ADVERTISEMENT

Kicker

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Well, hopefully we'll be more consistent. Hines is reporting that a former Jenks kicker is joing TU as a grad transfer from Drake where he was 9-9 on FGs and 34-37 on PATs. This is good news.

I was really hoping someone could literally straigthen JP Romo out. That kid has a giant leg. I would still like to see him trot out for a 55-60 yarder just before half-time and see what happens.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
Well, hopefully we'll be more consistent. Hines is reporting that a former Jenks kicker is joing TU as a grad transfer from Drake where he was 9-9 on FGs and 34-37 on PATs. This is good news.

I was really hoping someone could literally straigthen JP Romo out. That kid has a giant leg. I would still like to see him trot out for a 55-60 yarder just before half-time and see what happens.
I mentioned Donley back in December and again in February in Hurricane Alley, as I was told he was walking on. Romo is no longer on the team.

We'll have a quote from Donley in our Special Teams position analysis that's coming soon.

I mentioned Donley back in December and again in February in Hurricane Alley, as I was told he was walking on. Romo is no longer on the team.

We'll have a quote from Donley in our Special Teams position analysis that's coming soon.
Wow...completely missed that. Sorry.

Too bad about JP Romo.

Walking on at Virginia Tech. Made the move over July 4 weekend. He said nice things about TU and his teammates on social media the last couple of weeks. I wish him well.

The Jenks kid is likely an upgrade, Romo had some leg strength but was shaky on field goals.

Romo had a huge following of family and friends. That’s probably 20-25 fewer tickets sold just for that bunch.

Romo had a huge following of family and friends. That’s probably 20-25 fewer tickets sold just for that bunch.
Romo is a local kid right? He's going to absolutely hate Blacksburg. Freaking middle of nowhere Appalachia. He's going to hear Dueling Banjos in his nightmares.

Romo is a local kid right? He's going to absolutely hate Blacksburg. Freaking middle of nowhere Appalachia. He's going to hear Dueling Banjos in his nightmares.
He’s from Georgia where he played keeper on one of the best youth soccer teams ever assembled.

He’s from Georgia where he played keeper on one of the best youth soccer teams ever assembled.
OK. Blacksburg makes a little more sense, although it is still Deliverance country...but if he's from GA, he's probably familiar with that :joy:

Reactions: HuffyCane
OK. Blacksburg makes a little more sense, although it is still Deliverance country...but if he's from GA, he's probably familiar with that :joy:
I thought that was SE Oklahoma and most of Arkansas. Lots of toothless folks screaming “He got a real pretty mouth ain't he?”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT