ADVERTISEMENT

Kitty Game Thread

Hopefully this emotional loss inspires the team to work harder and take it to SMU at the Reynolds center on Saturday

That was not a flagrant 2 on Joiner and I would love to here how they justify calling it on him. Just awful officiating this year...

Reactions: TulsaFan2000
I am okay that the kids quit in this game, they deserved better than this.

The last time we lost by this many we went on a 6 game winning streak, maybe history will repeat itself.

Haith: he was mildly complaining that a foul on Igbanu should have been a shooting foul instead of ball out, nothing nearly like the gyrations Sampson does, and was Given a T. On the ball in bounds he said something else, second T and ejection

Joiner cam to defend Igbanu in a scuffle and was given a flagrant 2 and ejection without touching anyone.

Sampson was riding the refs very hard within the first minute of the game and never even got a warning.

Sampson was riding the refs very hard within the first minute of the game and never even got a warning.

Sampsons schtick hasnt changed since he was in the pac 12... recruit a couple of shooters ... recruit some goons..., bang and beat on the other team.. and work the refs like a 9 to 5 job..

How about us beating Wichita state another top team in the conference?

Blind squirrel and pecan...

Seriously.. losing to Cinn and Houston by 80 points is pathetic and makes our wins at home look more like lucky rolls than talent.. add in losing to UConn by 16 at home and ECU ...

Our talent deficiency is being exposed.

Reactions: TulsaAM
Blind squirrel and pecan...

Seriously.. losing to Cinn and Houston by 80 points is pathetic and makes our wins at home look more like lucky rolls than talent.. add in losing to UConn by 16 at home and ECU ...

Our talent deficiency is being exposed.

We’ve won against 3 teams that were top 25 at the time. We just have guys that can’t consistently shoot. Maybe that’s the talent issue...

Reactions: quincy101
We lost to UCF not ECU. UCF just beat Cincinnati.

Either way.. after beating the kitties and the shockers, losses to uconn and the mouse are not indicative of consistently good talent.. but rather streaky players that arent quite ready for prime time.. and losing by almost 80 combined points to the barekitties and the refinery rats is not indicative of a talent equality..

I suppose you would make the logical leap that NCSt is on par with Duke...

We have a scrappy team.. but thats about where it ends

Either way.. after beating the kitties and the shockers, losses to uconn and the mouse are not indicative of consistently good talent.. but rather streaky players that arent quite ready for prime time.. and losing by almost 80 combined points to the barekitties and the refinery rats is not indicative of a talent equality..

No I would not. I would say that parity in college basketball is running rampant this year. Houston beat Wichita in Houston by the same score as they beat TU. We beat Memphis by 40. I agree we are a streaky and scrappy team. Houston is a different team at home and especially when they are allowed to get away with assault on the floor. I just think Tulsa is in a conference where any team can get hot and beat any other team in the conference on any given night. As far as talent I would say Tulsa is getting better but we are not there yet. Too bad our AD couldn't get KES and Haywood eligible to play this season. Those two would have made a difference I think in some of our head scratching loses.

I mean the Uconn loss occurred due to them shooting absolutely lights out and Brandon Rachel going down. I mean we haven't been a deep team all year, so it makes sense that when we lost our best player we lose games...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT