ADVERTISEMENT

NWOSU Exhibition Thread

53% from field
82% f35.7 from three
46-22 boards
21 assists
9 TO

Thanks for all the updates. Team must have really come alive at the end considering it was a 4 point game at one point and ended up a 31 point differential.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
NWOSU has a couple of good shooters, but they had to cool off at some point. There were a couple of late rotations that allowed some of those 3s but at least half were prayers launched up and found their way in. I’m not too concerned about it.

Etou and Jeffries are gonna be great. I think everyone has improved except for korita and wheeler - neither impressed me.

Overall we look MUCH improved over last year not only in regard to skill, but also basketball IQ and overall athleticism. I think frank has this team heading in the right direction, but we’ll know a little more on Saturday after we see everyone again.

Finally, it felt nice leaving campus happy with all the rough times we’ve witnessed over on the football field this year.

Was Jeffries thicker than I thought or that just an undersized uniform? ;0)

I have seen Jeffries play a bunch in person...it was just in an ORU uniform

Yeah I just mean he’s so freakishly long and athletic, plus his ability to shoot. I can’t remember us having a player like him. I’m going to really enjoy watching him play this year

Bet the ORU board won't be sayin' the same things they said when he signed with us, after that game.

thanks for the video with Haith's comments. I'm not on twitter, so I was glad to hear him comments.

Folks, we play ORU a week from tonight! GET READY (cue the rap). We better be ready because the Titans (sarcasm) will want to embarass Jeffries

thanks for the video with Haith's comments. I'm not on twitter, so I was glad to hear him comments.

Folks, we play ORU a week from tonight! GET READY (cue the rap). We better be ready because the Titans (sarcasm) will want to embarass Jeffries

With what? A dead fish? We have guards. I don’t think they have much this year. They don’t even have the Voice.

Two weeks from tonight actually.

Reactions: Gold*

Two weeks from tonight...right ?

I don’t expect much from ORU this year but they will be much better than the squad we played tonight.

Short white kids from Hickory, Indiana right?

Not at all. Maybe one or 2. Mainly JUCO city kids from Atlanta, Louisville, Houston, etc. not one from western OK. Good quickness, not much height. A lot of 6' to 6'4 guys.

Yeah I just mean he’s so freakishly long and athletic, plus his ability to shoot. I can’t remember us having a player like him. I’m going to really enjoy watching him play this year
Jarius Glenn was probably the last player that resembled Jeffries. He had long arms, a good defender, good athlete and pretty good shooter. And Jeffries is still better than that. Honestly, Jeffries could be our version of Julius Peppers. I think Peppers was an inch or so taller than Jeffries, played the 4 for Carolina and simply destroyed teams because he was an absolute freak of an athlete. Jeffries is a better outside shooter than Peppers.

Just basing it on score, this is exactly how you expect an exhibition against this type of opponent to go. 1st half is a feeling out type of thing...1st time against players who are not on your team in a game setting, timing, refs, etc. Haith feeling out his rotation, trying different sets, defensive schemes, etc. 2nd half you settle in and see how things go. I remember a couple of these exhibitions in the past 6-7 years being way too close and TU not being able to separate themselves from a clearly inferior opponent. Win by nearly 30 and you've created that separation. On to the next one.

They were better than the SWOSU team we lost to a couple years ago
The one that had one decent 6-5 forward and kept running the same play over and over that Haith wouldn't adjust to defending?

He was focusing on other things to be fair, but it was still ridiculous.

Jeffries is a better outside shooter than Peppers.

You don’t say?

Honestly, that’s a bizarre comparison. They are nothing alike. Jefferies reminds me more of Kirk Snyder or Coley with a jump shot or a way more agile KJ. He’s not very thick. He can really jump. I’m not sure we’ve ever had anyone like him.

You don’t say?

Honestly, that’s a bizarre comparison. They are nothing alike. Jefferies reminds me more of Kirk Snyder or Coley with a jump shot or a way more agile KJ. He’s not very thick. He can really jump. I’m not sure we’ve ever had anyone like him.
Wasn't Peppers like 290 lb's when he was in school because he played football? I like the Coley with a jumpshot comparison, but he's got to up his defensive intensity to really garner that high of praise.

How would you know? You haven’t seen him play.

He looks pretty good, but comparisons are hard because we played a midget JV team last night.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
How would you know? You haven’t seen him play.

He looks pretty good, but comparisons are hard because we played a midget JV team last night.
Well, the tweets of others regarding some defensive lapses. As far as his offensive game having watched some of his games @ ORU + in JUCO + Highlights. The internet is a wonderous thing my friend.

I wouldn’t call me a friend.

You don’t know what you talking about. He looks like a pretty decent defensive player. And I’m not worried about him compared to some other allegedly good defensive players, in addition to the lack of a shot blocker.

I wouldn’t call me a friend.

You don’t know what you talking about. He looks like a pretty decent defensive player. And I’m not worried about him compared to some other allegedly good defensive players, in addition to the lack of a shot blocker.
I'm not worried about him. Just saying that Coley was a transcendent defensive wonder and making a comparison to him would require a level of special defensive talent. I thought Jeffries could be that guy coming into the season, but apparently he wasn't "extraordinary" last night defensively. I'm confident he'll be good on that end though, and really great offensively.

Don't you have some crayons to go chew on?

You never saw Eric Coley play, son. I saw pretty much every game. You realize he was 6’4 or 6’5 right? He played the three until his senior year when he played the four. That team went from being a rebounding machine to getting a bunch of steals. The Jefferies comparison works because he’s smaller than the traditional four. Just because the stats don’t match Blake Griffin doesn’t mean it doesn’t work or isn’t a good defensive player. You change the style of play.

You really should take a break from the boards. People don’t like you. I think they’ve tried to politely hint at it.

Jefferies reminds me of one of Nolan's players (both here and at Arkansas). Long, thin, athletic, quick, etc... who can play multiple positions and are as adept at hitting an outside jumper as slashing to the hole. I can't recall a good comparison to a recent player.

Last edited:
You never saw Eric Coley play, son. I saw pretty much every game. You realize he was 6’4 or 6’5 right? He played the three until his senior year when he played the four. That team went from being a rebounding machine to getting a bunch of steals. The Jefferies comparison works because he’s smaller than the traditional four. Just because the stats don’t match Blake Griffin doesn’t mean it doesn’t work or isn’t a good defensive player. You change the style of play.

You really should take a break from the boards. People don’t like you. I think they’ve tried to politely hint at it.
I don't care what position he played. I've seen how disruptive he was. I didn't say Jeffries wouldn't be a good defender. I just said that he needs to focus (mentally) on defense if he's getting beaten on a few plays by a bad DII team. I think he'all be really good this year. But if he's getting beat like consistently that he's not going to be Coley. He will be very good, but not Coley.

As far as people liking me I don't give a crap. Also, it's funny for a lawyer to give anyone advice on people liking you. I appreciate you thinking you're hot :crap:e with your northeast Oklahoma war stories. Maybe some day you will grow up. You don't impress me at all. Child.

Aston, it's time to admit you're wrong on some things and cut your losses. When EVERYBODY calls you clown shoes it's probably time to look in the mirror. As they say...if it walks like a duck...

Reactions: Gold*
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT