ADVERTISEMENT

Net Rankings

We will be double digit underdogs at Cincinnati, too. Very tough month of games to start our conference season. We need to steal a game or 2 the next couple weeks & keep our confidence up for February, when the schedule finally lightens up a little bit.

We can lose two maybe three more conference games and be in the discussion for an at-large. Big game tomorrow.

NET Rankings Through January 24

Houston (7) No Change
Cincinnati (29) Up 4
UCF (35) No Change
Temple (54) Up 8
Memphis (67) Down 1
UCONN (87) Down 1
South Fl (89) Up 1
Tulsa (104) Down 5
Wichita St (127) Up 1
SMU (122) Up 1
ECU (233) Up 4
Tulane (307) Up 2

Total guess but seeing other teams with similar wins they get a 20 plus spot jump.

Only game today is Alcorn State at Alabama A&M. Not a real barn burner. This is the latest NET rankings.

NET Rankings Through January 27

Houston (7) Up 1
Cincinnati (23) Up 3
UCF (40) Down 6
Memphis (54) Up 10
Temple (60) Down 4
UCONN (78) No Change
South Fl (80) Up 2
Tulsa (109) Down 5
SMU (120) Up 3
Wichita St (134) Up 1
ECU (253) Down 2
Tulane (303) No Change

Looking at the NET listing I still feel optimistic (at least until the next game). Houston is the only team that has really had our number, 20+ there and 12 here. Cincinnati, we had them beat here but gave it away by not hitting one free throw late despite multiple chances and lost by 12 there. UCF was a really close road game where we had a chance to win at the end but lost our mind. We beat UCONN and USF but lost big to SMU and won’t play any of them again until the tourney. Our remaining schedule consists of home and homes with Memphis, Temple, WSU, ECU, and Tulane. Now while anyone can lose at any time (Cincy at ECU) I honestly think we can go 8-2 against that schedule. If we can avoid the Tigers we should have a shot at beating any of these guys on a neutral court until we hit the Coogs.

Memphis opens as a 1.5 favorite. That's likely based on UH winning by 12 and Memphis blasting UCF by 20 in Memphis. I don't recall Memphis doing well on the road. And, they haven't won here since their glory days.

Well it is Super Bowl week. Pats could give us his best Broadway Joe impersonation and guarantee a win tomorrow. That should do it.

This is my big game. The Memphis people say we won't beat them for the next 5 years with their nation's top recruiting classes on the way. This may be our best chance.

Would love to see them flop next year and everybody that's anybody go to the league. Then he'd be hoping his recruiting went beyond his former players. Oh wait I must be jealous of the staff's NBA ties.

Before or after 3-5 of their players are ruled ineligible for receiving improper benefits?

The NCAA likes the story line of Memphis succeeding under Penny. Betting they don't look very closely at anything there.

Reactions: rusty-c
I think it will be important for us to play well early tonight. Memphis has won 4 of their last 5 games & is playing with a lot of confidence right now.

We went 10-7 Respectively in the GOI yesterday. I am not posting one today because the only game to day is ECU at UConn. I am posting the latest rankings. I believe we need a day off from that debacle yesterday. Also GO RAMS!!!

NET Rankings Through February 2
Houston (7) No Change
Cincinnati (24) No Change
UCF (43) Down 1
Temple (54) Up 1
Memphis (70) Down 10
South Fl (71) Up 9
UCONN (76) Up 1
Tulsa (99) Down 8
SMU (113) Up 7
Wichita St (125) Up 8
ECU (260) Down 2
Tulane (297) Up 5

UConn beat ECU yesterday in the only game of concern. The only game of concern today is South Carolina State at Delaware State. I am sure you all will be tuned in to that game. lol

NET Rankings Through February 3

Houston (7) No Change
Cincinnati (25) No Change
UCF (44) Down 1
Temple (54) No Change
Memphis (70) No Change
South Fl (71) No Change
UCONN (74) Up 2
Tulsa (99) No Change
SMU (113) No Change
Wichita St (125) No Change
ECU (262) Down 2
Tulane (297) No Change

PERFECT!!! 7-0 on the GOI yesterday. Thanks to ORU for not sucking. No GOI today but there will be a big slate for Saturday, cause its Saturday.

NET Rankings Through February 7

Houston (7) No Change
Cincinnati (24) Up 1
UCF (46) Down 4
Temple (50) Up 1
South Fl (67) Up 2
Memphis (71) Down 3
UCONN (76) Up 3
Tulsa (98) No Change
SMU (115) Down 1
Wichita St (118) No Change
ECU (271) Up 1
Tulane (295) Up 3

So will playing and hopefully beating ECU and Tulane twice each make the Net go up or down?

If it’s
So will playing and hopefully beating ECU and Tulane twice each make the Net go up or down?
a close game then it will most likely go down. We need to win convincingly against both. The only games left to help our ranking is both Temple games and at Memphis. Other than that just don’t lose. Then we have the tournament. If we can win out and get to the final in the tournament we might have a remote outside chance. Probably still have to win the tournament. NIT is almost a non factor anymore

There was not a single move in the Rankings from yesterday. It is weird cause NO ONE moved. I think there might be an update later that said.

There are two games today and they are Grambling at Alcorn State and then Coppin State at South Carolina State.

NET Rankings Through February 10

Houston (7) No Change
Cincinnati (24) No Change
UCF (46) No Change
Temple (55) No Change
South Fl (67) No Change
Memphis (68) No Change
UCONN (79) No Change
Tulsa (81) No Change
SMU (107) No Change
Wichita St (116) No Change
ECU (270) No Change
Tulane (292) No Change

When Wichita State beat Tulane by double digits, Wichita ‘s NET rating went down....
Other people who beat them lost that’s why it went down
Was it at home? Road games give you a boost even if it’s against a bad team. We won’t jump 10-12 spots like beating Temple did for us, but win a road game or 2 and we will climb a little

Climb a little on Tulane/EC road games, drop a little on Tulane/EC home games & end up fairly close to even.

Temple/memphis games will decide if we move significantly.

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
Another very important goal is to somehow reach 6th place at season's end. This avoids meeting the 1 or 2 seed in the conference tournament quarterfinals. It would be important to reach the semi's to keep the possibility of an NIT bid in play.

Another very important goal is to somehow reach 6th place at season's end. This avoids meeting the 1 or 2 seed in the conference tournament quarterfinals. It would be important to reach the semi's to keep the possibility of an NIT bid in play.

Another team you don't want to meet is Memphis. They seem to beat us every year whether the tournament is in Memphis or not. Home teams with 12000 fans are difficult to play when we bring 100.

Another team you don't want to meet is Memphis. They seem to beat us every year whether the tournament is in Memphis or not. Home teams with 12000 fans are difficult to play when we bring 100.

True, and 6th place may be on the line when TU plays Memphis in the last game of the regular season.

Was it at home? Road games give you a boost even if it’s against a bad team. We won’t jump 10-12 spots like beating Temple did for us, but win a road game or 2 and we will climb a little
We went up on that temple win because of
1. The point difference
2. We almost went perfect in the GOI.

If out of all of those games only 2-3 were wins and the rest were losses then we wouldn’t have moved up that far.

Yes it was at home, but maybe it was partly due to other opponents losses, as loca2874 said. I just noticed they won & went down in the NET rankings last week.

Yes it was at home, but maybe it was partly due to other opponents losses, as loca2874 said.
Just looked at their games. Their GOI was 4-4 and they had a 10 point win over a 300 rank team. That is why they went down. We were almost perfect that week. Plus the team that jumped ahead of them could have had a great weekend. Too many things why they could have dropped 1 spot. If it was 5 or more the. There is some concern.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT