ADVERTISEMENT

Is this a “Littrell” move for Bloesch, or an advancement?

I'm honestly kind of happy with this. The O-Line hadn't been up to snuff the last couple seasons, be that due to inexperience or coaching. We need to improve there. I wonder who Monty goes after.

Those young guys on the line will grow up a bit next year and it will probably make Bloesch look bad when they're much improved, but I don't think he's a bad OL coach.

Especially Tyler Smith. He is the real deal at Left tackle. They hope the new junior college guy can be a big improvement at right tackle, that’s where they need the most help.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Time to move on. Not every good coach is a good fit at Tulsa.

And of course this happens less than a week after Derek Warehime took the OL job at New Mexico.

Curious to see what Monty does? The OL has been a mess. Critical hire.
So any candidates we can think of? Jerry comes to mind but does he want to coach? As I stated earlier, Derek Warehime would have been a HR hire but he just joined the staff at UNM. One who I've always thought would make a great college OL coach is David Alexander (current BAHS, former TU player and Philadelphia Eagle). Anyone who has seen BA play the last 4 seasons under David knows the OL has been stellar there.

Trying to think of other potential OL candidates out there.

So any candidates we can think of? Jerry comes to mind but does he want to coach? As I stated earlier, Derek Warehime would have been a HR hire but he just joined the staff at UNM. One who I've always thought would make a great college OL coach is David Alexander (current BAHS, former TU player and Philadelphia Eagle). Anyone who has seen BA play the last 4 seasons under David knows the OL has been stellar there.

Trying to think of other potential OL candidates out there.
Would Jerry do it on a short-term basis? Hard to imagine Monty getting anyone other than a high risk up and comer or the guys like Bill hired from No. Colorado given Monty's situation. Main problem with that idea is we on here now have Jerry penciled in for OL coach, athletic director and head of GHC, the man better stock up on Red Bull...

I would be surprised if Jerry wants to devote the time required to be a D1 assistant but suppose one never knows

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
He was with Herman at both Houston and Texas. Herb and Derek coached OL and TEs at UT last season

Bloesch is a good coach and apparently very respected by the players. His leaving is a loss to the program. I am concerned that because Montgomery is on the hot seat with a short amount of time left on his contract it might be difficult to find a good O-line coach to come aboard.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT