Oct. 29 Navy W
Nov. 6 at Cincinnati L
Nov. 13 at Tulane L
Nov. 20 Temple W
Nov. 27 at SMU L
Tulsa 2021 Preview | Schedule

From CFN.

I am thinking we are much better!
Someone is delusional there. I see 1 or 2 losses.

Reactions: TULSARISING

Tulsa Golden Hurricane​

2021 Preseason Prediction: 4-8
2021 American Athletic Prediction: 3-5
2018: 3-9 2019: 4-8 2020: 6-3

Sept. 2 UC Davis W
Sept. 11 at Oklahoma State L
Sept. 18 at Ohio State L
Sept. 25 Arkansas State L
Oct. 1 Houston L
Oct. 9 Memphis W
Oct. 16 at USF L
Oct. 23 OPEN DATE
Oct. 29 Navy W
Nov. 6 at Cincinnati L
Nov. 13 at Tulane L
Nov. 20 Temple W
Nov. 27 at SMU L
Tulsa 2021 Preview | Schedule

From CFN.

I am thinking we are much better!
They have us losing to USF... brain dead prediction

We won't lose to Tulane either. Or Houston here. or Arkansas State. Dude is smoking crack

Though that prediction is not completely out of the realm of possibility, I just don't buy this team having fewer than seven wins and if things gel and fall into place you can make the case that every game except the real OSU is a winnable contest.

If I try to be unbiased then I think there are two high probability (>80%) wins and one high probability loss (>80%) and the rest are relative toss up games. My rationale; even last year many of our conference wins were very close games. That has been the case most seasons recently, however many years we were on the wrong side. I realize we are excited by our talent but most league teams have improved theirs as well.

I am hoping for a 10 plus win season and think it could happen but would not be totally shocked by a 4 win season. Injuries, play calling/game management (my biggest concern), game momentum will all be key factors.

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
If I try to be unbiased then I think there are two high probability (>80%) wins and one high probability loss (>80%) and the rest are relative toss up games. My rationale; even last year many of our conference wins were very close games. That has been the case most seasons recently, however many years we were on the wrong side. I realize we are excited by our talent but most league teams have improved theirs as well.

I am hoping for a 10 plus win season and think it could happen but would not be totally shocked by a 4 win season. Injuries, play calling/game management (my biggest concern), game momentum will all be key factors.
Most of the close games and come from behind wins last year we’re due to poor game management and questionable quarterback play which put us in a hole. I don’t have a lot of hope for improvement in the first issue but if we could get improved QB play then we should have a winning season and a bowl game. I also think this team is talented enough to win the league.

I’m gonna laugh my arse off if we beat Okie Lite, lose to Cincinnati and both teams run the table but Cincy makes the playoff

If Monty opens up the playbook and gives Brinn a lot of freedom, it could be a special season. If Monty keeps close tabs on the playbook until TU is 21 points down, this season could go south in a hurry!

Dane has said he didn’t get the green light until conference play his senior year.

Most of the close games and come from behind wins last year we’re due to poor game management and questionable quarterback play which put us in a hole. I don’t have a lot of hope for improvement in the first issue but if we could get improved QB play then we should have a winning season and a bowl game. I also think this team is talented enough to win the league.
Lots of 3,4 point wins/losses last year. We need to come out firing in 1st qtr and put the hammer down instead of 4th qtr theatrics. Keep the chains moving so the defense is well rested. Injuries could be a killer. I remember one year Memphis lost 3 QBs. Go Cane!

Dane has said he didn’t get the green light until conference play his senior year.
If Dane didn't have the keys to the car, then I bet we see the same old shizz. Hope the running back corp and O-line is as good as we believe because we, and everyone else, will know exactly what is coming.

If Dane didn't have the keys to the car, then I bet we see the same old shizz. Hope the running back corp and O-line is as good as we believe because we, and everyone else, will know exactly what is coming.
Montgomery has been widely quoted several times both at Baylor and here that he doesn’t believe a QB fully grasps and retains his offense until at least the second game of his second year. After that he looks for indications that demonstrates the QB is capable of reliably making the decisions that open up the playbook fully. I think you’ll see a limited package that favors Brin’s strengths and features Shamari in the first few games. Things we didn’t see with Smith. They are very different players. Just a guess tho. The real point of discussion at this point is whether we see consistent play far above what we would had with Smith and why that was on the bench for a year or more.

Reactions: Okietch51
Probably a disgruntled Tulame fan

Or a disgruntled ECU fan. They’re still screaming “we were cheated”.

On a side note, Brad Carson gave his cell phone number out at freshman orientation this evening in case anyone wants to give him a shout. Claims that he responds nightly to all messages.

Reactions: TULSARISING

I'd be shocked with 4-8. I'd even be mildly shocked with 5-7. 6-6 wouldn't taze me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT