ADVERTISEMENT

Photo from shoot around

loca2874

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2008
Stafford, VA
liBthaw

practicing warding off a bear or mountain line by making himself look bigger. Greenville is rural, I hear

practicing warding off a bear or mountain line by making himself look bigger. Greenville is rural, I hear

Man, I’ve told this story a few times, but that is not a nice town. I remember stopping at a gas station on the way out and the clerk came running out “As soon as your tank is full, you need to speed out of here. This isn’t a good area.” It had a Walking Dead vibe.

The arena is an absolute dump. It’s big, but somehow has a high school gym vibe. There are some fans who are really into it, but you have to wonder what is going on because they have been so bad. The campus itself is very strange. Reminds me of Cameron down in Lawton.

And that awful barbecue. Don’t even get me started. It’s like Long John Silver’s, from two days ago, reheated as barbecue. Put some mustard on it. That will make it better.

Last edited:
Reactions: ctt8410

Man, I’ve told this story a few times, but that is not a nice town. I remember stopping at a gas station on the way out and the clerk came running out “As soon as your tank is full, you need to speed out of here. This isn’t a good area.” It had a Walking Dead vibe.

The arena is an absolute dump. It’s big, but somehow has a high school gym vibe. There are some fans who are really into it, but you have to wonder what is going on because they have been so bad. The campus itself is very strange. Reminds me of Cameron down in Lawton.

And that awful barbecue. Don’t even get me started. It’s like Long John Silver’s, from two days ago, reheated as barbecue. But some mustard on it. That will make it better.
Hahaha on North Carolina bbq. If you’ve never been to eastern North Carolina, bbq simply means an over cooked pork shoulder (Boston butt for those of you who know it by that name), pulled and then over-soaked in a vinegar bbq sauce,which is really nothing more than a bad mixture of ketchup and too much vinegar, and then thrown on a McDonalds style hamburger bun that falls apart because the sauce is so thin.

Hahaha on North Carolina bbq. If you’ve never been to eastern North Carolina, bbq simply means an over cooked pork shoulder (Boston butt for those of you who know it by that name), pulled and then over-soaked in a vinegar bbq sauce,which is really nothing more than a bad mixture of ketchup and too much vinegar, and then thrown on a McDonalds style hamburger bun that falls apart because the sauce is so thin.
Having lived in NC 20 years out of the last 30 I can confirm you are being too kind in the description of “eastern” NC BBQ. It is essentially smoked pork shoulder soaked in vinegar (a “pig pickin”) and after 8-12 hours the smoking is complete they soaked the finished pork with a mix of more vinegar and Texas Pete hot sauce. The western NC BBQ is more of a tomato based sauce. Luckily in the Triangle we are getting more BBQ styles from other parts of the country.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT