ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis at Tulsa game thread

We just need to keep pushing it when Memphis presses and feed Igbanu.

If you are going to have Jackson shoot, you need to have guys in position for rebound when it misses. He is the worst shooter I can remember. Love every other part of his game, but that beach ball ain’t going in the ocean.

Reactions: TulsaCane95
I like this version of Tulsa that looks to push the ball every possession. It's partially a function of playing Memphis, but we had 40+ possessions in the first half

I think this should be our objective every game. That is when we play our best, especially with Jackson & Joiner on the court.

Bet Memphis shoots all the threes this half. All of em.

Jackson hit a three during halftime shoot around and decided to go out on a strong note, quit shooting.

Last edited:
Reactions: I.I. and Gold*
Jackson hit a three during halftime and decided to go out on a strong note, quit shooting.

He is the perfect player for the reverse Haith offense. Four in, one out. Errbody go get that board.

Let’s see if we can keep our foot on their throat. Not go into one of our patented scoring droughts.

giphy.gif

Memphis defense really bad. Just run around and reach and hope refs love Penny so much that they swallow whistle

This is what I consider Tulsa basketball! Exciting, high flying, it's been too long!

Uh that wasn’t good. Jackson needs to go find another star or something to get the energy boost.

Except now Memphis is pressing and we look like a dysfunctional HS team trying to get the ball up the court. 21 pt lead down to 11 because of turnovers.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
9-0 run in a minutes and a half. We’re starting to play not to lose rather than to win. Get Jeffries back out there and don’t get into memphis’ street ball game

Really ugly undisciplined basketball by Memphis, but it's going to be crazy trying to keep up with their NBA guys running it the next few years.

Would be a good time to have an experienced Senior leader PG right now

Reactions: Gold*
Memphis defense really bad. Just run around and reach and hope refs love Penny so much that they swallow whistle
That’s exactly what happens though. If the called all of the times Memphis fouled Penny would have to play so they could put 5 on the court.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
We started the slow down with 10 minutes left instead of the normal 4. I hate that we play not to lose instead of playing TO WIN

We passed up three open shots and ended up with a shot clock violation.

We have three guards on the floor and pass it in to a forward that doesn’t dribble well.
Add to that the Memphis players should have all fouled out by now.

Official just called phantom timeout. Martens didn’t cal timeout. This sport is broken.

As is Memphis’ soul after that dunk.

We better be able to hit our foul shots because we’ll get a lot in these last 5 minutes.

19. We could have won this by 30.

Nicest move by Scott all year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT