ADVERTISEMENT

Official Frank Haith discussion thread

I will agree that Tulsa can be a fickle place for sports teams, that is why it is CRUCIAL to compete at a high level or we will start to only have 500-1500 people show up for a game. Don't you remember when Shaq and Juice were juniors and seniors? The gym was not sold out, but we had a very respectable crowd. Now it's laughable because we get beat by teams like Lamar at home.

It wasn’t a whole lot different than it is now outside of that smu game where we had like 7700. We haven’t had good crowds on the reg since before Douglas wallered on the plateau we’re just beginning to move away from.

Yeah Wichita isn’t a great example because they support Wichita St as their university. Most Tulsans think of Tulsa (the school) as snobs. A more accurate comparison would be SMU or TCU.

Both struggle with attendance unless they have a huge name and winning massively.

If we hire a Larry Brown like name or are ranked in the Top 25 we’ll fill up the arena.
That's pretty much because Wichita State educates the entire city of Wichita. Also, I still stand by the statement. Tulsans aren't missing TU games because they're lazy. They're missing it because they don't connect with the University. The only way to get them to connect to the University is to advertise a product people want to buy.

No effective ads? No butts in seats.
Crappy product? No butts in seats.

We have to have both a good product and effective advertising. Right now we have neither.

Reactions: TU Sepp
It wasn’t a whole lot different than it is now outside of that smu game where we had like 7700. We haven’t had good crowds on the reg since before Douglas wallered on the plateau we’re just beginning to move away from.
You mean beginning to move back to?

survivor-smiley.gif

For the love of God someone please lock this thread. Tulsarising is making my head hurt and doesn't have a CLUE what he's talking about.

Question: cmullinsTU, should Frank Haith be fired?

Answer:
lol that's pretty good, and for the record, I want to say that I would LOVE IT if I was wrong and will continue cheering for TU this season and will GLADLY eat crow if we turn things around. I am not just posting this to be negative, I LOVE Tulsa!
Reign Cane!

Last edited:
Reactions: cmullinsTU
Like I’ve said... we ALL think we can do better on the court. But the short term happy feeling you’d get would be outweighed by the cost of terminating his contract then would be followed by MAJOR disappointment on who we’d be able to bring in for $500k to replace him...

I know it’s super easy to stomp your feet and yell “fire him!!” But there’s a lot more that goes into a decision like that.

Like I’ve said... we ALL think we can do better on the court. But the short term happy feeling you’d get would be outweighed by the cost of terminating his contract then would be followed by MAJOR disappointment on who we’d be able to bring in for $500k to replace him...

I know it’s super easy to stomp your feet and yell “fire him!!” But there’s a lot more that goes into a decision like that.
There is a lot that goes into that process, but that brings up another question... why did he hire someone that was about to be fired at another job? That's on Gragg

Let me be clear: I'm not on the "Fire him" train at the moment. I'm on the "don't renew his contract unless he makes an NCAA round of 64 under penalty of being tarred and feathered on the DG anchor Mr. Gragg" train.

Let me be clear: I'm not on the "Fire him" train at the moment. I'm on the "don't renew his contract unless he makes an NCAA round of 64 under penalty of being tarred and feathered on the DG anchor Mr. Gragg" train.
Definitely can't fire him now, can't afford to, but we need to as soon as we can afford it, we are going to lose a lot of money on empty arenas

There is a lot that goes into that process, but that brings up another question... why did he hire someone that was about to be fired at another job? That's on Gragg

Maybe because he was 76-28 at Missouri, national coach of the year, and had a big12 championship under his belt...

With another persons players, and when he got his own, the program fell.
Kind of like what he has done here

Ok dude. Be as mad as you want but I’m gonna support my alma mater... you can boycott the Reynolds center and yell at the tv all you want - good luck with that.

I will say though, if we get back to winning 9-10 games a year in football or better, I could care less if we stayed mediocre in basketball

Not mad, it's a game. And as I have stated MULTIPLE times, I support the and want nothing best for the team. I will continue to cheer them on throughout the season.

I keep looking for that 1 recruit. The one that everyone wants to watch. The one the media wants to cover.

We haven’t had a dominant player in years. We get “good players”... but nothing really exciting.

Really hope we get Bryce Cook on campus

He is fun to watch! I read one deal that said he was 5ft 6? That would be our smallest player in history would it not?

No idea how tall he is but if P5s are throwing offers at you after your sophomore year you can probably really play

I keep looking for that 1 recruit. The one that everyone wants to watch. The one the media wants to cover.

We haven’t had a dominant player in years. We get “good players”... but nothing really exciting.
Let's hope his first name is Bryce. Don't care if it's Cook or Thompson, or both.

Need players. Need scorers.
Been crying about this point for many years now. Tulsa just can't score.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT