ADVERTISEMENT

Technical oddity happened to me posting on here.

Gmoney4WW

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2007
@Chris Harmon

I left something unposted. I was either going to come back to it later to edit and post, or just erase it. I don't know if this is a new feature to chrome, a new feature to the rivals site, or some oddity that will never happen again. On my pc, in the bar that you can move to any side of the screen you want it, where it throws up icons for apps you have open, it threw up a smaller icon for chrome. It was separate from the one already there, and it said Reply next to it. I clicked on it and it opened up a new tab with my unfinished post, next to all my other open tabs.

That's a nice feature that keeps unfinished posts in a separate and referenceable place on your screen. Just wondering if anybody else had experienced this, and/or knew where this possible new feature came from. I posted a link below that shows a screen shot of it.

https://ibb.co/zmk3LVw

There’s a lot of technical oddities that occur when attempting to post on this site. My favorite is when I’ve entered a reply and attempt to post it and Rivals gives me the finger and says I need to refresh the page. Refreshing the page wipes out all my comments typed in previously.

I wish Rivals would update to technology from this century but it is a message board after all, an archaic means of communication.

That’s probably a chrome thing. I use Safari and it doesn’t do anything like that.

That’s probably a chrome thing. I use Safari and it doesn’t do anything like that.
This just happened to me this afternoon for the first time. I assume you have a mac computer. I'm not talking about the phone, that is a totally different animal.

I use an iPad 99% of the time. I come from a scientific background so I wouldn’t touch a Mac with a 10 foot pole. If I do anything except surfing the net or playing app based games (which isn’t often now that I’m retired) I have an HP windows based desktop. If I’m browsing there I’ll use chrome or edge.

I use an iPad 99% of the time. I come from a scientific background so I wouldn’t touch a Mac with a 10 foot pole. If I do anything except surfing the net or playing app based games (which isn’t often now that I’m retired) I have an HP windows based desktop. If I’m browsing there I’ll use chrome or edge.
Yeah, in most cases an ipad functions like an iphone on the net. So it's likely that wouldn't answer the question.

@Chris Harmon

I left something unposted. I was either going to come back to it later to edit and post, or just erase it. I don't know if this is a new feature to chrome, a new feature to the rivals site, or some oddity that will never happen again. On my pc, in the bar that you can move to any side of the screen you want it, where it throws up icons for apps you have open, it threw up a smaller icon for chrome. It was separate from the one already there, and it said Reply next to it. I clicked on it and it opened up a new tab with my unfinished post, next to all my other open tabs.

That's a nice feature that keeps unfinished posts in a separate and referenceable place on your screen. Just wondering if anybody else had experienced this, and/or knew where this possible new feature came from. I posted a link below that shows a screen shot of it.

https://ibb.co/zmk3LVw
Interesting. I'm Windows based and use Chrome, but I've never seen that.

Interesting. I'm Windows based and use Chrome, but I've never seen that.
It's been screwing up in the same way for me using Safari (Iphone) and Opera (PC) lately. Also the website keeps trying and failing to load video content for some reason in the middle of being on the forums.

• Sad
Reactions: Chris Harmon
I use Netscape and never see that in Netscape.

I think it is because of that new feature story pop-up that happens all the time.
Maybe, but you have to click on it on your task bar before it 'pops up'. It opens up a new tab on chrome with the unfinished post that you left open and unposted. It will have your text, and the previous 'quote' if you quoted anyone. It will obviously be in the thread where you left the post unfinished.

You can then edit the reply and/or post the reply.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT