ADVERTISEMENT

Judge Gorsuch will be confirmed

TUMe

I.T.S. Legend
Dec 3, 2003
When CNN says he will have no trouble, it's hard to believe he won't be. He was approved 100-0 for the Circuit Court. He can get 60 now.

There will be, of course, a appearance be for the Judicial Committee. The only reason not to is all too obvious: Revenge.

CNN is supporting this pick. Can't believe what I'm watching. MSNBC is demanding an all out war against his confirmation.

Oh, I'm sure that there will be someone that comes out of the woodwork claiming he has proof that gorsuch snorted cocaine off of ET's a$$ with Bigfoot while they watched Jimmy Hoffa cut up Jon Benet Ramsay with a Hasbro light saber and feed the parts to Mike Vicks dogs.

Oh, I'm sure that there will be someone that comes out of the woodwork claiming he has proof that gorsuch snorted cocaine off of ET's a$$ with Bigfoot while they watched Jimmy Hoffa cut up Jon Benet Ramsay with a Hasbro light saber and feed the parts to Mike Vicks dogs.

Yes, but if the don't confirm him Trump will probably nominate Newt Gingrich next. :)

Yes, but if the don't confirm him Trump will probably nominate Newt Gingrich next. :)
Everything I've read puts him slightly right of Garland but not nearly as crazy as Scalia.

Interestingly enough, Gorsuch did an interview in 2002 where he thought the nomination process involved too much political wrangling and held up what he considered more than qualified jurists for federal posts and named Roberts and Garland specifically. Roberts of course became Chief Justice and Garland was rail-roaded by petty fools.

Reactions: WATU2
Scalia was a legal genius...

Hell, lawyers who bent far left could not reject his analysis.

AND THIS PICK IS 90% WHY I VOTED FOR TRUMP. The Sup Ct rules this country --- not the Exec Branch (and most certainly not the lawmakers). With Kennedy retiring and Ginsburg on death's door, you could see a 6-3 conservative court for another 20 years, and 5-4 for 40.

I really hope that service is returned in 2020. Then maybe both pubs and dems won't pull that stunt again.

I actually thought the Republicans made a mistake and Hillary would pick someone more liberal when she was elected.

Trump shouldn't be allowed to nominate a Supreme Court justice in the last year of his presidency.

I doubt he will put a pillow over a justice's face just to try to get one more seat... but hey.. the precedent has been set. :)

My principled Republican buddies give Gorsuch high marks for both conservative views and character.

Still think Republicans refusal to consider Garland is a black mark on their integrity.

I think he is the best the Democrats could have hope for from this Administration.
A super conservative in the mold of Scalia is the best the Democrats could hope for from a president who used to be a Democrat?

For the past 8 years, our government has leaned so far left, that even seem radical.
For the past four years our government was partially controlled by an obstructionist conservative legislature? How is that far left?

A super conservative in the mold of Scalia is the best the Democrats could hope for from a president who used to be a Democrat?
He is by no means a super conservative unless one is super liberal. He does believe that the Constitution means what it says. Earlier someone said he that Garland was not much to his left. Was that you? It was one of our liberal posters but I'm not going to reread every post to be sure which one.

Now think about this for a minute. Trump could have found someone much more radical. Someone that Bannon would like perhaps. Did you read the CBS article I posted? Take him now without the nuclear option because their might be worse coming. Finally, get over the fact that you lost the election. We got this jerk over the other liar. The R's control the House, Senate, White House, most of the governors and state legislatures, and will control the Supreme Court. Trying to force feed America Hillary was a monumental mistake.

He is by no means a super conservative unless one is super liberal. He does believe that the Constitution means what it says. Earlier someone said he that Garland was not much to his left. Was that you? It was one of our liberal posters but I'm not going to reread every post to be sure which one.

Now think about this for a minute. Trump could have found someone much more radical. Someone that Bannon would like perhaps. Did you read the CBS article I posted? Take him now without the nuclear option because their might be worse coming. Finally, get over the fact that you lost the election. We got this jerk over the other liar. The R's control the House, Senate, White House, most of the governors and state legislatures, and will control the Supreme Court. Trying to force feed America Hillary was a monumental mistake.
I don't care about Hillary. I hated her when she ran against Obama, and she was a lesser of two evils when Trump was running.

I am convinced that Trump doesn't really care who is in any position and he's just repaying political backers and setting up for another run in 2020 by building his conservative base. I don't think he really cares one way or another if immigrants come in or if a conservative is on the bench. He's a glory hound. He just wants the prestige and the money that the office is going to help make him and his friends / family. He says what his backers want him to and Gorsuch is just an extension of that.

Gorsuch's views on the political rights of public companies and campaign finance reform are ridiculous. That's what makes me angry.

I am convinced that (Obama) doesn't really care who is in any position and he's just repaying political backers and setting up for another run in (2012) by building his (liberal) base. I don't think he really cares one way or another if (illegal) immigrants come in or if a (non radical) is on the bench. He's a glory hound. He just wants the prestige and the money that the office is going to help make him and his friends / family. He says what his backers want him to and (sotomayor) is just an extension of that.

The names are interchangeable...

Obama isn't a former Republican. He's been pretty consistent in his views since his college days.
No but Hillary is. She was a Goldwater Girl. Too young to vote for him though, we had to be 21 in those days.

I'm saying that our former president wasn't a complete windsock to whatever the people he thinks will get him more power told him to do like our current one is.

Interesting ... changing viewpoints makes you a windsock... so.. being for something before you were against it is bad then?

Having no true values makes you a windsock.

Sounds like our last president... everything to every one and every group (on the left)... keep your doctor, against gay marriage, no lobbyist in his administration... hmmm about the only thing he didn't waffle on was the leftist core of values instilled by his leftist radical family..

Sounds like our last president... everything to every one and every group (on the left)... keep your doctor, against gay marriage, no lobbyist in his administration... hmmm about the only thing he didn't waffle on was the leftist core of values instilled by his leftist radical family..

Leftist radical family? Michelle? or his teenage daughters?

Immigration reform, DACA, gun control, cap and trade, closing Guantanamo, a second stimulus, large tax increases, and lots more

Did they do anything to fix any of the problems of the US? Nothing on that list is constructive. It's just stagnancy.

Did they do anything to fix any of the problems of the US? Nothing on that list is constructive. It's just stagnancy.

There is barely a single conservative solution that Dems or Obama would vote for and vice versa. Nothing wrong with it. People want different things. It's just how it is. When government is split not much will happen. I like that. But I was talking about tufan's Hannity talking point that Rs somehow gave Obama what he wanted.

There is barely a single conservative solution that Dems or Obama would vote for and vice versa. Nothing wrong with it. People want different things. It's just how it is. When government is split not much will happen. I like that. But I was talking about tufan's Hannity talking point that Rs somehow gave Obama what he wanted.
It's that refusal for compromise that I think is the worst thing about the American governmental system today.

Reactions: TU_BLA and WATU2
It's that refusal for compromise that I think is the worst thing about the American governmental system today.

Well the goals right now for both parties are not tradeoffs. They're movements in a specific direction. When one party stakes out a position at an extreme and asks the other party to compromise by meeting them halfway, who's going to go for that? Nobody. It's incentivized by voters who are just going to primary a candidate if they give away something for something. People want to "win" not make tradeoffs. Either way, stagnant is usually better than one party dominating

Well the goals right now for both parties are not tradeoffs. They're movements in a specific direction. When one party stakes out a position at an extreme and asks the other party to compromise by meeting them halfway, who's going to go for that? Nobody. It's incentivized by voters who are just going to primary a candidate if they give away something for something. People want to "win" not make tradeoffs. Either way, stagnant is usually better than one party dominating
Stagnant only helps the people in power stay in power by letting them sell you the line that they defended you when in reality they did very little to help the country.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT