ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa softball

Bruce on the game yesterday said he was a running back sounds like he was a receiver.

Great start to conference play.
We are sitting second right now. We always seem to be pretty friggin competitive at softball. It seems at odds with the one guy on the board, which makes it seem like Strimple, which makes it seem like she is John Phillip's softball coach.

We are sitting second right now. We always seem to be pretty friggin competitive at softball. It seems at odds with the one guy on the board, which makes it seem like Strimple, which makes it seem like she is John Phillip's softball coach.
if you are talking about Softballdad I think he is gone. His kid graduated.

Bruce said he come to every softball game his daughter is one of our best players batting over .400

if you are talking about Softballdad I think he is gone. His kid graduated.
I've been critical of Strimple and not afraid to admit it. Under Bargfeldt TU was a perennial top 25 team and always a challenging out in the NCAA tournament despite always getting sent to Norman or Fayetteville for regionals. We haven't been close to that under Strimple and her recruiting, especially when it comes to pitching, has been subpar. Now, I will admit she seems to have a couple of starters that could be labeled 1 & 1A this season. Bats have been good under Strimple, defense so so.

We'll see how things go the rest of this season and if she has TU back competing for an NCAA bid and AAC championships, I'll back off the criticism.

I, too, have been a little critical of her pitching. I have stated and still will state she needs a good pitching coach. She knows how to teach hitting but she is horrible at calling pitches and which pitch to call in certain situations. Last year our back up catcher ended up taking over a few games and our pitching did amazingly better during those games. Strimple is a great batters coach and actually makes good line-up decisions. Her only achilles heel is her ability to understand the pitching game. That is ok if you have an assistant who does understand it.

They do have a new pitching coach not sure of the name but it may help

Skaggs killing it. 2-2 with 2 doubles and the only rbi so far. TU up 1-0 on #6 OSU in the 4th.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Softball dad made for great message board entertainment. Miss him.
I didn’t really pay attention to the guy. I just figured he was someone new with a lot of piss and vinegar. Which is fine.

Then in I think it was his second season, he started denying his daughter was on the team saying his only daughter was 8 years old or what ever. After he told us his daughter was on the team and gave something away so it was simple to figure out her name.

Good crowd for the game.

TU has two runners at second and third In the bottom of the 6th.

Reactions: HuffyCane
This is the first action Ive actually been able to watch this year. I love the approach our hitters take at the plate. Almost everything I saw was hit hard.

Moore can sling it from the circle. Unfortunately softball umpires are not the same as MLB umpires and their treatment of star pitchers. Moore had quite a few pitches that if she was Greg Maddux she would've gotten a strike call on. She is extremely accurate with spotting her pitches. What I couldn't tell is if she has a full compliment of pitches (fastball, curve, rise ball, and change/drop). This team will be a problem for lots of teams this year if we stay healthy and the pitching stays effective

This is the first action Ive actually been able to watch this year. I love the approach our hitters take at the plate. Almost everything I saw was hit hard.

Moore can sling it from the circle. Unfortunately softball umpires are not the same as MLB umpires and their treatment of star pitchers. Moore had quite a few pitches that if she was Greg Maddux she would've gotten a strike call on. She is extremely accurate with spotting her pitches. What I couldn't tell is if she has a full compliment of pitches (fastball, curve, rise ball, and change/drop). This team will be a problem for lots of teams this year if we stay healthy and the pitching stays effective
She has decent movement and a surprisingly good change up that she doesn't use often. Her fastball is on the slower side but it does have movement.. her main thing is she can put it exactly where she wants it.

AAC not looking bad for the top teams. Want us higher still but in a decent spot to get teams looked at.

Wichita St is 27
Charlotte is 28
Tulsa is 37
FAU is 41
USF is 42
ECU is barely in top 100 at 99

The top 5 teams can make a push

Game against Central Arkansas was canceled lightning in the area did it

We have lost 2 games both 1-0 to UNT. Fri we lose in extra innings. Today Anderson had a no hitter going into the 7 th and gave up a homer for a 1 hitter loss! Pitching has been good but the bats are silent.

The only hit home run in the bottom on the 7th was devastating, Tulsa's bats went silent in Denton.

RPI settled in at 53 after the weekend series. Have some work to do for an at-large invite. Still a lot games to be played

RPI settled in at 53 after the weekend series. Have some work to do for an at-large invite. Still a lot games to be played
Lots of games to be played. The UNT pitcher on Friday night was really slinging it. She wasn't big but she looked like she generated a ton of leg drive and velocity on her pitches. Not only that, her pitches had some subtle late movement. I don't know if she pitched all 3 games for UNT but she is definitely their ace (as described by the guy calling the game on ESPN+ on Friday). I know Moore pitched Friday and I only think I saw one UNT batter really square a ball up before the HR. It seems that TU has 2 legit starters which will help them and the defense is better this year.

I think TU will be OK. They've got some work to do and the AAC is usually good enough that they can get 2-3 bids to the tournament.

We won today 3 to 1. Anderson the winning pitcher and Edwards hit 2 run homer.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
Rubber game against Wichita today at noon. Lost 11-3 yesterday in 5.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT