ADVERTISEMENT

Net Rankings

Gmoney4WW

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2007
When do the net rankings get updated? I thought they were updated daily, but they didn't update yesterday unless it was in the morning. They haven't even updated today as late as 7p central time.

When do the net rankings get updated? I thought they were updated daily, but they didn't update yesterday unless it was in the morning. They haven't even updated today as late as 7p central time.
They update tomorrow around 1 pm. That’s when I will throw the update

They updated to show through the 5th.

We moved up a walloping 2 spots to 78. Am guessing the Nevada loss kept us from moving up a spot or two. Nevada fell to 29

Reactions: loca2874

We moved up a walloping 2 spots to 78. Am guessing the Nevada loss kept us from moving up a spot or two. Nevada fell to 29
I agree with that assessment. I will still look around noon to 1 to see if it updates again.

I was rooting for Nevada the rest of the way, naturally. But I was still happy that UNM got a much-needed win at the same time. Go Lobos! Hope Nevada does well from here out.

I just checked and it now says though games of 1/6 and everybody is tied for 353rd place lol. I assume it will be re-calculated pretty soon.

NET Rankings Through January 6

Houston (4) No Change
UCF (31) Up 1
Cincinnati (34) Down 1
Temple (62) down 1
Memphis (73) Up 2
Tulsa (76) Up 2
South Fl (91) Up 5
UCONN (110) Up 3
SMU (121) No Change
Wichita St (133) Up 2
ECU (228) Up 2
Tulane (304) Up 3

RPI isn't all that relevant anymore, but the American is ahead of the Pac12 in RPI I think for the first time ever

RPI isn't all that relevant anymore, but the American is ahead of the Pac12 in RPI I think for the first time ever
The PAC12 is TURRIBLE. Seriously the only team that has a chance at an at-large from that conference if they don’t win the PAC12 tourney is Arizona State. Oregon is not good, Washington is down, UCLA and USC are AWFUL. Arizona is not even that good. Utah is probably the 2nd best team in that conference, 3rd at worst.

How did ECU only move up 2 spots after beating Cincinnati? Weird how this metric works

The PAC12 is TURRIBLE. Seriously the only team that has a chance at an at-large from that conference if they don’t win the PAC12 tourney is Arizona State. Oregon is not good, Washington is down, UCLA and USC are AWFUL. Arizona is not even that good. Utah is probably the 2nd best team in that conference, 3rd at worst.

How did ECU only move up 2 spots after beating Cincinnati? Weird how this metric works
ECU 259 or 260 before sat., 230 after sat., 228 after sun.

They moved up like 20 or 30 after beating Cincinnati, this is the second recalculation today. The first included Saturday’s games and this one includes Sunday’s.

They moved up like 20 or 30 after beating Cincinnati, this is the second recalculation today. The first included Saturday’s games and this one includes Sunday’s.
I even looked at loca's post on the 259 rating while typing it. Hunt and peck sloth typist? :wink:

Last edited:
Reactions: loca2874
I even looked at loca's post on the 259 rating while typing it. Hunt and peck sloth typist? :wink:
iPad user with nerve issues. That makes me a one hand hunt-n-pecker. Plus the wife was in one ear. I can come up with more excuses if necessary.

OSU is 7-8 record, lost to us still 10 slots higher in net rankings....I do not get these rankings. I get they had a better schedule but a losing record should not land you top 60 in nation.

OSU is 7-8 record, lost to us still 10 slots higher in net rankings....I do not get these rankings. I get they had a better schedule but a losing record should not land you top 60 in nation.

It's not just the NET, OSU is 5 spots higher than us in the RPI.

No GOI today but here is the updated rankings after that very poor showing yesterday

NET Rankings Through January 10

Houston (9) No Change
UCF (31) No Change
Cincinnati (37) Up 1
Temple (41) No Change
Memphis (75) Down 3
Tulsa (90) Down 14
UCONN (91) Up 15
South Fl (100) Down 2
Wichita St (129) Up 2
SMU (138) Down 10
ECU (229) Up 3
Tulane (302) Down 4

These rankings are a load of garbage. While we should have won, dropping 14 spots for that loss is ridiculous. Just clear and utter nonsense.

We still have three quadrant 2 wins.

If we end the year with a few more quadrant 1 and 2 wins and no more bad losses we will have a genuine shot at the tourney.

Was expecting something between 5 or 10, not 14. Thats a pretty big drop for an OT loss to a team ranked 38.

We still have three quadrant 2 wins.

If we end the year with a few more quadrant 1 and 2 wins and no more bad losses we will have a genuine shot at the tourney.

I don't see both K State and OSU staying as a Quad 2 win. Both of those teams are going to struggle in conference. In the end, we need to be ranked in the 40s to be in the conversation imo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT