ADVERTISEMENT

SMU Game Thread

Pathetic corner play on many plays. Truly pathetic.

What good are 6'3" WRs if your QB doesn't give them a chance to catch the ball
They aren't running the right routes in some cases. He can't drop it or hit some of the angles they are giving him.

66171852.jpg

Safety didn't slide. The CB was keying the ball. Not the CBs fault

SMU has gotten away with at least 4 holds..we're talking WWE choke hold quality holds. The WRs on the right have gotten away with it consecutive plays, once on Nu and once on Suits

What the hell is Dane doing? What kind of offense puts 2 WRs in the same space? It's happened too many times this year. Quit with the damn dink slants. SMU is jumping them and has been all game. Pump fake the slant and run a go and the WR can walk into the end zone. This has been brutal.

This team appears to lack discipline... they have yet start the game prepared (they've looked in shock in the first quarter almost every game), we keep getting the same penalties on offense for false starts, and then a personal foul like that does not indicate a disciplined and well prepared team. Maybe I'm being too critical, but it's very frustrating seeing stuff like that...

Reactions: HuffyCane
The ref with the H is pretty much the only one throwing flags...all on us. It's like he's got a bet on SMU in this one

I guess Umblance or Louie. Although I bet the freshmen Stewart, Brown, or Keenan Johnson would be better. But I think we're trying to redshirt them.

Where the pressure on their QB? He should have been hammered early and often.

Someone from the networks has to explain the TV timeouts to me:

Time out in field... No TV timeout.
Injury... No TV timeout.
Timeout on field... No TV timeout.

Then there will be a stoppage for TV. Seriously irritating me tonight

How many more times are we going to try to throw to Nigel on 3rd down? You would think after 3 drops we'd try something else. But we went to it again & he dropped his 4th pass of the night. I like Nigel's size & he he has a nice burst...but his hands are terrible. The last guy we should be going to on crucial 3rd downs.

We've missed that corner pass four or five times. Must be when we get tired of gaining yards running down their throats...

Now then...

We own the second half. Time for us to put another 30 on the board and call it a night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT