ADVERTISEMENT

SMU Game Thread

All we are doing is running 12 yard curls. Every single time we pass. They've been sitting on it and it was only a matter of time before they picked one.

Just do not understand our obsession with the curl route tonight. It's weird. But no matter the route, you simply cannot do the same thing over & over without the opponent catching on & adjusting.

Reactions: Air_Raid918
A handful of the calls were stupid, but the vast majority are legit and result from no discipline and the players not having their heads in this game.

I'm effing sick of them repeating themselves. The trash can. The RB being a backup QB. It's like they spent two hours on preproduction for this game.

Our amazing super great 5th year QB could have 50 rushing yards tonight if he knew how to run the read option.

And stop trying to pin this all on Dane. Yes, he threw an INT and has overthrown his receivers, but the receivers have also dropped several good balls thrown their way and run incorrect routes. They are not performing as a team. Also, the SMU defense is No. 10 in the country right now for forcing turnovers so one INT isn't that terrible considering that.

I don't disagree Pilot.

Lucas is clearly affected by hearing those footsteps closing on him now. Carter I don't know.

Reactions: TU Pilot
Ok everyone come off the ledge and talk about how good we are now since we took the lead.

Some of the people on this board are the worst kind of fair weather.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
And stop trying to pin this all on Dane. Yes, he threw an INT and has overthrown his receivers, but the receivers have also dropped several good balls thrown their way and run incorrect routes. They are not performing as a team. Also, the SMU defense is No. 10 in the country right now for forcing turnovers so one INT isn't that terrible considering that.
Dane is a senior. It may not be all his fault, of course, but he hasn't played like a senior all season. Shouldn't be too much to ask.

Reactions: TU_BLA and TUGrad06
The INT was Dane's fault. Poor throw. That's the only thing I am saying. He's played OK otherwise. As a whole we have been careless tonight. Too many penalties.

We still need a damn kicker for KOs

Our amazing super great 5th year QB could have 50 rushing yards tonight if he knew how to run the read option.

There's an option to that read? He has not pulled it once this game, not even once to keep them honest.

Reactions: madlew
The INT was Dane's fault. Poor throw. That's the only thing I am saying. He's played OK otherwise. As a whole we have been careless tonight. Too many penalties.

We still need a damn kicker for KOs

We still need a damn returner for KOs.

WTF is wrong with these officials? They need to be drug tested.

Why did Monty not call a TO???????? What a moron. Tulsa could have 35 seconds left w 1 timeout.

SMU is bad.

The color guy is a full time Orlando cop. Played college football at UMass. Been with ESPN3 for 4 years. This is his first televised game. They sent the D team apparently

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
Tulsa had 2 weeks to prepare for this one, right?
Better open up holes line!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT