ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Clarkson finished 7th in

He had a great year. Looking forward to seeing him develop despite the fact he bolted on us.

Marcus Smart got to play in the playoffs with a great coach and played within himself, something he didn't have to do at OkState. Clarkson got to be Clarkson, selfish, all about me. Lakers are used to it...they've had Kobe for years.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
12 PPG on 45% shooting and took 10 FG per game. He played 25 minutes per game and was very impactful on a horrible team. He is very deserving of this recognition and the NBA is all about being selfish. This is not a knock on the kid; it just means he can do it! Quit hating because he jolted TU for Mizzou.

Reactions: Bill Lowery
Kid's a punk. Flat out. True character is shown when things get tough, J Clarkson showed his.

There are plenty of reasons to not like how Clarkson treated us (don't forget the shenanigans his dad and Nils Dickau pulled), but there is also room to respect what he's done for himself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill Lowery
As TU BLA mentioned, Smart was in the playoffs. Played meaningful minutes. Clarkson's whole year was garbage time for a garbage team. He had a nice year. But being on a playoff team is more impressive.

If you compare Pressey's rookie year with the Bucks, Clarkson's offensive stats are better. But Pressey started for a team that went to conference finals and swept Larry Bird's Celtics. Pressey was head and shoulders better at every level.

Clarkson did what he thought was best to help him achieve his goals of playing in the NBA. He was a strong player in the SEC and this certainly made him more marketable to the NBA. Like it or not, he did the right thing for himself and it paid off. I hated he left but in all situations, you would be lying if you said you wouldn't leave your current job for a better opportunity to reach your career goals. This is all he did.

I have nothing against Clarkson, but I also, have no particular interest in his career. I would not leave my current job for another one, but then I am retired. He left and it was good for his career. He is a Missouri alumnus.

Clarkson did what he thought was best to help him achieve his goals of playing in the NBA. He was a strong player in the SEC and this certainly made him more marketable to the NBA. Like it or not, he did the right thing for himself and it paid off. I hated he left but in all situations, you would be lying if you said you wouldn't leave your current job for a better opportunity to reach your career goals. This is all he did.

Yes, that's why Damian Lillard and Kenneth Faried bailed on Weber State and Morehead State. The elite talent reaches the league period..... There are examples all over the place that makes your point ridiculous.

Here are the top mid-major players, also reasons why you should do us all a favor and stop coaching:

Ramone Sessions
Steve Nash
Jeremy Lin
Steph Curry
Rodney Stuckey
Courtney Lee
Danny Granger
Norris Cole
Jameer Nelson
Delonte West
Georgie Hill
Kyle Korver
Larry Sanders
Kevin Martin
Shawn Marion
David West
Paul George
Gordon Hayward
Kawhi Leonard

Point made? Please quit coaching.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Shelvin Mack
Ken Bazemore
Paul Milsap
Dellavedova
Byron Russell
Karl Malone
Ron Harper
Larry Bird
Scottie Pip
Hassan Whiteside
Jerome Jordan
Jimmer Fredette
Keith Van Horn
Michael Doleac
Wally Scissorback
Andre Miller
Shea Seals
Eddie Jones
Andrew Bogut
Danny Ainge
Bill Russell
Bonzie Wells
Tim Hardaway
Marcus Camby
Larry Johnson
Dennis Johnson
Hersey Hawkins (BRADLEY)
Xavier McDaniel
Antonie Carr
Paul Pressey
Steve Harris
Casey Jones
Kurt Thomas

Has the point been made? Continue?

Chris Kaman is from Central Michigan. And Patrick O'Bryant was a terrible LOTTERY pick from Bradley. Owned.

Youngblood, the "league" will find you if you have talent; there is no question about that. It's just easier to get in to the first round and receive the guaranteed money if you have proven it at a higher level of competition. The names you mentioned above make up less the 1/10th of a percent of those drafted so unless you can come up with another argument, you are wasting your time. My guess is you are still delivering the papers instead of writing them. I appreciate your commitment and loyalty to doing your job; just try to do a better job of keeping my paper out of the bushes.

As far as me quitting coaching, I am way ahead of you; I retired last August.

Last edited:
Youngblood, the "league" will find you if you have talent; there is no question about that. It's just easier to get in to the first round and receive the guaranteed money if you have proven it at a higher level of competition. The names you mentioned above make up less the 1/10th of a percent of those drafted so unless you can come up with another argument, you are wasting your time. My guess is you are still delivering the papers instead of writing them. I appreciate your commitment and loyalty to doing your job; just try to do a better job of keeping my paper out of the bushes.

As far as me quitting coaching, I am way ahead of you; I retired last August.

There is just no evidence to support that claim. In fact, evidence of the contrary is readily available. Too many to even name.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT