ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis at Tulsa game thread

nevadanatural

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
We’re scoring well inside early but need to fight harder on the boards.

Joiner looking good taking to the hole once again. Hopefully Taplin will follow

Other teams diving for loose balls while our guys stand is becoming a pattern

Jackson showing again that he will be serviceable the next two years

Someone needs to show these guys how to get on the floor! Two 50/50 plays go Memphis way because of effort!

Defense has been good. Memphis has shooting issues so far. And not much energy.

The first foul call on Igbanu was garbage. He wasn’t in the play. Better no call. Felt like they were trying to even it out for foul call on 14.

Wow, that was almost a turnover that Jeffries turned into free throws.

Not sure what Taplin was doing there. Jeffries could have blocked that alley oop but he wasn’t going to.

When we don’t get smoked on the glass we can play with almost anybody. Better toughness so far

These announcers do love them some Memphis.

Mike Miller: you guys need to whine on court like I did. That will work.

Penny: My knee hurts. Throw the ball to Shaq or Dennis Scott. You guys shoot free throws like Nick Anderson.

Lil Penny: My batteries are corroded.

It’s tough to rebound when you get the ball and the other team starts slapping your hands.

Slowest first half in Reynolds Center history?

Bad call. If anything that should have been a charge. The right call would be a Tulsa fast break.

Reactions: Gold*
Very weird game. Memphis got extra Gus’ and ribs after beating UCF. They look slow. Yet this game is taking so long and fouls are crazy enough that I don’t feel comfortable at all.

But yeah, Action Jackson is a thing. If only he could shoot.

Jackson makes us a different team. If he can just hit an outside shot, he can be a big contributor for us.

This is the TEAM I’ve been missing. They’re fun when they play like this and make the extra passes.

Also Jackson is a man possessed. What does it take to get him to play like this consistently?!

Reactions: Gold* and Gmoney4WW
Hope we keep pouring it on the kittens. Cincy and Memphis are the teams that I love to hate.

No real point guards in the game and Scott takes 4 straight shots. Makes one. 7-0 run by Memphis

Don't be upset Frank. You're the one who had Scott at point to end the half

We absolutely suck on possessions before halftime. We go from Tap throwing up misses to Scott looking stupid getting picked for a bucket

I like this version of Tulsa that looks to push the ball every possession. It's partially a function of playing Memphis, but we had 40+ possessions in the first half

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
I remember we lost a game to San Jose where they had a lead like this. They went hard after offensive rebounds and didn’t take a shot until at least three seconds were left on clock. That’s what we need to do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT