ADVERTISEMENT

Ou Sucks

OUs defense is terrible. They’re struggling finding and tackling a 5’4” RB (no, really he’s just 5’4”).

Reactions: Tulsa76
I think Lincoln is already taking applications for a new DC...

Their defense is terrible!

Reactions: Tulsa76
I wish TU was playing OU this year. As bad as OU is on defense and with a weak offense, I think it would have been a winnable game.

Last edited:
Texas should had lost to T-Tech and the osu v. w. va was a game of 2nd tier teams regardless of any rankings. TU proved that 2 weeks ago in their game against the aggies. Miss St. is the surprise team with their win against LSU.

It’s all about conditioning at this point. Teams that had good plans to keep their guys safe and working out appropriately are doing well. Teams that sent guys home and told them to try and run and do push ups every day are hurting. A lot of people just didn’t work out at the level you need to because they thought there is no way they were going to play, then found out different. There’s a lot of these guys that are being held out as cohort risks where you start to wonder it’s just because they are too out of shape to play.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Its going to be interesting... that 5* kid from Gonzaga HS in DC is committed to OU but not signed. (I think). They made a big deal down here about the "Sooner Summit" where all the recruits and potentials converged on Norman in a mass "non official non campus visit" where committed recruits attempted to recruit non committed kids. He attended and pretty much orchestrated it. But, i wonder how firm his commit is?

If he arrives on campus it will be interesting to see if Rattler hangs around.

The performance by Rattler does call into question Rileys cred as a qb guru. I would think he could get a 4* better prepared for game speed.

Reactions: HuffyCane
I wish TU was playing OU this year. As bad as OU is on defense and with a weak offense, I think it would have been a winnable game.
Their offense isn’t weak, it’s just not as loaded as it has been in years past. The defense is pretty terrible though.

Its going to be interesting... that 5* kid from Gonzaga HS in DC is committed to OU but not signed. (I think). They made a big deal down here about the "Sooner Summit" where all the recruits and potentials converged on Norman in a mass "non official non campus visit" where committed recruits attempted to recruit non committed kids. He attended and pretty much orchestrated it. But, i wonder how firm his commit is?

If he arrives on campus it will be interesting to see if Rattler hangs around.

The performance by Rattler does call into question Rileys cred as a qb guru. I would think he could get a 4* better prepared for game speed.
Mayfield, Murray, and Hurts all came to OU from other places where they had at least one year of game film under their belts so they understood the speed and what to look for. Rattler has a big time arm but he has happy feet. He needs to calm down in the pocket and be quicker in his progression. He’ll be fine as soon as the game slows down for him. This is where Gabriel, despite not having the same big arm, is light years ahead. Helpless has him seeing the field and able to help slow the game down for him. Gabriel anticipates throws well also (a lot like Heupel). Anyone notice the extreme similarities in how Gabriel and Heupel play(ed)? Both lefties, not extremely strong arms, see the game well, can use their legs effectively.

Rattler will be fine. He’s probably got a similar upside to Murray. (I hate complimenting OU players)

Their offense isn’t weak, it’s just not as loaded as it has been in years past. The defense is pretty terrible though.
I should have prefaced... it is a weak offense for OU! They lost a lot on the o-line, CeeDee Lamb went pro, and Kennedy opted to sit out the season.

I should have prefaced... it is a weak offense for OU! They lost a lot on the o-line, CeeDee Lamb went pro, and Kennedy opted to sit out the season.
It's a young offense and their OL is not blocking worth a crap which is probably most seen in Rattler's happy feet. He scrambled out of the pocket on way too many occasions in the 4Q the other day when he didn't need to, mostly because of the trauma he suffered in the 1st 3Q.

Reactions: HuffyCane
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT