ADVERTISEMENT

OSU north game thread

Nigel and hands of stone when he came in as a freshman. I hoped the coaches would be able to improve on that but in my opinion, if a kid doesn't have soft hands by the senior year in high school they never will.

Very disappointing 2nd half on both sides of the ball. Ohio State is obviously very good, but we didn't shown up for the 2nd half.

I'm all for seeing Rubley get some snaps.

So long as we come out of this with no major injuries it's all good. Ohio State is one of the best teams in the country and we played tough. It realistically could have been 6-6 at the half just as easy as it was the other way.

Tulsa's D is tiring out now and the game is getting out of hand. To an outsider it will look like OSU took them to the woodshed but in actuality they took themselves there in the last two minutes of the first half. Overall the D is night and day better than last year and I think we'll see good things going forward this season. Hill is big time.

Urban playing all starters at 41-3 in the 4th quarter. A key late injury will eventually bite him. Opposite of Coach Monty last week.

Changed my opinion of Urban Meyer today. Still think he's a very good coach, but I now see him as Bobby Petrino level class. Leaving starters in, going for it on 4th down, etc. Classic run up the score coaching.

Last edited:
I can't watch anymore. Dane blew the game today. We had a chance to actually put these guys into "dump your pants" mode, but thanks to Dane's worst game in 3 years, we crapped the bed. Awful awful showing by our offense on the biggest stage in program history. Awful.

I think this team can easily go 7-1 in conference.

I'm pissed but we weren't ever winning this game.

I'm also pissed. I was extremely satisfied with performance up to the two pick sixes. As fmrcane16 said it snowballed quickly from that point.

After this game I feel confident we have a good defense this year. Passing game was really really bad today but I think some of that was the weather and forcing passes the entire 2nd half.

Worst game in Dane's collegiate career? Quite possibly. Awful coaching calls late in 1st half. I'm confident both play calling and Dane get it together for the rest of the year. This still stings after how well the team looked for 8/9ths of the 1st half.

I think we can win more too. The fact this staff has the program headed back in the right direction shouldn't be lost on anyone.

We got smacked around by one of the best teams in the country and appear to have no major injuries. This is a very good thing with the rest of our OOC and conference. Anything less than a winning record and bowl would be a massive failure.

Dane is somewhere between a bad and below average QB. I can't wait until he graduates. Hopefully whoever we have up next year can actually go past his first read. Same 'ole Dane, hasn't gotten any better in 3 years. 6-3 at halftime if our terrible QB doesn't fail in the worst way possible. Then we could've had something to work off of in the 2nd half. Go into halftime 6-3, put in the back up QB and see what he's got. The running game and defense will win us games this year, Dane will only increase the chance of losing them.

Dane is somewhere between a bad and below average QB. I can't wait until he graduates. Hopefully whoever we have up next year can actually go past his first read. Same 'ole Dane, hasn't gotten any better in 3 years. 6-3 at halftime if our terrible QB doesn't fail in the worst way possible. Then we could've had something to work off of in the 2nd half. Go into halftime 6-3, put in the back up QB and see what he's got. The running game and defense will win us games this year, Dane will only increase the chance of losing them.

Oh my God, not this all over again. I will be so glad when TUgrad graduates and we don't have to hear him blather on about our coach &/or QB anymore. Go be OSUgrad06.(You pick, North or South, doesn't matter to me.)

Last edited:
Of all the games on the schedule for Dane to have a bad night, this was the best time to do it.

Houston isn't as big, strong, fast or as deep as Ohio State. We won't face anyone like tOSU the rest of the year.

This team controls its own destiny this year imo.

Of all the games on the schedule for Dane to have a bad night, this was the best time to do it.

Houston isn't as big, strong, fast or as deep as Ohio State. We won't face anyone like tOSU the rest of the year.

This team controls its own destiny this year imo.

Next week probably woulda been a little better timing.

Nobody is portending that the ship is sinking...
Dane simply played his worst game in recent memory on a night when the defense played their best game in recent memory. The outcome should have been much more competitive with the effort afforded by the defense. No ship sinking, just an anemic and charitable job by Dane and the WRs today (4 interceptions? or 3? I lost track). The O-line was pushing their D-line off the ball for most the 1st half. They did their job as well.

Dane was fine... no one can throw in 40 mph winds and driving rain.. we should have run the clock out at 3-6 with 2 min to go....

There was one really good INT by OSU, an opposite field CB closes the entire field for the pick 6....

hated this game from 3 minutes to first half. CBS Big 10 announcers in 3rd quarter amazing said TU was the second best team in the AAC, but a far distant second to UH. I wonder if that's true - Navy got lucky to hold of UConn today. Has any other AAC team showed up? Still very disappointed with the lack of poise of Dane at the end of the first half and entirely with Monty's play calling. Worst TU game in a long time.

The ship is not sinking. We'll be 7-5 again or so. Just sick of the status quo of Dane hardly going through reads and staring down his target. His progression as a passer has been so minimal. He doesn't offer any play making ability if the play breaks down. He doesn't offer any ability to read a defense if his first read is covered (and if it is he throws it a lot of the time anyway). I just don't understand how he's not getting better and why we don't have someone else on the team that has shown any promise behind him. GJ Kinne wasn't the best passer, but at least he made plays with his feet and was tough and dragged defenders with him when he ran. Dane is nearly a worse passer and offers no ability to make a play outside of his first read. I'm just sick of watching bad quarterbacking.

Paul and David were so damn good. GJ was not as good but still fun to watch, and Dane is just below average. I'd rather watch President or someone with some running ability with our 2 good RBs run some REAL read option plays, not the kind Dane runs and never keeps it. I like Monty, but Dane is just not good enough. 5 turnovers, even against a great team, is inexcusable.

For some reason this needs to be repeated almost every week: Dane is a good quarterback. He's among the best in our conference. He won't be replaced because he's easily the best QB on the team.

I kinda remember David Johnson having a few turnovers in a big game too.

Last edited:
You'll bitch about any quarterback as soon as he has a bad day. If I remember right you had good things to say bout dane last season and went in meltdown on GJ a number of times when he had a bad day.(but don't quote me on that, cuz I get you and and your doublemint twinkie grad07 mixed up a lot) You just like to bitch.

Evans really tries to over power his throws, esp when he is feeling pressured. Plus trying to throw though a target in the rain. No touch. Too much energy on the ball makes it that much harder for the receiver to catch the ball. I don't blame the receivers for dropping balls in the rain that are consistently thrown too hard when Dane is feeling pressured. Game Ohio St. :( Dane needs to learn some energy conservation. Throw with some touch! Saw too much of the old Evans in that game last night. Dane needs to work harder to stay in control of himself too.

Last edited:
Given the weather, I would have put in President against the wind and run the ball with the extra blocker. Just my opinion, I am not a former coach or player. Just a fan and Hurricane Club member :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT