ADVERTISEMENT

SMU Game Thread

We could've had more first downs if Dane does that like 8 other times this game. And likely won earlier.

I realize Dane got the last TD. But he did not win this game. Our oline and run game won it. Me and my 5.5 forty could've won the game right there with that huge hole.

We could've had more first downs if Dane does that like 8 other times this game. And likely won earlier.
I think they do it knowing he's going to be into the endzone. If he does it in the middle of the field, it's probable that he'd get drug down and possibly injured. Gotta keep him healthy.

This game could also establish either that basketball will be good OR bad this year. Maybe both?

Reactions: RealTUTypical
Not sure if we played down or SMU played up. I'd guess the latter, because SMU executed real well on both sides of the ball, and our offense and defense both executed more often than not. I wasn't expecting a dog fight, but good that TU can win games where we're not bombing em through the air every game. Having the ability to win games by grinding out rushing touchdowns AND bombing defenses deep will make us a less predictable opponent. As novocaine said, a win is a win. We had a nice sized crowd, and they got a nail biter from start to finish. What more could we ask for as fans concerned with attendance and beating an always overachieving opponent in SMOOOOO!!!!!

Reactions: quincy101
Tulsa only ever has one good sport at a time. So.... basketball might be a long haul.

That's my point. Are we good? Or bad? Maybe we are both? There are arguments both ways, but a lot of tonight suggests a banner year for Coach Haith.

Reactions: TUGrad06
All the stupid penalties prevented any sustainable rhythm. Everyone blaming poor officiating needs to watch the game again. They made the correct calls. Just a lot of
idiotic ignoramus play. Breaking a Tulsa record set in 1951 for most penalties in a game. Hopefully some asses get spanked hard. Glad we won. Running backs outstanding. Dane...not so.

Reactions: TUGrad06
I really hope that whole play up/down to the competition theory is right, because if it isn't, a bowl game is probably out of reach with the way we've played these last two games.

If we only won against Tulane then we wouldn't be bowl bound. That's not gonna happen. The biggest disaster would probably leave us 6-6.

All the stupid penalties prevented any sustainable rhythm. Everyone blaming poor officiating needs to watch the game again. They made the correct calls. Just a lot of
idiotic ignoramus play. Breaking a Tulsa record set in 1951 for most penalties in a game. Hopefully some asses get spanked hard. Glad we won. Running backs outstanding. Dane...not so.
They missed a ton of holding calls on SMU...not iffy holding calls but the ones where whoever reaches around and puts the defender in a chokehold.

Two plays and one missed execution tonight prevented this from being a blowout in our favor. Long field goal that gets blocked when you have a punter who can drop a ball on a dime on the 1. Gives them field position and a chance to score. Dane's INT when we were in position for a FG. And the missed FG. Any of those in our favor and we ever get to a 10pt lead and I think we win going away instead of me losing my voice

Lol not just at Dane haters on this board, but haters. I have never saw so much negative comments made in wins as I have read in the last few weeks. Hate the Coaches, Hate the Receivers, Hate the QB, Hate each other. What I hate is the haters are part of the attendance problem stay home and hurt the team with all the negative comments. How can you call yourself a fan. Chris I'm sorry for my comments and you you do such a great job and if I'm out of line feel free to Cancel me. I read almost every post and have loved the Cane for over 50 years and hate these comments.

Lol not just at Dane haters on this board, but haters. I have never saw so much negative comments made in wins as I have read in the last few weeks. Hate the Coaches, Hate the Receivers, Hate the QB, Hate each other. What I hate is the haters are part of the attendance problem stay home and hurt the team with all the negative comments. How can you call yourself a fan. Chris I'm sorry for my comments and you you do such a great job and if I'm out of line feel free to Cancel me. I read almost every post and have loved the Cane for over 50 years and hate these comments.

Me too Chris I apologize because I got a out of hand but seriously why do we have to defend our coaches and players in a victory. It's just nuts. I cannot believe a grad or fan would sit at home and moan and grown at kids and coaches that are working their butts off for your team or school. If they were defiant and playing kids that shouldn't be playing or unwilling to hire an incompitent staff just to prove points then I get it. That's not the case right now. Feel free to terminate my membership if you need to.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT