ADVERTISEMENT

Nevada Thread

After this game I think we win Utah and O-State. K-state is 40% win type game and Dayton is a toss up.

Definitely an at large schedule with three wins or the right two wins.

I’m hoping Taplin can go tomorrow, despite SIU’s destruction by UMASS they are the best team we’ve played besides Nevada.

They’re 124 in the Ken Pom and we are 126. If Taplin can’t go tomorrow it’s going to be a very tough game.

Reactions: Bill Lowery
I’m hoping Taplin can go tomorrow, despite SIU’s destruction by UMASS they are the best team we’ve played besides Nevada.

They’re 124 in the Ken Pom and we are 126. If Taplin can’t go tomorrow it’s going to be a very tough game.

I agree and while bitching about Haith's subbing patterns we need to remember that Joiner has spent a lot of time at point this year and looked good. He also played great filling in for Tap last year at Cincy. Does it pay off tomorrow if Tap can't go? We'll see.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Just an observation but don't you think the Martin twins for Nevada, at 23, could be freshman for BYU or Utah

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Just an observation but don't you think the Martin twins for Nevada, at 23, could be freshman for BYU or Utah
I’d say they would be more likely candidates for Fresno State.

We are playing very well. Problem as has been all year. Poor 3
point shooting and getting hammered on the boards
Amen to both.....We did play well....Tap wasn't as quick as in
the past, but Nevada's quickness might have made it look that
way....He is (here's hoping he is OK) really playing well....

As well as we played, there was one sobering note for the future...
Moore (1 in 12 mins.) and Horne (0 in 20 minutes) obviously
had one rebound between them in a combined 32 minutes of
playing time.....If that is any sort of harbinger for the future,
their playing time will get smaller and smaller...They both seem
to like to play away from the basket...On the other hand, Barnes
and Falokun like to mix it up.....

The game tonight will do some more "sortin' out".......

Amen to both.....We did play well....Tap wasn't as quick as in
the past, but Nevada's quickness might have made it look that
way....He is (here's hoping he is OK) really playing well....

As well as we played, there was one sobering note for the future...
Moore (1 in 12 mins.) and Horne (0 in 20 minutes) obviously
had one rebound between them in a combined 32 minutes of
playing time.....If that is any sort of harbinger for the future,
their playing time will get smaller and smaller...They both seem
to like to play away from the basket...On the other hand, Barnes
and Falokun like to mix it up.....

The game tonight will do some more "sortin' out".......

Another player we need much better production from, especially if Taplin can’t go, is Joiner. In his last 2 games, he’s avg 21 mins, but only 1.5 pts, 1 rb and 1 asst. He hasn’t made a fg—0-6.

He’s got to be more productive and I think he will. We can’t have him fouling out either. If no Taplin, who should spell him at pg? Barnes, Scott?

Reactions: ctt8410
Another player we need much better production from, especially if Taplin can’t go, is Joiner. In his last 2 games, he’s avg 21 mins, but only 1.5 pts, 1 rb and 1 asst. He hasn’t made a fg—0-6.

He’s got to be more productive and I think he will. We can’t have him fouling out either. If no Taplin, who should spell him at pg? Barnes, Scott?
Scott. Or Jeffries as a point forward.

Some one mentioned that Joiner had gone to more of a set shot this year. It looked pretty. It seems like he's reverted to the old less consistent shooting form where he's almost shooting on the way down

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT