ADVERTISEMENT

Rockhurst Game

cmullinsTU

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2006
Are they any good for an exhibition opponent? Or should this be an easy 30 point win?

Knowing how Haith tends to coach early season games, I don't think we should feel safe playing anyone. That being said, this Rockhurst team returns 4 starters and seem to be decent for a lower level team; however they're not a top 25 rank in DII as far as I can tell.

Are they any good for an exhibition opponent? Or should this be an easy 30 point win?

It looks like they have 4 starters back from a 17-12 team last year. They lost last year at DePaul by 7. Beat Benedictine College in opener by 11.

They are picked 6th in the 16 team Great Lakes Valley Conference, a good D-2 conference. Pre season conference favorite Bellarmine, is picked 3rd nationally.

Rockhurst has a lot of experience coming back and 2-3 good juco transfers who could start and/or play a lot

Their best player is a 5-11 jr guard from KC, Curtis Lewis, 1st team all-conf, frosh of year. Avg 14.9 pts

6-7 junior avg 14.5 pts, 6.7 rbs, 2nd team all conf.

They have a 6-8 juco transfer, played frosh year at Marist, that could start and

a 6-7 starter that avg 9.4 pts and 5.6 rbs.

A 6-5 guard is 3rd leading scorer—12.6–and leading 3-pt shooter.

A 6-3 juco transfer who shot over 45% from 3-pt in juco—Johnson County CC, named to NJCAA National Tournament all-tourney team. 2nd team all-conference could start/play a lot.

I would expect a win but I’d be surprised if it’s by 30. It sounds like a solid D-2 team. Keep in mind Duke won their 1st exhibition by 7 over Northwest Missouri State, the defending D-2 national champs.

It looks like they have 4 starters back from a 17-12 team last year. They lost last year at DePaul by 7. Beat Benedictine College in opener by 11.

They are picked 6th in the 16 team Great Lakes Valley Conference, a good D-2 conference. Pre season conference favorite Bellarmine, is picked 3rd nationally.

Rockhurst has a lot of experience coming back and 2-3 good juco transfers who could start and/or play a lot

Their best player is a 5-11 jr guard from KC, Curtis Lewis, 1st team all-conf, frosh of year. Avg 14.9 pts

6-7 junior avg 14.5 pts, 6.7 rbs, 2nd team all conf.

They have a 6-8 juco transfer, played frosh year at Marist, that could start and

a 6-7 starter that avg 9.4 pts and 5.6 rbs.

A 6-5 guard is 3rd leading scorer—12.6–and leading 3-pt shooter.

A 6-3 juco transfer who shot over 45% from 3-pt in juco—Johnson County CC, named to NJCAA National Tournament all-tourney team. 2nd team all-conference could start/play a lot.

I would expect a win but I’d be surprised if it’s by 30. It sounds like a solid D-2 team. Keep in mind Duke won their 1st exhibition by 7 over Northwest Missouri State, the defending D-2 national champs.
Lets call it what it is. The first play against an opponent to get players some playtime especially those that wont see very much time on the floor the rest of the year. Its an exhibition game and I am excited to have basketball up and rolling. we should win but if its not by a ton I am not worried about it. I like getting guys some play against other people before it counts.

GO TU!!!!

Reactions: Clong83a
Bummed I won’t be able to make it to the game tonight. Hopefully some questions will be answered after everyone sees the team play in person.

Lets call it what it is. The first play against an opponent to get players some playtime especially those that wont see very much time on the floor the rest of the year. Its an exhibition game and I am excited to have basketball up and rolling. we should win but if its not by a ton I am not worried about it. I like getting guys some play against other people before it counts.

GO TU!!!!
Yeah, I wouldn't draw too many conclusions no matter what the outcome is. It's a chance for Haith to experiment with the roster a bit and get some of the more junior guys some PT in a game atmosphere against a real opponent. Also to get the starters some PT so they are prepared for the soon coming real competition. Same as the OSU scrimmage, in a way. It's public, so they don't want the embarrassment of an "L", but otherwise I doubt the coaches will be looking at the scoreboard much as opposed to how individual players are interacting and handling their assignments.

Reactions: loca2874
This is the only game that I won't care if Haith subs a lot and in swarms. But I hope it is the last.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Remember Conoco Oil. And Bill Self putting a paper bag over his head after that game. His first exhibition at TU. People were shaking their heads wondering what we had done hiring him......Ha !

Remember Conoco Oil. And Bill Self putting a paper bag over his head after that game. His first exhibition at TU. People were shaking their heads wondering what we had done hiring him......Ha !
Didn't start well that season. Took double overtime to beat Tulane at the Convention Center...then flew out to Alaska and lost to Gonzaga by 38 points (78-40).

At the game and our best three shooters are in street clothes. KES, Haywood, Gendron. But our inside game should have a big night looking at Rockhurst.

Early 8-2 lead Igbanu May get a lot. Jones just bricked a three. The only outside shot.

10-7 at under 16. Getting out rebounded by smaller team. May need Earley or Ugboh.

TU 13-9 under 12. Both teams struggling right now.

All man defense as expected. Rachal and Hill both can really play.

Jones overshoots another three. Joiner won’t shoot for some reason.

Hill is legit. Haith has been high on Jones, but I’ve never seen it...even when watching his WMU highlights.

Rockhurst 17-16 under 8. Igbanu’s triple teamed since no shooters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT