ADVERTISEMENT

NWOSU Exhibition Thread

I.I.

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
Need a Thread with no audio or video tonight. The ones here will try to fill in.

It looks like NWOSU has a radio crew here. Don’t know where it originates.

Attendance looks about 900. 2 minutes till tip-off. Band is playing.

And the starters are:
Taplin

Etou
Jeffries
Scott
Wheeler

Subs in at 17:03 Igbanu Henderson Joiner

0-6 from three

Etou follow dunk. 2 more corner 3’s by OSU.

Freshmen looking like freshmen so far.
Wide open 3s are still here.
Etou playing well.
Everyone needs to see Jeffries play in person.

Offense has had 20 combinations so no continuity. 3 point defense terrible as we are helping off preventing a drive while leaving our man open.

Etou by far best player on floor. 100% better than last year. Others are finding their rhythm.

Only 9 of their points have come from somewhere other than behind the 3 point line. They have made a few prayers.

Also we couldn’t hit anything from behind the arc for the first 10 minutes.

Etou is a beast, Jeffries will be huge for us this year. Not sure about joiner yet. Jackson seems a little slow.

We’ll see how the 2nd half looks.

Reactions: TULSARISING
NWOSU 9-19 from three
TU 4-15

Tu 25-10 boards
TU 47% from field.

I think the NWOSU radio guy is speaking into a 1930’s radio system. Where is this school, Guymon?

Little bit sloppy on the passes into the interior in first half. Lot of them were lost to OSU rather than intercepted, if that makes any sense.

I think the NWOSU radio guy is speaking into a 1930’s radio system. Where is this school, Guymon?

Alva. How bout that. I have nothing to say about Alva.

Only 9 of their points have come from somewhere other than behind the 3 point line. They have made a few prayers.

Also we couldn’t hit anything from behind the arc for the first 10 minutes.

Etou is a beast, Jeffries will be huge for us this year. Not sure about joiner yet. Jackson seems a little slow.

We’ll see how the 2nd half looks.
Jackson was giving Holmes fits there in the last two minutes. Picked up 2 freshman fouls, but still.

NWOSU is fairly athletic. They are quick, but they are skinny. They can hit open 3s & have a couple of players that are good at driving to the basket.

A quick review of their roster shows 8 out of 14 are Juco kids, vs 6 HS. They have 2 OKC kids, 1 Coweta kid & 11 out of state players. This is not old school NW OK State.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT