ADVERTISEMENT

Official Aaargh! Game Thread

So the announcers are wondering why Zaven hasn’t been in the game.

Reactions: Gold*
People will be upset with it, but that’s the kind of stuff I like to see from a corner. We have some bad dudes on D

Reactions: cmullinsTU
giphy.gif

Monty's teams have lost a lot of games the last few years because of that kind of stuff.

Disagree. They have lost games because they were bad. Being that kind of guy is why he’s such a good press corner

That might also be true, but you go back and look at how many games were lost because of un-sportsman-like penalties. Did we not lead the nation in that last year?

Last edited:
Reactions: HuffyCane
Cristian Williams is clearly confused or intimidated and is having the worst game of his career so far.

Also, go we really want to be the team that has Bryson Powers smack talking down in the second quarter?

Reactions: Gold* and TU 1978
I was wondering if the inept Monty offense would return. Ladies and gentlemen it is back!!

Gah this is rough, ECU is bad and their defense is horrendous. Yet we can move the ball nor stop their running game.

Fire Montgomery. He’s a fraud, anytime the team gets big wins they get over confident and stay undisciplined. They don’t take their opponents seriously. He has one of the most talented Tulsa teams period and finds ways to lose.

Reactions: TU_BLA
That might also be true, but you go back and look at how many games were lost because of sportsman like penalties. Did we not lead the nation in that last year?

It’s not the pressing your guy into the bench penalties that are a problem. To me those are good penalties. It’s the 12 false starts and 3 personal fouls by guys that had nothing to do with the play.

JC Santana needs to wake up as well. He shifted his stance and the CB came down to press on 4th down (which is unusual for them) and Monty had to call time out.

He was in the wrong place wrong time on the punt, but he’s also had some drops and broke off his route early several times.

Reactions: TU 1978
Wow... I just need to stop watching this frustrating game 😎

Our best offensive play today was the read option with Smith keeping. Defense doesn’t think he will keep it and 99% of the time they are correct

Reactions: TU_BLA and TulsaAM
Smith’s pocket presence has been poor thus far tonight. And the play calling hasn’t been helping. On the 3rd down sack just now we had a wide open quick pass to Stokes but apparently Monty/Smith didn’t see how ECU was lined up on the far side. Bad coaching.

I still think we win this game but it’s going to be tight all night. I’m really hoping Zaven returns in the 2nd half or we could be in trouble.

Why am I starting to get the feeling that I've been here before??? Being totally pissed off is just around the corner....was it too good to last?? Is it just another Monty season??? :crap:

Reactions: TulsaAM
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT