ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois St Game Thread

Birt was not even close on most his shots. Looked ugly in the arena. We cannot continue to win with a guy taking double digit shots and making 10%.

Birt was not even close on most his shots. Looked ugly in the arena. We cannot continue to win with a guy taking double digit shots and making 10%.

I was there tonight & I agree on Birt's shots. Birt didn't look comfortable & short armed some shots. But honestly, he always short arms the shots, so he rarely looks silky smooth (like Steve Harris!). I think he'll get it going soon. Saturday would be a great time for his shot to return!

I'm not too worried about the foul shooting. There is good form. The last two years even the form was terrible.

I think Ojick poked a pin in a TU player voodoo doll and laid him on a court replica free throw line.

Revenge of the 'got my papers in on time' nerd.

Last edited:
I love MAgney. I think I jinxed Birt. Never thought he would struggle this much. My criticism of him is his inconsistency which has not changed from day 1 last year. His 'unique' shooting form leads to an imperfect ball rotation so he gets no 'luck' with his shot.
Any rim action is a missed shot.

I'm not too worried about the foul shooting. There is good form. The last two years even the form was terrible.
Agreed/ Igbanu has an ugly FT shot, but you could tell Etou was frustrated because his shots were all on line and either just a touch short or long.

I know it's early, but Illinois State's RPI when we played was #43. They've since dropped to #100 and TU moved up 48pts to #165. Illinois State is predicted to finish #2 in MVC, and I think they'll stay in RPI top 100. RPI doesn't really pan out until a couple more weeks, but it's a good win nonetheless. Especially considering the lack of production from Wheeler and Birt last night.

Taplin has stepped up. Birt needs to do the same, I think he was 1-11 or something terrible last night. Keep that up and he'll lose minutes to Korita.

And on Sagarin ISU is 75 and TU is 157. Sad that the opening game was an L to a 200+ team. I also think this will be TU's first top 100 win come March.

Right now I love the unpredictability of our team.

If we have a great shooting day and our ball rotations are good we might have a chance Saturday.

Of course we could also get whacked. But at least it is interesting.

Right now I love the unpredictability of our team.

If we have a great shooting day and our ball rotations are good we might have a chance Saturday.

Of course we could also get whacked. But at least it is interesting.

I'd love us being predictably dominant.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT