ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh Back to the NFL

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
What type of trickle down effect will this have on coaches around the country OR does Michigan stay in house with the guy that actually was the interim HC for 6 games this season while Harbaugh served his various suspensions? AND, is this more of a sign that Harbaugh didn't want to deal with NCAA rules any longer or NIL or the transfer portal? I think the Chargers is an odd place for him but I think he is going to turn Herbert into a monster of a QB.

And what happens to Michigan's roster? Does it get raided in the transfer portal? Do they have any OL Wilson can poach?

I would think it is indeed easier to cheat in the NFL than the NCAA...Mainly the NCAA has made all cheating legal now...so you really have to go out of your way to find new ways to cheat.

The NCAA is a lot of politics and I always felt Harbaugh wasn't about any of that BS. It's probably the same reason why Saban retired.

And it's harder to cheat in the NFL. They have freaking protocols for everything and pretty stringent game day ops all the way down to the salary cap. Remember when the NFL dinged Jerry Jones because Jerry overspent on a salary cap that wasn't in place (there was 1 NFL season in the last 15 years where it was cap less and the NFL warned owners not to go spend crazy. Apparently the owners along with the NFL dinged the Cowboys and the Redskins for going over a verbal cap agreement in a secret meeting, in a year where there was no salary cap.

And Harbaugh has pretty much only to win a Super Bowl to feel complete. Last feather in his cap.

Reactions: Larry Lewis
Prime candidate for the Michigan job … Phillip Run It Up The Middle Montgomery!!

It was always Todd’s dream job.
His wife would hate it there. Too cold.

Seriously, the guy that had the acting HC tag when Harbaugh was suspended had them playing at a high level. Bring in a good QB coach/OC and they'd be in business pretty quick.

I have never understood why you would rather coach in college over the NFL. Recruiting is such a friggin' drain.
I would hate the recruiting aspect of college coaching. However, if you have an established, top program, once you have success, it isn't that hard to stay successful. When you win, it is easier to recruit. In the NFL, if you are good, you draft last every year.

Still, the endless recruiting would get really old.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
I would hate the recruiting aspect of college coaching. However, if you have an established, top program, once you have success, it isn't that hard to stay successful. When you win, it is easier to recruit. In the NFL, if you are good, you draft last every year.

Still, the endless recruiting would get really old.
Yes and now that they both have free agency the NFL version, at the end of the contract period, is much better than the “at any time” college version.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT