ADVERTISEMENT

KTUL

TU1NNJ

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2004
Tulsans are very fickle. Their lack of support for things Tulsa related but bandwagon joining non-Tulsa things baffles me. If they support this move by Channel 8 then the residents will get what they deserve - a second rate city. Wake up Tulsans support local it is in your best interest.

Sinclair is abandoning the Tulsa market to KOTV. At some point ABC will drop them as an affiliate.

Reactions: TU_BLA
ABC will want an affiliate.
So StL has a local ABC affiliate that doesn't do a local news program, only the ABC national news broadcast. I believe it's a similar deal to here where the local CBS affiliate has the majority of viewers for local news, in StL it's KMOX. But the local NBC and Fox affiliates do local news broadcasts as well. Personally, I've always been partial to KJRH locally because their morning news program was more appealing. I rarely watch the evening or late night news anymore....news in general is just always shock and awe stories and tends to be depressing and sensationalized. Really, weather is the only thing I care to watch anymore and it's more useful at certain times of the year than anything else (we all know as Okies the weather broadcasts and updates in Spring are actually pretty vital).

And Sinclair sucks. As slanted as Breitbart at times. When the other 3 local stations ran news stories about COVID rates locally, Sinclair just ignored them. If Biden said something, the other 3 stations covered it and KTUL ran some Trump story. And it almost looked painful for the anchors on KTUL reporting on national stories with conservative slants and corporate Sinclair written headlines and scripts rather than reporting the local news story with no slant or bias. My guess is Tulsans called them out and rather than keeping reporting local, they decided to try the Trumper slant from the OKC media.

Reactions: TU 1978
Trump won Tulsa county by more than 15 points in 2020. Trump won Oklahoma county by 1 point. Can’t imagine a pro Trump position would hurt their ratings in Tulsa. Compare it to Fox23 left wing slant. Something which makes no sense to me given the Tulsa market.

• Haha
Trump won Tulsa county by more than 15 points in 2020. Trump won Oklahoma county by 1 point. Can’t imagine a pro Trump position would hurt their ratings in Tulsa. Compare it to Fox23 left wing slant. Something which makes no sense to me given the Tulsa market.
I don't watch enough of Fox 23 to know if they slant things or not. KJRH tends to stick to more local news stories and it's hard to slant those when you're talking about the Problem Solvers.

I don't watch enough of Fox 23 to know if they slant things or not. KJRH tends to stick to more local news stories and it's hard to slant those when you're talking about the Problem Solvers.
I don’t watch Fox 23 either but their Facebook posts are quite slanted. No clue about their newscasts but I assume they would follow their FB stories.

My occasional local news is usually Kjrh. They seem to cover TU a bit better.
That's easy enough. KOTV is Cowboy Sports Network.

KTUL's Sunday night sports program used to be nice to TU but most of the guys hosting it were TU guys...who all got fired from the station. KJRH under Big Al was definitely Sooner Central. Cayden does a better job of covering everyone. KOKI has been trash with sports since they moved Terrell to being an anchor.

Did this move ever happen? I just flipped over to 8 for the first time in forever and it still looks like a local broadcast. Target date for the move was 12/11.

Did this move ever happen? I just flipped over to 8 for the first time in forever and it still looks like a local broadcast. Target date for the move was 12/11.
Saw your post so I turned on 8 and they are interviewing Konkol. Weird

Yes, the lead sports story was Tulsa basketball tonight.
It's still Tulsa-based it seems...for now. It comes on right after Jeopardy (and I think they ditched the 4:00-4:30 news broadcast for a Jeopardy rerun) and it's still the local people although they've pared down to only 1 anchor doing the news. Weather still local. Unfortunately the news content still has a decidedly Sinclair/Breitbart lean

It's still Tulsa-based it seems...for now. It comes on right after Jeopardy (and I think they ditched the 4:00-4:30 news broadcast for a Jeopardy rerun) and it's still the local people although they've pared down to only 1 anchor doing the news. Weather still local. Unfortunately the news content still has a decidedly Sinclair/Breitbart lean
Perhaps.

Or maybe it is being done in OKC now.

This is KTUL’s future - and probably Sinclair’s.

This is KTUL’s future - and probably Sinclair’s.

Woodward & Bernstein renditions working at AI?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT