ADVERTISEMENT

Official Frank Haith discussion thread

If you don't like what I post so much, why don't you just block me? I could give TU 3 million dollars and you would still criticize me because you have that " better than thou " attitude

If you're going to start a thread like this you need to ball up and handle the flack that comes with it and keep presenting facts and solutions.
As right or wrong either side is.

Our last two coaches were top 5 assistants so that's not a guarantee on getting the right coach.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
If you're going to start a thread like this you need to ball up and handle the flack that comes with it and keep presenting facts and solutions.
As right or wrong either side is.

Our last two coaches were top 5 assistants so that's not a guarantee on getting the right coach.
I'm fine with getting flack, I just don't understand why we are happy being mediocre when we are paying someone $1.2 million a year. Plus Gmoney just argues anything I say and that gets old.

I'm fine with getting flack, I just don't understand why we are happy being mediocre when we are paying someone $1.2 million a year. Plus Gmoney just argues anything I say and that gets old.

I'm not happy with mediocrity either but I also understand losing Magnay dramatically impacted this team and it's chemistry.
Every coach has issues they deal with. Haith has a couple.
If we don't make the NIT I'll be very disappointed. If we finish under .500 then I'll buy you a beer and sign up for your cause.

I'm not happy with mediocrity either but I also understand losing Magnay dramatically impacted this team and it's chemistry.
If we don't make the NIT I'll be very disappointed. If we finish under .500 then I'll buy you a beer and sign up for your cause.
Can't pass up a free beer! Haha
ALSO my point was not to get people pissed off. I love TU and want it to do well. I thought most people would agree with me on the Haith deal. If not, that's fine. I just feel we should be doing a lot better with the money we have put up for Haith.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
If you don't like what I post so much, why don't you just block me? I could give TU 3 million dollars and you would still criticize me because you have that " better than thou " attitude
My posts said nor implied anything about the money you do or don't donate to the TU athletic program if that is what you are trying to get at?

Your interpretation of my criticisms needs some fine tuning.

There's an objective case that could be made that Haith should be fired, but it hasn't been made here.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Since joining the American, Tulsa is third in conference wins, only behind SMU and Cincy. Maybe I wear blue and gold glasses but when your coach is in the top 3 in a power basketball conference, you don’t fire him.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
My posts said nor implied anything about the money you do or don't donate to the TU athletic program if that is what you are trying to get at?
No, I was saying that no matter what I post, you will always try to find something wrong with it

Since joining the American, Tulsa is third in conference wins, only behind SMU and Cincy. Maybe I wear blue and gold glasses but when your coach is in the top 3 in a power basketball conference, you don’t fire him.
That's only because he had Juice and Harrison his first 2 years, those weren't his players, if he makes the NCAA tournament then I will gladly eat crow

There are so many issues. Not all falls on Haith. The university has some serious sports related issues and just paying top dollar for a head coach does not necessarily get what you need. We lost so many assistants to higher paying jobs and have had no continuity with our recruiting.
I really am not convinced we have power conference talent.

Excuses are Haith's best friend. He's always got one, just like every other mediocre coach.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Give me a guy tearing it up as a HC at small time school instead of a “top assistant.” I want Mike White/Brad Underwood not an unproven potential Wojcik
Very good point, who are some that come to mind?

If you remember the last hire had this board clamoring for Mike White (La Tech) or Bryce Drew (Valpo) Our AD could not get either, but did not offer them near as much as he did Haith.
I'm betting there are some regrets there. MW would have left us almost immediately though.

Not sure Mike White would have been the best move. He was waiting for FL to call. It did -- and did not take long.

Drew would have been nice. However, I was VERY HIGH on Haith. I loved the hire (as most did). I truly believed he was going to be a recruiting machine.

Here's what puzzles me about Haith. It seemed like when he was coaching Manning's players, he had a pretty good Idea about what their strengths and weaknesses were and how to make the best of it. He was fairly successful with a team that didn't shoot very well.
Now, he doesn't seem to be able to figure out the same things about the players he recruited. He has said as much on the radio show when asked about his substitutions.
I agree with the poster who said let's see how the season plays out, but if it doesn't get a lot better than it is now I think TU has to figure out whether the short term cost of letting him go outweighs the long term cost of keeping him around.

Reactions: TULSARISING
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT