ADVERTISEMENT

Kickoff times set for last 2 games

Friday after Thanksgiving 7:30 PM, perfect chance for out of town relatives to bundle up & join you at the final game of the year. Just let your relatives know what to pack before they get to town!

That's probably the best possible time for that last game. Gives people who decide shopping at 2AM is a good idea to go home and take a nap and then go to the game later. Can anyone imagine the outrage for TU fans when they finish at 9-3 and point straight to the refs as a reason why we didn't at least have a shot at 11-1 regular season with the only loss to Ohio State.

Great, that one will be over at midnight! Heck why not have it start at 8:30.

For our fans to show up, it the game has to start at 3:09pm with a temp of exactly 75°, 6-8 clouds in the sky, a cool breeze (but not too cool for heavens sake), and be they would need to be able to park their cars between the concession stands and the stadium.... oh and one last thing, we need our gate attendants to hand out new (not too crisp though) $100 bills to everyone in appreciation for their 50 ft walk to their seats.

Tulsa "fans" and the city of Tulsa have let TU teams down more times than I care to count.

I assume this game is played at 7:30 for television. There is no reason other than that I can think of. It is an awful time to schedule a football game in late November on a Holiday. That being said, let's get real about this. No one should complain about in-person attendance if the whole idea is get TV-attendance. Watching any college game at the stadium is particularly frustrating because of all the delays and TV timeouts making a game last 3-1/2 hours. So, if the whole design of the game in terms of starting time and stopping for the television audience hurts attendance, don't be surprised. I have been attending in person for 20 years and it is starting to wear on me. I was once at the stadium at 2:30 a.m. watching the guy with the red hat make us all sit in the rain for a TV timeout when it dawned on me who is more valued as a spectator.

For our fans to show up, it the game has to start at 3:09pm with a temp of exactly 75°, 6-8 clouds in the sky, a cool breeze (but not too cool for heavens sake), and be they would need to be able to park their cars between the concession stands and the stadium.... oh and one last thing, we need our gate attendants to hand out new (not too crisp though) $100 bills to everyone in appreciation for their 50 ft walk to their seats.

Tulsa "fans" and the city of Tulsa have let TU teams down more times than I care to count.

The breeze has to come from the south east, TU fans don't want any breeze that comes from OKC, Stillwater, Wichita, or KC.

Night games are the best time. Best atmosphere. Sure, it'd be better if the stadium was full but for goodness sakes...its 3 hours. If it interferes with your bedtime, suck it up. If it's too cold...put a jacket and bring a blanket. Stop trying to make excuses not to go. 11 am too early. 2 pm is too hot or just bad exposure and 7 is too late. Seems we are out options on when to play

I'll take Em! I only have 212 tix in my party now. It won't be the same without you.

How about swing by the party tent ahead of the partay?

They're yours. Our party starts at 6 so sneakin out for a few beforehand is probably not a good idea, but i'll make sure you get em!

Reactions: RealTUTypical
We will be in NOLA actually! I don't think we will probably ever come home for Thanksgiving from Houston...it's enough to make the rounds all over the state a month later for Christmas.

Let's just say we'd never hear the end of spending limited holiday time in Tulsa and not where the families are. :(

Reactions: RealTUTypical
We will be in NOLA actually! I don't think we will probably ever come home for Thanksgiving from Houston...it's enough to make the rounds all over the state a month later for Christmas.

Let's just say we'd never hear the end of spending limited holiday time in Tulsa and not where the families are. :(

Ponca isn't THAT far haha

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT