ADVERTISEMENT

Official Frank Haith discussion thread

No, I never think a post on the free board calling for the coach to be canned is a good idea.

It affects the program, not just the coach. And it makes the coaches job tougher, which is not a good idea when we can't afford to let him go right now.
But we can start from the root of the problem, and that's who got us in this position... Dr. Gragg

Except Upham was still President, so I doubt it was really Graggs decision.
Rest his soul, Sted was a great guy.
As far as Gragg goes, look at all of the other places he has been. When he was at those places, those teams were having their worst seasons and immediately got better after he left ( Michigan, Eastern Michigan etc)

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I know for a fact, when I was in college midway thru the Wojcik era, that, at least most of, the players and some of the coaching staff read the board.

No, I never think a post on the free board calling for the coach to be canned is a good idea.

It affects the program, not just the coach. And it makes the coaches job tougher, which is not a good idea when we can't afford to let him go right now.
I don't think the JUCO / Transfers that we keep grabbing really care. They just want to be out of the situation they're in.

Last edited:
Well, what would they expect??? They're supposed to believe everything is hunky dorey?

I wasn't commenting on that one or way or another, just providing anecdotal evidence that members of the team do read the boards.

I wasn't commenting on that one or way or another, just providing anecdotal evidence that members of the team do read the boards.

I can also say for a fact that the admin read this board... along with plenty of coaches, players, and recruits.

I keep looking for that 1 recruit. The one that everyone wants to watch. The one the media wants to cover.

We haven’t had a dominant player in years. We get “good players”... but nothing really exciting.
Bingo Noble . Frank appears to be likeable enough, however besides Etou and Martin becoming a nice player they don't have ACC guard talent. You have to have a consistent 18 point 2 guard on the team, not 30 points one night and can't drop it in the ocean the next. Apparently Frank and his staff can't recruit top - tier guard talent . Shake and Landrum were not interested.

Reactions: TULSARISING
I keep looking for that 1 recruit. The one that everyone wants to watch. The one the media wants to cover.

We haven’t had a dominant player in years. We get “good players”... but nothing really exciting.
Bingo Noble . Frank appears to be likeable enough, however besides Etou and Martin becoming a nice player they don't have ACC guard talent. You have to have a consistent 18 point 2 guard on the team, not 30 points one night and can't drop it in the ocean the next. Apparently Frank and his staff can't recruit top - tier guard talent . Shake and Landrum were not interested.
Joiner`s better than Landrum at this point.

But I promise I won't hold that bad example against you, even if you said he had a beautiful body.

Point still made well despite…

I am going to inject a different perspective.

They upcoming run of games gives the team a chance for redemption. Can Etou reemerge after a tough run? Can Taplin show the leadership we need from a junior pg? Can Jeffries get back into the groove of play? Can Frank reinject confidence and effort into this team?

I know for a fact, when I was in college midway thru the Wojcik era, that, at least most of, the players and some of the coaching staff read the board.

Maybe so 10 years ago, but I doubt that internet message boards are the rage with kids these days.

He's got one year left after this, but I can't believe he will come back next year if this season turns as bad as it could in the coming weeks.

He's got one year left after this, but I can't believe he will come back next year if this season turns as bad as it could in the coming weeks.

Haith isn't going to walk away from over a million per year (would you?). If he goes it's because this season collapses down the stretch and we negotiate some type of buyout which we can afford. Can't see that occurring btw.

Reactions: astonmartin708
Haith isn't going to walk away from over a million per year (would you?). If he goes it's because this season collapses down the stretch and we negotiate some type of buyout which we can afford. Can't see that occurring btw.

It is possible he could leave for a different job before being fired, similar to what happened at Missouri. But I agree we won't buy out the contract as it exists, and I doubt he'd agree to a negotiated buyout (don't blame him, he has 0 motivation to do so).

It is possible he could leave for a different job before being fired, similar to what happened at Missouri. But I agree we won't buy out the contract as it exists, and I doubt he'd agree to a negotiated buyout (don't blame him, he has 0 motivation to do so).
It's his retirement plan.

I respect him enough to think if we finish the season out like last night, there would be a deep discount on the buyout. There are a lot of misconceptions about him. He’s a good dude.

I also think we are going to come out on fire tomorrow night. It may look like when JP has Gonzaga at home and we played awesome for 10 minutes. But Noble be damned, we have way more talent than that team did.

Agree with the prediction for tomorrow’s game. Think we will lead at half. Afraid Wichita State’s defense will wear us down late but I do look for a competitive game. How the game is officiated will play a key role in this game. A tightly officiated game really helps us.

Betchoo we get Zelton. And if so I have to move up rafters for clapping.

I still say his retirement plan takes precedent over his being a good guy, unless he has already invested well.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Do you really think more than a handful of people read this board on a regular basis.
Just wanted to make one last point about this. I don't know if you have ever been on the payboard, but I know that a lot of people who aren't, don't see a lot of Chris' posts.

I will take his word for who looks at the board more than anyone else because of his behind the scenes access to users id's. He has made a number of comments over the years about players, staff, recruits, and relatives of such looking at the board.

As a school with a small # of alumni, a small # of fans, and thus a smaller # of board posters, the single constantly negative poster, can stand out a lot more than on a board with a ton more posters. That's why I think it's a little more important to think about how the post reflects on recruits, coaches, the school, etc.

Sure we can't, won't and shouldn't be wearing peaches and cream blue and gold glasses all the time. But being aware of this is of a bit more importance than say at Iowa St. or even somebody like Wyoming.(fairly random examples)
:puke::nukem2:
:eek:kay:

Do you really think more than a handful of people read this board on a regular basis.
Yes...I get the reports on traffic. We've had months with over 1 million unique views. There are thousands of folks registered for a username...only a fraction actually post. Then there are the folks that aren't registered that come and read the board.

Lots of coaches, players, player's parents, recruits, recruits' parents, media members, etc. subscribe for our pay content and Hurricane Alley. We report a lot of information in Hurricane Alley that never gets reported anywhere else.

If there were only a handful of people coming to this site, I wouldn't have been able to keep it going for 15 years.

Chris,
Perhaps a stupid question... but can the GHC advertise on this site?
Anyone can advertise if they reach out to us. Advertising has never been my focus, and I'm sure I've missed out on some income there, but anyone that wants to discuss advertising can email me at chris@insidetulsasports.com.

A long time ago, Catbird tried to facilitate a deal with GHC, where they would get advertising and they'd provide subscriptions to Inside Tulsa Sports for GHC members as another benefit. But TU's SID and marketing department got involved and killed it unfortunately.

I'm not happy with mediocrity either but I also understand losing Magnay dramatically impacted this team and it's chemistry.
Every coach has issues they deal with. Haith has a couple.
If we don't make the NIT I'll be very disappointed. If we finish under .500 then I'll buy you a beer and sign up for your cause.
Making the NIT gets harder every year especially with all of the automatics not many at large spots. We make a good run the rest of the season and go deep in the tourney then we should get an NIT bid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT