ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis Game Thread

cmullinsTU

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pumped for this one. Gold* mentioned this elsewhere, but when (I'm really confident today) we win we likely hand Tubby the last loss of his coaching career.

Glad you got your nukin’ machine gun back. I’m going to have to miss the game live so one of y’all will need to be the voice of reason with the occasional complaint about turnovers and missed free throws. Tourney games are always exciting when there’s something at stake and this one has plenty of that. 20+ win season, potential NIT spot, potential shot at the dance all on the line today.

Scott going to have to play more minutes. Tap looks tentative so far.

Seeing Joiner with the ice bag on his knee, the way his knee was bent from the side by the Memphis player falling, screams torn ACL to me. This sucks

We cannot score.
It is so hard to win BB games when you shoot like utter crap.

Memphis has our number...

The offense other than Scott is on vacation.

But the defense is still pretty good. But no one wants to take a shot from outside...and everyone is afraid to drive the ball because the ref under the basket is whistle happy for offensive fouls.

It's too early to panic. Memphis isn't playing that well either.

But without a backup PG and Taplin being injured we are going to have a hard time scoring.

Also, doesn't help that Igbanu and Jeffries have 2 fouls each and will sit the rest of the half.

We're playing pretty terribly so far, but the silver lining is it's still a close game. Only down three. If we can put some sort of offensive rhythm together and keep our defensive intensity, hopefully we can pull away a little bit...

Haith needs to play Igbanu and Joiner and hope for the best

Game is quickly getting out of hand. Suspect the only way we win is to get the outside shot to fall. They are too long and arthritic for us to keep driving into the lane.

Haith PLEASE play Henderson and Taplin together. Put Scott or Wheeler to spell Taplin for small stretches. We need some shots to fall, Henderson is the only player (that doesn't also have 2 fouls) that will take shots.

Taplin is clearly off and Etou doesn't seem to care.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT