ADVERTISEMENT

Next Year's Roster

mmckell

I.T.S. Sophomore
Gold Member
Mar 24, 2016
My random thoughts on our roster for next year...

...Sam Griffin and Brandon Betson give me the impression that their bags are already packed and ready to go. Tim Dalger is a wild card, and I could go either way on him, but I'm letting him walk. Anthony Prichard is a proud Oklahoman and will fight tooth and nail to stay on the TU roster. Nikita appears to be going for a medical redshirt, and we desperately need height and rebounds. The staff will keep him around for another year. Sterling Gaston-Chapman certainly is a positive teammate, and a good defensive player, but lacks offensive skills. It's tough to say it, but I think we let him walk. Ari Seals was given a scholarship solely because of his father, and I wish him the best. It never felt like Peyton Urbancic was given a fair shot, but at this point, if you can't get on the court in a bad year, it's hard to imagine him getting minutes next year. Hopefully, KES graduates, but he walks.

2023-24 Roster:
  1. Jesaiah McWright G
  2. BB Knight G
  3. Nikita Konstantynovskyi F
  4. Anthony Pritchard G
  5. Charles Chukwu C
  6. Bryant Selebangue F
  7. Carlous Williams F
  8. Jarred Hall F
  9. Matt Reed C
  10. ???
  11. ???
  12. ???
  13. ???
Who's on your roster next season?

Reactions: astonmartin708
I

...Sam Griffin and Brandon Betson give me the impression that their bags are already packed and ready to go. Tim Dalger is a wild card, and I could go either way on him, but I'm letting him walk. Anthony Prichard is a proud Oklahoman and will fight tooth and nail to stay on the TU roster. Nikita appears to be going for a medical redshirt, and we desperately need height and rebounds. The staff will keep him around for another year. Sterling Gaston-Chapman certainly is a positive teammate, and a good defensive player, but lacks offensive skills. It's tough to say it, but I think we let him walk. Ari Seals was given a scholarship solely because of his father, and I wish him the best. It never felt like Peyton Urbancic was given a fair shot, but at this point, if you can't get on the court in a bad year, it's hard to imagine him getting minutes next year. Hopefully, KES graduates, but he walks.

2023-24 Roster:
  1. Jesaiah McWright G
  2. BB Knight G
  4. Anthony Pritchard G
  5. Charles Chukwu C
  6. Bryant Selebangue F
  7. Carlous Williams F
  8. Jarred Hall F
  9. Matt Reed C
  10. ???
  11. ???
  12. ???
  13. ???
Imo, need to get some solid guys from the portal for quicker results , don’t want to rely just on freshmen and sophomores

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
I

Imo, need to get some solid guys from the portal for quicker results , don’t want to rely just on freshmen and sophomores
I think we take another FR if it's the right player and position. Another PG wouldn't be bad, maybe Friedrichsen if he wants to be here but I am thinking his ego shows him playing in a bigger conference to sit on the bench. I think the other 3 are portal players that can help stabilize things immediately.

Are we sure Ari Seals is on scholarship? I thought he was a walk-on on his dad's tuition benefits and maybe TU allowed him to remain on those until he graduates?

I think we take another FR if it's the right player and position. Another PG wouldn't be bad, maybe Friedrichsen if he wants to be here but I am thinking his ego shows him playing in a bigger conference to sit on the bench. I think the other 3 are portal players that can help stabilize things immediately.

Are we sure Ari Seals is on scholarship? I thought he was a walk-on on his dad's tuition benefits and maybe TU allowed him to remain on those until he graduates?
We only have 12 scholarship players minus Seals. He could have been put on scholarship for just this year. We’ve done that before.

Reactions: Larry Lewis
We only have 12 scholarship players minus Seals. He could have been put on scholarship for just this year. We’ve done that before.
Well, that would make sense if we weren't going to use the scholarship on someone else, which we didn't, but I'd think this is only OK if the kid and his family knew it was a 1 year deal for him and he was welcome to stay on the team as a walk-on the following year(s).

2023-24 Roster:
  1. Jesaiah McWright G
  2. BB Knight G
  4. Anthony Pritchard G
  5. Charles Chukwu C
  6. Bryant Selebangue F
  7. Carlous Williams F
  8. Jarred Hall F
  9. Matt Reed C
  10. ???
  11. ???
  12. ???
  13. ???
Selebangue will go to a Power 5.

I may actually agree. Selebangue is one of the best 5’s in the league. He just needs a big rebounding 4 to help and stretch. ( Williams) (Reed). On defense he can cover a 4.

Gotta be a little more selective with those you tell to beat it.

michael-jackson-beat-it.gif

He looks every bit the rim protector.

Looks like he would use you as a rag to mop the floor.

In checking out his Twitter profile I could only see one other offer and that was New Mexico State...pretty sure no one wants to touch that mess with the 50' pole
Let me qualify this...and I'm not sure NMSU is dumb enough to do this, but Chris Beard's domestic abuse charges were dropped as his fiancee wanted them dropped and the prosecutor didn't feel he could get a conviction without her testimony. Beard is certainly troubled but there are going to be schools looking for a coach they know can turn them around. Again, not sure NMSU can bring in a coach with Beard's recent history to restart a program that was just shut down internally because of hazing and other sh*t going on. NMSU is sort of like Baylor 2.0. BUT...if they were dumb enough and hired Beard NMS would be a 2nd chance destination for a lot of really good players.

Let me qualify this...and I'm not sure NMSU is dumb enough to do this, but Chris Beard's domestic abuse charges were dropped as his fiancee wanted them dropped and the prosecutor didn't feel he could get a conviction without her testimony. Beard is certainly troubled but there are going to be schools looking for a coach they know can turn them around. Again, not sure NMSU can bring in a coach with Beard's recent history to restart a program that was just shut down internally because of hazing and other sh*t going on. NMSU is sort of like Baylor 2.0. BUT...if they were dumb enough and hired Beard NMS would be a 2nd chance destination for a lot of really good players.
Look at what they just let happen… and if they could have kept it under wraps longer, they would have. They would absolutely try to reel him in. Not sure if he’d go, but they aren’t exactly showing to be worried about image.

Look at what they just let happen… and if they could have kept it under wraps longer, they would have. They would absolutely try to reel him in. Not sure if he’d go, but they aren’t exactly showing to be worried about image.
I don't think they have any choice now BUT to care about image. They'll be under a big time microscope now.

Reactions: Clong83a and TU_BLA
I'm just saying that was the only other one I saw announced on Twitter...but I'll admit I didn't go back past November.

Reactions: Bill Lowery
He looks every bit the rim protector.

Looks like he would use you as a rag to mop the floor.
This young man seems to have, like a good soccer player, a sense of time and direction
on moving objects...He handles lobs and different high passes very well, and seems
to be able to dunk from any where with ease....He is more athletic than anyone we
have had in some time, and seems very aggressive around the hoop.....Has a very fast
motor.....

Fun to watch, and looks as if he would be a big help....I would surmise he would be
right up there with our earlier signed threesome....

Last edited:
I don't think they have any choice now BUT to care about image. They'll be under a big time microscope now.
This.

The coach they hired was there less than a year and things went totally off the rails. There is no doubt some institutional blindness, but mostly I think they weren't prepared for things to get that bad so quickly.

They are the perfect sized school to get a "death penalty" next year if they do something stupid.

And good luck recruiting to that mess. Come to NMSU, you might get sexually assaulted by your own teammates! Or get into a shootout in Albuquerque!

In fairness, that last one could happen to anyone...

This.

The coach they hired was there less than a year and things went totally off the rails. There is no doubt some institutional blindness, but mostly I think they weren't prepared for things to get that bad so quickly.

They are the perfect sized school to get a "death penalty" next year if they do something stupid.

And good luck recruiting to that mess. Come to NMSU, you might get sexually assaulted by your own teammates! Or get into a shootout in Albuquerque!

In fairness, that last one could happen to anyone...
So, to my knowledge they haven't committed any NCAA violations and dealt with the athletic/student discipline issues in house and somewhat swiftly. Unless there's something I am unaware about or haven't heard.
And NMSU is in Las Cruces which is closer to Mexico and El Paso than it is to Albuquerque

So, to my knowledge they haven't committed any NCAA violations and dealt with the athletic/student discipline issues in house and somewhat swiftly. Unless there's something I am unaware about or haven't heard.
And NMSU is in Las Cruces which is closer to Mexico and El Paso than it is to Albuquerque
Yes, but the gunfight was in Albuquerque when they went to play UNM, which is why I referred to it.

I don't think they know of any NCAA violations (yet), but "loss of institutional control" would seem to apply. Crimes have been committed, which are worse than phone calls or other NCAA violations. I guess I don't know for sure, but I would assume the NCAA has the right to discipline in this scenario.

I agree they likely don't get any major punishment from the NCAA at the moment, but NMSU will be under a microscope and open themselves up to discipline for the tiniest thing going forward. Best to hire a squeaky clean coach.

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
Yes, but the gunfight was in Albuquerque when they went to play UNM, which is why I referred to it.

I don't think they know of any NCAA violations (yet), but "loss of institutional control" would seem to apply. Crimes have been committed, which are worse than phone calls or other NCAA violations. I guess I don't know for sure, but I would assume the NCAA has the right to discipline in this scenario.

I agree they likely don't get any major punishment from the NCAA at the moment, but NMSU will be under a microscope and open themselves up to discipline for the tiniest thing going forward. Best to hire a squeaky clean coach.
So I’m guessing NMSU wouldn’t want to hire an experienced coach in Dave Bliss because he coached at their rival school. Lol.

Pay Scott Drew 7 M a year and he will turn around another "dead" program.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Pay Scott Drew 7 M a year and he will turn around another "dead" program.
Or cause one!

You've gone and done it! You brought up another situation out of the past where
"institutional control" was an oxymoron....

Last edited:
Average stats but that doesn't tell you a lot.

Any projections on tomorrow's starting lineups? Probably should have a raffle to see who wins with the most starters. ;)

Here’s the info I posted a few days ago.

The other is 6-6 SG/WF soph Jadrian Tracey from Florida Southwestern State CC, where Bryant Sellebangue played last season. Tracey signed with St Joseph’s out of high school and played quite a bit, starting 4 games as a true frosh. Tracey is ranked #42 in the nation by JucoRecruiting.com.
www.fswbucs.com

Tracey Named FCSAA Player of the Week

Leading the Florida SouthWestern State Buccaneers to a pair of must win games last week, FSW sophomore Jadrian Tracey has been named the FCSAA Player of the Week by the league office on Tuesday.
www.fswbucs.com
www.fswbucs.com

www.fswbucs.com

Jadrian Tracey

Jadrian Tracey
www.fswbucs.com
www.fswbucs.com

I thought the last sentence was interesting. It’d be nice to bring these 2 together.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla.- Leading the Florida SouthWestern State Buccaneers to a pair of must win games last week, FSW sophomore Jadrian Tracey has been named the FCSAA Player of the Week by the league office on Tuesday.

Tracey averaged 20.5 points, 7.0 rebounds, 6.0 assists, and 3.5 steals per game in two FSW wins last week. Monday against Hillsborough he led the Bucs to a key road win, putting up 23 points on 9-12 shooting while also picking off 4 steals on the defensive end. Thursday he came up big again at home against #25 Indian River, flirting with a triple-double with 18 points, 10 rebounds, and 8 assists in a blowout win for the Bucs over the Pioneers.

He is the first Buccaneer to be named FCSAA Player of the Week since Bryant Selebangue in January of 2022.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
Another juco we’re looking at is 6-3 guard Julian Mackey down the road at NEO. He’s a scorer who can play either guard position. He originally signed and played his Frosh year at Niagara

Player Spotlight: 2021 Julian Mackey (The Skill Factory)​

by Patrick O'Brien | Sep 9, 2020 | Featured, News, Phenom LIVE, Recruiting News | 0 comments
Julian-Mackey-1.jpg

A new name that was brought to the attention of Phenom Hoops this past weekend at the Phenom LIVE, 2021 6’3 Julian Mackey from The Skill Factory has a lot of intrigue with his game.
Mackey announced that he would be attending The Skill Factory back in April, coming off a season in which he averaged nearly 22 points per game for Lakota West. Now, the talented combo guard looks to make an even bigger mark with his new program.
Mackey is one that can both initiate the offense, with a nice balance of finding his teammates and scoring, but also play off the ball as well, scoring with a smooth perimeter shot or using his length (6’7 wingspan) to his advantage to finish over defenders and at the rim.
He would say much of the same when Phenom Hoops asked how he would describe his game and mindset on the court.
“I’d describe my game as being a scorer, but I can use the attention I bring from scoring to open up the floor and find my teammates as well,” he said. “Defensively, I just try to make plays, whether it’s rebounding, steals, blocks, etc.”
And what makes him even more intriguing is that his game has only continued to improve since joining The Skill Factory. And he wants to continue to work on his strength and speed.
Mackey doesn’t hold any offer as of yet but schools are taking notice of him, as VCU, UNCG, Niagara, Hofstra, Illinois State, and UCF have all expressed interest and it should be only a matter of time before a school offers him.
Coach’s Perspective (Rob Johnson, The Skill Factory): “I’ve known Julian since he was in 6th grade. He’s always had a great skillset but was young for his grade and hit his growth spurt late. Now 6’3 and still growing, having a 6’7 wing span and long legs. True combo guard. Patient and can play off the ball or initiate offense. Excellent shooter. Great pace. Creative finisher and good passer. Very good in pick and roll situations as a scorer and playmaker. Plays much more physical than his current frame. Knows how to initiate body contact and keeps defenders off balance with his crossover. He has a chance to play at the highest level.”

Reactions: StoopsBros
Here’s the info I posted a few days ago.

The other is 6-6 SG/WF soph Jadrian Tracey from Florida Southwestern State CC, where Bryant Sellebangue played last season. Tracey signed with St Joseph’s out of high school and played quite a bit, starting 4 games as a true frosh. Tracey is ranked #42 in the nation by JucoRecruiting.com.
www.fswbucs.com

Tracey Named FCSAA Player of the Week

Leading the Florida SouthWestern State Buccaneers to a pair of must win games last week, FSW sophomore Jadrian Tracey has been named the FCSAA Player of the Week by the league office on Tuesday.
www.fswbucs.com
www.fswbucs.com

www.fswbucs.com

Jadrian Tracey

Jadrian Tracey
www.fswbucs.com
www.fswbucs.com
I bet he will be the first to sign with Tulsa following our last game.

Beard will probably be the new coach at Mississippi after their season is over.

I thought the last sentence was interesting. It’d be nice to bring these 2 together.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla.- Leading the Florida SouthWestern State Buccaneers to a pair of must win games last week, FSW sophomore Jadrian Tracey has been named the FCSAA Player of the Week by the league office on Tuesday.

Tracey averaged 20.5 points, 7.0 rebounds, 6.0 assists, and 3.5 steals per game in two FSW wins last week. Monday against Hillsborough he led the Bucs to a key road win, putting up 23 points on 9-12 shooting while also picking off 4 steals on the defensive end. Thursday he came up big again at home against #25 Indian River, flirting with a triple-double with 18 points, 10 rebounds, and 8 assists in a blowout win for the Bucs over the Pioneers.

He is the first Buccaneer to be named FCSAA Player of the Week since Bryant Selebangue in January of 2022.
He’s on a roll. I would like to see him in a TU uniform. He’s been shooting very, very well. We need that plus a guy that can rebound from the guard position.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla.- For the second straight week, Florida SouthWestern sophomore guard Jadrian Tracey has been named the FCSAA Player of the Week.

Tracey continued his dominating play in a pair of huge Southern Conference wins for the Bucs last week. Monday he helped the Bucs grind out a 79-56 road win at Miami Dade, putting up a 23 point, 11 rebound double-double for FSW. Thursday he rose to the occasion once again, scoring a career high 34 points on 12-16 shooting, while pulling down 8 rebounds as the Bucs all but punched their ticket to the postseason with a 94-78 win over State College of Florida.

On the week Tracey averaged 28.5 points and 9.5 rebounds per game while shooting 65% overall from the field as well as connecting on 65% from the three point line.

Tracey is the first player in FSW Men's Basketball history to be named the FCSAA Player of the Week in back to back weeks.

FSW fans will have two more chances this season to see Tracey and the Bucs in action in Suncoast Arena as FSW hosts Palm Beach State Tuesday night at 7:00 in non-conference action before wrapping up the regular season with a playoff spot on the line on Saturday as they take on Hillsborough in a 4:00 tip in Fort Myers.j

I'm sure this was posted on the pay side but I've been busy and just noticed it...

6'8 and averages a double-double.

The Tulsa offer is at the top in terms of best offers. Rhode Island, Hawaii, and maybe Iona are "comparable". I'm a homer, I'd choose TU, lol. A lot of buzz has Pitino leaving Iona.

I'm sure this was posted on the pay side but I've been busy and just noticed it...

6'8 and averages a double-double.

The Tulsa offer is at the top in terms of best offers. Rhode Island, Hawaii, and maybe Iona are "comparable". I'm a homer, I'd choose TU, lol. A lot of buzz has Pitino leaving Iona.
Pitino won't be there next year, after getting 'away with it'/(cleared). Some big program will take him off Iona's hands, whether they like it or not.

Pitino won't be there next year, after getting 'away with it'/(cleared). Some big program will take him off Iona's hands, whether they like it or not.
Would Louisville be that desperate to rehire him? I mean they're just as bad as we are this year in terms of W/L.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT