ADVERTISEMENT

Official Lamar Game Thread

JEFFRIES is a SPECIAL player. Having him able to switch onto the PG on a pick and roll is very nice. Forced PG into a 3 point airball next possession ONE HAND SLAM!!!!

Lamar looks tired. Have 21 and 3 been out this half?

Uggg. Henderson- terrible shot selection- take him out coach!
Etou and Scott were supposed to be the scorers- they are not

We need stops and Igbanu not in game. Taking early theees we don’t need to take.

Why is Scott here if you’re not going to have him in the game to shoot a big shot late?

Bad shot selection kept recurring all day. Settling for long 2's is the worst thing you can do in the game of basketball followed closely by 3's with a hand in your face.

We're better all over the court compared to last year. Losing this is pretty inexcusable

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
Well, that sucked. No dance without winning the conference tournament.

Better hear an apology from coach- biggest opening crowd in years- just unacceptable- get some guys that can shot- we can't and aren't recruiting shooters- better get ready for a long season- 7 wins that might be it- nothing good

Haith is done. Been done. He could care less. No energy. No preparation. Just going through motions (today and recruiting).

Just don't have any $ to fire him.

This is it for Haith- if he can't win this year he's done and I mean professionally as a head coach- I know the Magney thing hurts- I get that- but this team was not prepared/constructed in a way that is going to beat anyone. Wheeler- what does he bring? Henderson loves to shoot, but he's not a high percentage shooter- maybe "streaky" if you want to be kind. Artison- is he the shooter? Why doesn't he play in crunch- oh he doesn't want to rebound. Etou- nothing- hasn't dunked?- disappears- not the rebounder.
Edogi at least knew a role- bring energy- get rebounds- do we have anyone like that?

Rebounds:

Lamar 42
Tulsa 28

Namely offensive rebounds....Lamar 14 - Tulsa 4. Second chance points.

Offensive rebounds is biggest stat of the game for me. We have to out hustle every team we play. I would play Jackson a lot more minutes for that one reason.

Reactions: tufan-11
This is it for Haith- if he can't win this year he's done and I mean professionally as a head coach- I know the Magney thing hurts- I get that- but this team was not prepared/constructed in a way that is going to beat anyone. Wheeler- what does he bring? Henderson loves to shoot, but he's not a high percentage shooter- maybe "streaky" if you want to be kind. Artison- is he the shooter? Why doesn't he play in crunch- oh he doesn't want to rebound. Etou- nothing- hasn't dunked?- disappears- not the rebounder.
Edogi at least knew a role- bring energy- get rebounds- do we have anyone like that?

Way too early to make any definitive statements about the team

What's going to change? This was the same as the end of last year. Foul trouble will plague us all year- I don't see a rebounder or a shooter on the team- worse than last year (loss of Magney and Edogi) Our guards just got beat my Lamar's guards

Disappointing.

Years of mismanagement are starting to take their toll.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT