ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Games (11/21)

Huge upset for Little Rock over San Diego State 49-43. Yooler was a 15-point underdog.

Last edited:
It's about the one and done's. Sure they can play but they have no idea what playing under pressure or adversity is or how to deal with it. In HS, all of the players at UNC were the go to guys and could make plays in their own simply because they were playing against some guy better suited for the chess team. Teams like us, UNI, etc. have senior guys who have played in those situations before, have handled those situations before, and have persevered. UNI likely finishes 2nd in MVC and is a borderline tourney team as well. Not sure about San Diego St. They didn't look great against Utah either.

Reactions: Bill Lowery
It's about the one and done's. Sure they can play but they have no idea what playing under pressure or adversity is or how to deal with it. In HS, all of the players at UNC were the go to guys and could make plays in their own simply because they were playing against some guy better suited for the chess team. Teams like us, UNI, etc. have senior guys who have played in those situations before, have handled those situations before, and have persevered. UNI likely finishes 2nd in MVC and is a borderline tourney team as well. Not sure about San Diego St. They didn't look great against Utah either.

If there were enough one and done players to keep reloading all the top teams every year the NBA would be a MUCH better game and there would be multiple expansion teams. Instead, you have teams like Brooklyn, the 76's, Maverick's, etc. There just aren't that many elite basketball players out there.

UNC didn't have the player from Iowa for whom Smith scheduled this game. Not making excuses, thrilled to see UNI win.

I'm now officially nervous about UALR and also ORU, who won a road game at James Madison by 10. Their loss was to South Carolina, who I hope TU gets to play in the championship game.

I bet if you played that game 10 times though, UNC would win 8 of them.

This actually illustrates a good point because it's the exact argument people will use in favor of teams like NCSt and their 2 wins (ignoring 8 losses) against RPI top 25. Give decent teams a number of opportunities against top teams (especially at home) and they're going to win some of those games. Good on Northern Iowa for getting a home game of that magnitude.

This actually illustrates a good point because it's the exact argument people will use in favor of teams like NCSt and their 2 wins (ignoring 8 losses) against RPI top 25. Give decent teams a number of opportunities against top teams (especially at home) and they're going to win some of those games. Good on Northern Iowa for getting a home game of that magnitude.

Good point ctt

I've heard that B-5 bogus argument before as well, as they say a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut.

That argument has been perpetuated by basketball fans like Phoggy and other B-5 apologists for years.

My contention is that playing those top teams already factor into your RPI in a positive way win or lose why look at again.

GO TU!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT