't want to win and doing what was working in the 1st half. Went from TU style football to BB style over half time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT