ADVERTISEMENT

Record prediction

That's just stupid.

It was nice to not be on the sh1t end of the stick for once and it counts...Like it or not... and I have no clue why you don't like the fact Tulsa got in.

I look at that as recognition by Castiglione for the overal quality of our athletic programs over the last couple of decades. I think that was about letting the good guys win at something.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
That's just stupid.

It was nice to not be on the sh1t end of the stick for once and it counts...Like it or not... and I have no clue why you don't like the fact Tulsa got in.
Yeah, if I remember correctly, for the first time in TU's athletic existence, it's conference affiliation actually paid off on the positive.

11 seed George Mason made the final 4. It counts even if the 11 or 12 seed is the First Round (not a "play in" game). And, while I was surprised, when I looked back at the "body of work" including a win at an SMU team that would have been a 3 or 4 seed absent cheating, I was more than fine with it. I enjoyed visiting Dayton and its weird but intimate arena and thought TU played a decent gave against a Michigan team that would end up 1 point from the Sweet Sixteen.

Reactions: URedskin54
I can’t believe this has gone 4 pages. 2 of which are over whether or not we should have been in a tournament.

That's just stupid.

I like the fact that we got in. I don't like the fact that we had to play the play in game. I don't like the fact that Haith an co almost blew even getting that because they refused to recruit a big man for two years and we were playing 5 guards against Memphis in the conference tournament after foul trouble. I don't like that because of those blowout losses to Memphis, bugnled loss to Temple, and the loss to a cruddy ORU team that we weren't squarely in the normal round of 64 as a higher seeded team. That team had enough talent to be 4 or 5 seeds higher than they were given and most people didn't even think we deserved the seed we got because of how badly we screwed up in the regular season.

So yay. We got in when we shouldn't have even been worrying about being in in the first place. We should have been worrying about which 5 seed we were going to play. Moral victories I guess? Should I keep blowing my kazoo for Frank like everyone else on this board?

You said you'd rather have Doug than frank... that's not going to get anyone to take you seriously regardless of what you have to say.

Have we lost some recruiting battles? Sure. But you're acting like we've done nothing since Haith has arrived and that we were some mega powerhouse with Doug and Danny in conference USA. Frank did just as much as Doug and Danny in his 1st and 2nd year.

Do I think Frank is the end all be all best coach to ever step foot in the Reynolds Center? Nope, but I also don't think he's anywhere near as bad as you're making him out to be.

Just out of curiosity, how many basketball games do you plan on attending this season?

Reactions: Bill Lowery
Remember guys, this is the same guy who blamed Frank for having 9 seniors on the roster but put none of that on Danny Manning. Remember guys, Frank is the one who didn't balance the classes.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.

You said you'd rather have Doug than frank... that's not going to get anyone to take you seriously regardless of what you have to say.

Have we lost some recruiting battles? Sure. But you're acting like we've done nothing since Haith has arrived and that we were some mega powerhouse with Doug and Danny in conference USA. Frank did just as much as Doug and Danny in his 1st and 2nd year.

Do I think Frank is the end all be all best coach to ever step foot in the Reynolds Center? Nope, but I also don't think he's anywhere near as bad as you're making him out to be.

Just out of curiosity, how many basketball games do you plan on attending this season?
To be fair, that was a facetious comment. I just meant that Doug didn't do a great or terrible job and that's kind of what Frank has done barring a couple of big wins against WSU and SMU. Not too hot, not too cold. I hate mediocrity when greatness is achievable.

Remember guys, this is the same guy who blamed Frank for having 9 seniors on the roster but put none of that on Danny Manning. Remember guys, Frank is the one who didn't balance the classes.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.
Who the hell cares about balancing classes is you lose when you rebalance the classes? Like I said, I don't care if you play 9 freshman every single season as long as you win.

I don't blame Danny for having 9 seniors. I blame him for poor recruiting after his first summer but that's about it. I blame Wojcik's toxic departure for us losing guys like Eric McClellan. That left us with a big hole to fill.

Did Doug take us to the tourney? NO.

Did Frank take us to the tourney? YES.

STFU.
Doug would have probably made the tournament if he wasn't coaching in a league that was viewed as a 1bid. The additions of Cincy + UConn did wonders for our tournament chances. Even when UConn isn't really very good, they still get judged as a "good victory" most of the time. I don't like Doug at all. His play style and coaching style were awful. But I think his 2009 team would have been in the tournament if they played in the 2015-16 AAC.

Justifying. Dancing. Ignoring the issue. That's what youre best at.

Did Doug make the tourney? No.
Has Frank made the tourney? Yes.

S.T.F.U.

Justifying. Dancing. Ignoring the issue. That's what youre best at.

Did Doug make the tourney? No.
Has Frank made the tourney? Yes.

S.T.F.U.
giphy.gif

Doug would have probably made the tournament if he wasn't coaching in a league that was viewed as a 1bid. The additions of Cincy + UConn did wonders for our tournament chances. Even when UConn isn't really very good, they still get judged as a "good victory" most of the time. I don't like Doug at all. His play style and coaching style were awful. But I think his 2009 team would have been in the tournament if they played in the 2015-16 AAC.

I call bs on this. Woj had every opportunity in the world to take that team to the dance and couldn't do it. He would have never won 20 games in the AAC with any team he ever put together.

I call bs on this. Woj had every opportunity in the world to take that team to the dance and couldn't do it. He would have never won 20 games in the AAC with any team he ever put together.

The 2015 had more "good wins" than the 2009 team but they also had quite a few more "bad losses". Woj would have won 20 that year. Not sure how Ben + Justin + Jerome would have faired against a 2015 WSU, Cincy, or SMU. I'm guessing they would have handled WSU and Cincy, but lost to SMU.

Like I have said, lets give Frank this year to see what he can do with his players , last year gets a pass because of all the new comers , but this year, we had better be at least in the conversation for the NCAA or I think he needs to be gone. I think we have the talent, let's just see if we can Build a Team ( not a Doug reference)

Sports Illustrated

8. TULSA (8–10)

Tulsa is senior forward Junior Etou and a bunch of unknowns. Curran Scott is a transfer from Charlotte, where he averaged 10.5 points as a freshman, and Jaleel Wheeler can do a little bit of everything, but there’s not a lot of depth in this lineup.

I still think the record will have a lot to do with the OOC. A 10-8 in the AAC would be an improvement.

I think we can finish in the top 5 if we can stay out of foul trouble nightly. I really think we are being VERY underestimated.

Sports Illustrated

8. TULSA (8–10)

Tulsa is senior forward Junior Etou and a bunch of unknowns. Curran Scott is a transfer from Charlotte, where he averaged 10.5 points as a freshman, and Jaleel Wheeler can do a little bit of everything, but there’s not a lot of depth in this lineup.
What is the MPG line they’re throwing out there? I think there is little to no chance Wheeler gets more minutes than Jefferies and that table seems to hint that the opposite is what SI is projecting.

SI has dropped off on their actual value of a publication in the last 5-7 years it’s almost a tabloid on the level of “People” magazine. I seriously can’t remember the last time I thought they had an article worth reading

Oh. yea... Record Prediction... that is what this thread was about....

ok... 19w regular season.... 2 in the Conf tourney... (21) NCAA bubble...

Reserve the right to revise and extend my remarks after games 1 & 2....

First Coaches Poll out today.

Wichita #8
Cincy #13
SMU receiving votes (#41)

Ken Pom showed a 16-12 record, but counting each game individually, it adds up to 18-10?!

If you add in going 1-1 in the other November tourney games, 19-11 would be a decent record.

I will guess 20-10 regular season, 2-1 AAC tournament, & an 11 seed in the NCAA tournament.

Beating KSU &/or OSU will be important for an at-large bid.

KSU is picked 8th and OSU last in the Big12. Probably need to win both to help an at-large resume.

Reactions: TU_BLA
KSU is picked 8th and OSU last in the Big12. Probably need to win both to help an at-large resume.

That undersells it a bit. All Big 12 teams are projected to finish in the top 50. If we take care of Western Michigan, we'll also get a shot at #9 Iowa State.

That undersells it a bit. All Big 12 teams are projected to finish in the top 50. If we take care of Western Michigan, we'll also get a shot at #9 Iowa State.

I’m not sure it’s mathmatically possible to have all ten league teams finish in the top 50. The Big12 was the top Sagarin ranked conference by over 2 points last season and “only” had eight teams in the top 50. Would be an extremely impressive feat though. My point was that a split of those games would be a split against two non-tourney teams. Think we need a sweep there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT