ADVERTISEMENT

OSU north game thread

You take the ten point deficit in a 30mph rainstorm and 1 min left on the clock...

Sure looked like Dane hurt his shoulder on that 1st fumble or at least that is what they called it.
Thought that last pick six was a good call. Wide open receiver just a very poor pass, wounded duck like

Not a good call. You don't throw deep right as a monsoon starts, with 45 seconds left, and in your own territory. It's that simple. Should be 13-3.

Defense has played phenomenal, offense has been turrible.

the ball slipped out of his hand, that was the only reason for last interception.

Dane is struggling putting the ball in the right place. We've stopped running the football too. The trick play screwed with our momentum and there wasn't even a need for it.

I think it's time for Belcher to head back to tackle and Frederick to take over at guard. Wright struggles with the DE who had a quick first step and slide around him.

Our D deserves better for their effort so far today.

Reactions: bluegold70 and I.I.
1st half thoughts:

* Defense has completely blown me away. Only given up 3 points*
* Brewer and Flanders have looked great
* Lucas seemed to be nervous in the 1st quarter.
* Dane Evans has allowed OSU to score 17 points with his 3 picks.

Only way we get back in the game is turnovers. I thought we had a shot until the 2 pick sixes now I just hope we finish within 14. Meyer is too good of a coach to lose after a 17 point half time lead.

Not a good call. You don't throw deep right as a monsoon starts, with 45 seconds left, and in your own territory. It's that simple. Should be 13-3.

Defense has played phenomenal, offense has been turrible.
That was not a deep pass. You play the game to win. 3rd and 5 and throw a 8 yard pass to wide open receiver.

Interesting, announcer says OSU can go to their indoor facility but Tulsa must stay in their dressing room ????Surely not right. V

I'll have to watch again, but I thought it was a seam route. Nonetheless,
That was not a deep pass. You play the game to win. 3rd and 5 and throw a 8 yard pass to wide open receiver.

Just watched it again, it was a seam route and Carter was at 13-15 yards downfield. That may not be a deep route per say, but it was definitely not a short route. Nonetheless, if you're in the stadium, you realize how bad the rain got so fast. Just run it up the middle and go in to halftime down 13-3. Just my opinion.

Interesting, announcer says OSU can go to their indoor facility but Tulsa must stay in their dressing room ????Surely not right. V

That fits with the rest of this game, so far. This has the feel of a real road game. I keep looking for flags against us after every positive play.

AAC has looked good today too. Cincinnati thumped Purdue, ECUbeat NC State. Our D is night and day better than last year, Houston is Houston. Navy and UCONN tied at 21 going into the 4th. SMU tied with Baylor at the half, 6-6.

With adverse weather, and the poor 1st half play from Evans (fumble snaps, horrible decisions), plus the dual-threat capabilities of President, should make who starts 2nd half a no-brainer.

TX

With adverse weather, and the poor play from Evans, plus the dual-threat capabilities of President, should make who starts 2nd half a no-brainer.

TX

I don't know the specifics but President is injured and not suited up today. It'd be Rubley and I can't envision they'll throw him into this game regardless of how poorly Evans plays.

I thought President was reported to be injured and not suited up for the game.

With adverse weather, and the poor 1st half play from Evans (fumble snaps, horrible decisions), plus the dual-threat capabilities of President, should make who starts 2nd half a no-brainer.

TX

Except that President is out with an injury today.

I don't know the specifics but President is injured and not suited up today. It'd be Rubley and I can't envision they'll throw him into this game regardless of how poorly Evans plays.
I just hate seeing 30 other players playibg well and 1 guy choking the game away. Its very unlikely the TU defense will be able to contain the OSU run game much longer. This game is (3) plays from being TU 10 OSU 6, worst case TU 3 OSU 6.

TX

Just a horrible coaching and QB display...
And our WRs played like crap.

Ok coaches. Nigel Carter hands no hands. Sorry but it's a fact.
And now the Danester has 4 int's.

Reactions: TU_BLA
To paraphrase Monty, we have shot our wad and the offense did us in.

Who'd have thunk it.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT