ADVERTISEMENT

Rockhurst Game

Left at halftime but remained worried about our shooting. Was before game and still am. So depressed over KES

We shot 22% from 3 and 61% from the line against a D2 team. We’re not going to compete in the AAC with those kinds of numbers. Haith apologist.

In all honesty, we could have won this game 100-4 and you would have found something to complain about. Your hoops opinions are skewed by your hatred of the coach.

In all honesty, we could have won this game 100-4 and you would have found something to complain about. Your hoops opinions are skewed by your hatred of the coach.
Same goes for 90% of the fools over on the football boards. At least I have statistics to back me up here. We won’t put athlete many high major teams this year.

I also find it ironic that Haith finally chooses to go to a man defense when the 3 point line moves back, making it harder for other teams to shoot him out of his zone.

Last edited:
Same goes for 90% of the fools over on the football boards. At least I have statistics to back me up here. We won’t put athlete many high major teams this year.

I also find it ironic that Haith finally chooses to go to a man defense when the 3 or line moves back, making it harder for other teams to shoot him out of his zone.

There’s a new guy over on the football board you can be friends with. He seems right up your alley.

Reactions: TU_BLA

Only stat that matters, Monty has won 7 games across 3 seasons. That’s inexcusable.

Haith needs the tournament this year or bust but he’s never posted a poor record like Monty.

Reactions: loca2874
Only stat that matters, Monty has won 7 games across 3 seasons. That’s inexcusable.

Haith needs the tournament this year or bust but he’s never posted a poor record like Monty.
Monty never lost to a D2 school. He’s also made the post season the same number of times Haith has.

Which one of you guys was trying to tell me that Rachael was going to play the 2 guard position?

When did Haith lose to a D2 school. Remind me.
SEOSU. And TUpats or someone else will remind you that Haith’s sister had just gotten ill, and then I’ll tell you that I don’t care and that wasn’t the reason we lost that game, and that the team wasn’t properly prepared defensively midway through the season to play a D2 team.

O, and Monty never lost to Lamar either.

SEOSU. And TUpats or someone else will remind you that Haith’s sister had just gotten ill, and then I’ll tell you that I don’t care and that wasn’t the reason we lost that game.

That’s a pretty :crap:ty attitude. At the end of the day, it’s a game, but that’s the man’s family.

You’re entitled to your opinion but jeez...

indeed. I sat through the entire thing.
As did I. I watched Shaq Harrison try his heart out to salvage the team’s season (after having lost to ORU earlier in the season in Haith’s first game) I also watched a D2 coach tell his guys to keep running the same exact play and Haith never attempt to adjust to it. I get him being distraught about his sister, but he was a liability that day and if he needed to be elsewhere he should have been. We had 3 former HC’s as assistants that season and apparently no one could adequately prepare a team that had gone to the NCAA’s 6 months prior for one frigging play setup.

Back to the game- sad to hear that none of the returners looked improved. Sounds like Jackson might be a tad better, but Joiner, Horne, Lawson...Love 'em, love their commitment, will need their leadership.
Not surprised to hear rust from Jones, that happened with Horne last year. Rebounding is about position not size, that can be fixed (don't necessarily think it will, which is sad). Defense needs to be the key to the year. KState has won because of that and some shooting, but that would be the model for this group. Seemed like offensive rebounding won in the 2nd half. Glad to hear Hill looked good, praying for the waiver.

SEOSU. And TUpats or someone else will remind you that Haith’s sister had just gotten ill, and then I’ll tell you that I don’t care and that wasn’t the reason we lost that game, and that the team wasn’t properly prepared defensively midway through the season to play a D2 team.

Monty has never played Lamar...

We can pick and choose games. Haith beat a Top 10 Wichita St team and a ranked at SMU team that has won 15 or 16 straight at home. But I’m sure you’ll make up BS to disqualify the wins.

Neither coaches are good, maybe both should be fired, but you’ve chosen the worse of the two coaches to die on a sword for.

SEOSU. And TUpats or someone else will remind you that Haith’s sister had just gotten ill, and then I’ll tell you that I don’t care and that wasn’t the reason we lost that game.
The rest of that season we did not look like a team that lost to a D2 team, that was one off night.

With a hobbled van vleet and SMU having been disqualified from the postseason with little to play for. Haith’s best victory was against Cincinnati in my opinion. That was the one that got us into the play in spot.

The rest of that season we did not look like a team that lost to a D2 team, that was one off night. I believe Haith wasn't even there. That's a kind of lame excuse to ream on Haith.
ORU (Haith’s first game was similar)That was a bad ORU team. Haith just wasn’t prepared to start the season and it cost us the NCAA’s (technically that SEOSU didn’t count but the committee still accounted for it I’m sure)

With a hobbled van vleet and SMU having been disqualified from the postseason with little to play for. Haiti’s best victory was against Cincinnati in my opinion. That was the one that got us into the play in spot.

since haith’s sister dying doesn’t matter than neither does these two arbitrary items.

With a hobbled van vleet and SMU having been disqualified from the postseason with little to play for. Haith’s best victory was against Cincinnati in my opinion. That was the one that got us into the play in spot.

Ah but that one doesn't count either because Woodard hit a 90 footer

Basically, everybody is who I thought they would be on tonight’s team minus Hill and Jones. I expected Jones to be slightly better and Hipl to be slightly worse

since haith’s sister dying doesn’t matter than neither does these two arbitrary items.
I never said his sister dying didn’t matter. I said that if he wasn’t in the frame of mind to be coaching then he shouldn’t have been coaching. It would have looked better to the committee if we had lost while he was indisposed thanks while he was there. Granted the assistants we had during those seasons were pretty garbage so maybe none of it would have made a difference.

Why is nobody talking bout the second half. We looked much better, shot better, out rebounded them, and ran away with it to win by 20. You know Haith likes to experiment at the beginning with lineups that have no hope of being used later. The season isn't even started and people are already telling themselves we're going to lose a bunch of games. We still might get Haywood this season. Yes the 3 pt shooting did not come back in the second half, but the rest is bs people are getting anxious about way too early. Let them get through the first two or three games before you have a coronary. You weren't even there to really know Aston, I was. It's way too early to panic.

I never said his sister dying didn’t matter.

And TUpats or someone else will remind you that Haith’s sister had just gotten ill, and then I’ll tell you that I don’t care and that wasn’t the reason we lost that game, and that the team wasn’t properly prepared defensively midway through the season to play a D2 team.

You are technically correct. You said that “you don’t care” that his sister died. Although, IMO, I’m not sure how that is much better...

Why is nobody talking bout the second half. We looked much better, shot better, out rebounded them, and ran away with it to win by 20. You know Haith likes to experiment at the beginning with lineups that have no hope of being used later. The season isn't even started and people are already telling themselves we're going to lose a bunch of games. We still might get Haywood this season. Yes the 3 pt shooting did not come back in the second half, but the rest is bs people are getting anxious about to early. Let them get through the first two or three games before you have a coronary. You weren't even there to really know Aston, I was. It's way too early to panic.

that wouldn’t fit his narrative of hate.

1st half TU:
Uh oh

2nd half TU:
Oh...

Rough start, better finish. Our shooting woes early are a definite concern. Jackson's shot looks soooooo much better, it was soft and his form was strong. He develops any kind of outside game and this team is a different animal for the next two years.

Hill is a pure pg. Not only does he know what pass to make and who to make it to, his pass is a set up that puts his teammates in position to attack or shoot. Several balls I saw that showed excellent floor understanding.

Lots of tipped rebounds and put back dunks where we showed good athletic ability, our box out is still lacking.

The ability of us to play a good man to man, a difficult 3/4 court trap, and switch into the 3-2 defense is going to cause teams adjustment problems.

Overall grade C. In the end it looks like it should have.

1st half TU:
Uh oh

2nd half TU:
Oh...

Rough start, better finish. Our shooting woes early are a definite concern. Jackson's shot looks soooooo much better, it was soft and his form was strong. He develops any kind of outside game and this team is a different animal for the next two years.

Hill is a pure pg. Not only does he know what pass to make and who to make it to, his pass is a set up that puts his teammates in position to attack or shoot. Several balls I saw that showed excellent floor understanding.

Lots of tipped rebounds and put back dunks where we showed good athletic ability, our box out is still lacking.

The ability of us to play a good man to man, a difficult 3/4 court trap, and switch into the 3-2 defense is going to cause teams adjustment problems.

thanks - that’s good info

You are technically correct. You said that “you don’t care” that his sister died. Although, IMO, I’m not sure how that is much better...
Maybe I should rephrase. I empathize about his sister, but his decision to coach that night cost us and I don’t empathize with that when he had other assistants with head coaching experience to take over for one night against a completely inferior opponent.

1st half TU:
Uh oh

2nd half TU:
Oh...

I would grade it by halves. 1st half D, excused from an F by Haith's crazy lineups. 2nd half B-. Comments on Jackson and Hill are definitely accurate.

Last edited:
1st half TU:
Uh oh

2nd half TU:
Oh...

Agree though shooting still worries me. Also, our defense wasn’t tremendous considering Rockhurst really had one guy stirring the drink.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT