ADVERTISEMENT

Houston

jesterondirt

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Sep 28, 2006
I left right at halftime, as they had the game pretty handily in the bag at that time. Texas State had plenty of opportunities, but kept turning the ball over after very good drives. They didn't really have any problems moving the ball, as Houston was giving huge cushins on the wider receivers, especially the wideouts.

We're going to struggle keeping up with their offense. Ward is good, however he makes nearly everything happen outside of the pocket. The first thing he does is look for how to get out of the pocket before finding a receiver, keeping him in the pocket will be a huge advantage for us if we can do it.

I love having a wide receiver running a sweep as part of a play option and Houston runs it often and well.

O/U 100?

Points are going to be scored nearly at will next Saturday, let's hope we have at least 1 more than them.

You could barely shut down Bill Blankenships powerhouse offense last year.

This will be a shootout.

How's Houston's defense this year? Ours is still paper thin... When we force a punt, it's a HUGE win for the defense.

Still forcing lots and lots of turnovers. Our secondary is one of if not the most experienced in the nation. Each of them have 20-30+ consecutive starts.

Still forcing lots and lots of turnovers. Our secondary is one of if not the most experienced in the nation. Each of them have 20-30+ consecutive starts.
Should be a helluva game. Last home game against Houston I went to was somewhat of a blowout at the end (they were ranked in the top 10 I believe), but they brought at least a thousand fans and our stadium was full for once without a bunch of disgusting OU fans cheering boomer sooner.

Should be a helluva game. Last home game against Houston I went to was somewhat of a blowout at the end (they were ranked in the top 10 I believe), but they brought at least a thousand fans and our stadium was full for once without a bunch of disgusting OU fans cheering boomer sooner.
Case Keenum undressed us that game as I recall. He picked the corner of the endzone on 4th and substantial and Houston never looked back.

And Tulsa will have the best corps of WRs you see all season. Better than Louisville, better than anyone else in the AAC. O/u will be about 88 and I'd still bet the over easily

Case Keenum undressed us that game as I recall. He picked the corner of the endzone on 4th and substantial and Houston never looked back.

We were ranked #6 in the nation. I remember you guys were predicting that you were going to win and I told yall that yall were going up against an NFL quarterback and that it was going to be a blowout which turned into a big pissing contest .

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not brag easily but we really do have one of the best groups of receivers in the country. And Evans is now a solid QB. Unless we underachieve it is hard for me to see TU struggling on offense against anyone on our schedule. Defense is another matter but home field tends to mean a lot in these situations. It is far from a slam dunk but I like our chances Saturday.

I like TU to win big. UH is due for a bad game with TOs on the road. My guess is the line
will be very close to PK.

We were ranked #6 in the nation. I remember you guys were predicting that you were going to win and I told yall that yall were going up against an NFL quarterback and that it was going to be a blowout which turned into a big pissing contest and me getting banned for a couple of months.
Does everything you say have to be incendiary? There's no pissing match going on that I can detect.

Of course it does, CougarKing only comes on here to be incendiary. He likes getting a rise out of us. ...and he always says it's just another game, there is no rivalry. He'll argue that till the cows come home. He's munching on his cud right now.

Wow, one thing to note is we've covered every spread this year. I expect Saturday to be no different.

I like TU to win big. UH is due for a bad game with TOs on the road. My guess is the line
will be very close to PK.

You have no answer for our offense and we will shut down Tulsa like we shut down everybody else we played. We are on a mission and we will be AAC Champion.

Also the line has us an almost 10 point favorite.

Of course it does, CougarKing only comes on here to be incendiary. He likes getting a rise out of us. ...and he always says it's just another game, there is no rivalry. He'll argue that till the cows come home. He's munching on his cud right now.

It cant be a rivalry because you barely have any fans.

It cant be a rivalry because you barely have any fans.
-----------------------------------------
but they are loyal. They are at every TU game that does not conflict with OU or OSU

I struggle with a Houston fan dissing the size of our fan base.

The Coogs don't exactly "knock the cover off the ball" when it comes to attendance in football...and especially basketball.

Like TU, they attend the big games fairly well...around 30K. However, after spending time in Kingwood, it became apparent that UH doesn't "move the sports needle" in Greater Houston.

We do have a small fan base. So does Houston. They want it to be bigger, because the commuter school does have a large number of students...unfortunately for UH, it just hasn't happened on a consistent basis.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Houston can't even fill their stadium in a city with millions of people in it.

That said, I think we'll win by at least 10 points over Pee Wee Herman's squad.

We were ranked #6 in the nation. I remember you guys were predicting that you were going to win and I told yall that yall were going up against an NFL quarterback and that it was going to be a blowout which turned into a big pissing contest .

Both teams were 7-0 going into that game (conference). The game was back and forth until about 5 minutes left in the 1st half when TU got into the red zone of a first down and nearing the tying score and Bryan Burnham was stripped and fumbled. TU never recovered from that turnover. Houston dominated the 2nd half.

Line opens at +9.5 Tulsa. What a joke.
That's a Houston beat a P5 and is undefeated, Tulsa has issues on defense. I do believe OU was a 30 pt favorite in Norman, a number we easily covered even playing against 19 on the field (11 players, 8 refs). This week's number is simply Vegas not really knowing who either team really is.

For Cougar kitty, if OU's Sanchez, an all Big XII DB and All American candidate can't hang with Keyarris Garrett,Mehta makes you think Houston's DBs can? And if you double him, you leave Lucas one on one. Ask the OU CB what happens in zero coverage on Keevan Lucas. Better yet, ask him how his ankles feel.

Houston can't even fill their stadium in a city with millions of people in it.

That said, I think we'll win by at least 10 points over Pee Wee Herman's squad.

Drew 35k yesterday and 30k before that. What's your team's home attendance? Also Tulsa has over 300,000 people so there's plenty for y'all to draw from too.

We have an annual student populace of less than 3500 per year, and a Tulsa population of just under 400,000. Cougar High has a student populace of over 30,000, and a Houston population of over 2 million. We average around 22,000 per game, u guys average around 32,000. Do I have to do the math for you?

Actually I believe they list UH's student enrollment closer to 40,000 on the official AAC site, but that's probably a little high. But if you subtract students from the stadium seating numbers, its almost a zero sum amount. The problem a lot of programs have is getting the non-student paying customers into the stadium. Students don't provide much revenue compared to the general public - "moms, pops with kids". In the end its always about the revenue the school makes. A school like UCF with over 50,000 students and a 45,000 seat stadium actually has a revenue "potential" deficit compared to us for example.

Nah... The #6 team won in tulsa in 09' with a last second FG

Actually I believe they list UH's student enrollment closer to 40,000 on the official AAC site, but that's probably a little high. But if you subtract students from the stadium seating numbers, its almost a zero sum amount. The problem a lot of programs have is getting the non-student paying customers into the stadium. Students don't provide much revenue compared to the general public - "moms, pops with kids". In the end its always about the revenue the school makes. A school like UCF with over 50,000 students and a 45,000 seat stadium actually has a revenue "potential" deficit compared to us for example.

Is that graduate students, included? I saw something like 31,500 or something like that for undergrad.

Phil Steele lists 31,706 students - all undergrads. I'm not sure where the official AAC site gets their figures, but I assume they list both grads and undergrads.

Phil Steele lists 31,706 students - all undergrads. I'm not sure where the official AAC site gets their figures, but I assume they list both grads and undergrads.

I'm pretty sure the 40k number includes the ones who have been incarcerated but haven't missed a full semester yet and so are still on the books. That's about 8k, which gets you to the 40k. Seems about right.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT