ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia Trials

Gmoney4WW

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2007
Why do I think Trump will attempt to find out what evidence they used in the Chesebro and Powell trials being carried out under the speedy trial statute? Regardless of what the judge instructs the three defendants not to share, I have a sneaking suspicion that won't stop Trump from finding out what ever he can from them. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he had discussions with them, asking if they would be willing to make a request for a speedy trial for this very purpose.

He and the rest of the defendants, Mark Meadows especially, are already attempting to get a preview of evidence revealed in their attempts to have it go from state to federal. That's a secondary reason for them trying to get the jurisdiction changed to federal. Trump wants to know as much of what is coming at him as is possible before the trial, regardless if he has the right to know or not. Trump will throw anybody under the bus as long as it saves his skin.

Not a criminal guy but aren’t criminal defendants entitled to see all the evidence which will be presented against them prior to trial?

Reactions: noble cane
Not a criminal guy but aren’t criminal defendants entitled to see all the evidence which will be presented against them prior to trial?
There is a difference between discovery, and seeing how that evidence is going to be used. And they don't get to see the witnesses testimony, just their names.

There is a difference between discovery, and seeing how that evidence is going to be used. And they don't get to see the witnesses testimony, just their names.
Ahh. Was t sure what exactly you were referring. Again….not a criminal guy but I believe the defense is able to get information on what a witness will be testifying to and not just their names. Maybe someone can assist here. I expect a highly charged procedure from the lawyers point of view seeing the DA and Judge are both Democrats.

Reactions: noble cane
Ahh. Was t sure what exactly you were referring. Again….not a criminal guy but I believe the defense is able to get information on what a witness will be testifying to and not just their names. Maybe someone can assist here. I expect a highly charged procedure from the lawyers point of view seeing the DA and Judge are both Democrats.
In order to handle that area I believe they can request a deposition of a witness revealed in discovery.(before the trial)

Last edited:
Reactions: lawpoke87
As a non lawyer this Georgia case seems like the strongest of the bunch both legally and morally.

Strong arming a guy to "find" exactly the number of votes you need to win? Recorded? I am ready to vote guilty right there on election interference. To heck with conspiracy. It is just icing on the cake.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT