ADVERTISEMENT

Houston

I dont consider it a rivalry because TU brings hardly any fans to our stadium. Hell, Texas State felt more like a rivalry. Smh

We have 4k students, you have what...35k?

Use a little common sense here. With as many resources and students as you have, you guys suck for how you should be doing. But, according to some of your fans...A&M is your biggest rival...LOLZ.

We have 4k students, you have what...35k?

Use a little common sense here. With as many resources and students as you have, you guys suck for how you should be doing. But, according to some of your fans...A&M is your biggest rival...LOLZ.

We have 41k students if you count undergrad and grad students, 33k if you count just undergrads. Regardless, we draw our enrollment and over our enrollment.

Tulsa isn't exactly a small city and TU is literally the ONLY show in town. No reason why TU shouldn't be doing better either.

If you read our board as much as you appear to, you should know that no one disagrees with you that attendance should be better. But there will still be plenty of us there on Saturday yelling for our team and spitting at the mention of Yeoman.

It's a stupid thing to even bring up. It's like complaining about how alsome your basketball arena and attendance are.

Just point to basketball....UH was lucky to get 500 fans to a game against UCONN. TU gets more students to basketball games than UH has total fans in the arena. The biggest difference is of the 4000k TU student population, probably 25% show up for a football game. UH might get 1,000 students, but that's roughly 3%. The rest stay at home and watch Reality Bites on endless loop because it mentions UH

The rest stay at home and watch Reality Bites on endless loop because it mentions UH

Hahahahahahaaaa ... my old drummer is the drummer in Ethan Hawke's band. He gets about 1 full second of camera time. Probably not even a full second.

Speaking of Ethan Hawke movies, the wife beater husband in Boyhood is a UH professor. Just sayin.

Just point to basketball....UH was lucky to get 500 fans to a game against UCONN. TU gets more students to basketball games than UH has total fans in the arena. The biggest difference is of the 4000k TU student population, probably 25% show up for a football game. UH might get 1,000 students, but that's roughly 3%. The rest stay at home and watch Reality Bites on endless loop because it mentions UH

Funny because there were 8-10k students at both of our home games which drew 30 and 36,000 respectively. (TU wishes they could draw those numbers) That puts us on par with most P5 schools' student attendance, which was also praised by Coach Herman himself. Try using facts next time.

Edit- If you're referring to basketball then that's because of YEARS AND YEARS of crappy basketball that Coach Sampson has to literally rebuild from top to bottom.

So only a max of 26k showed up in a metro area that is SO BIG? HOUSTON RULES!

YOU'RE REALLY SUPPORTED LIKE YOU SAY. Houston students dont need to study those tough community college courses, so they have time for the game.

Precious.

Barrister is Tallgrass posing as Tutypical. Duh.
Don't miss Tallgrass but do miss TuTypical. He was pure posting genius. Not to my level of genius, but at least in my zip code. Mostly unfunneh goobs on here now.

So only a max of 26k showed up in a metro area that is SO BIG? HOUSTON RULES!

YOU'RE REALLY SUPPORTED LIKE YOU SAY. Houston students dont need to study those tough community college courses, so they have time for the game.

Precious.

When you guys hosted the CUSA Championship game, you couldn't give the tickets away.

When we hosted the CUSA Championship game in both 2006 and 2011, tickets were sold out within hours. If we host the AAC Championship game this year, that will be another sellout.

Make excuses all you want, but our folks show up while you fight with Tulane and SMU for the lowest attendance.

I don't think anyone is making excuses. You sure seem worried about such an inferior opponent with no fans.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I always enjoy seeing the empty, ugly old trashy Pavilion on TV. I recall TU had more fans at the game last year than UH did.

I don't think anyone is making excuses. You sure seem worried about such an inferior opponent with no fans.

I'm not worried. I'm just baffled on why Tulsa has such a one-sided rivalry with us. Nobody on our board is even talking about you guys while you guys have multiple threads on us.

I'm not taking about your board. I have blockers on my computer for the kiddo and I can't even read your board because of the strip club ads.

I'm talking about you. We have a handful of threads every week for the team we play. You sure seem to have a lot to say for a game you think will be easy. Maybe you could find another hobby rather than worry about us. Or maybe our board could help you find a job or apply to a real college. ITS is about people helping people and I don't want you to waste your life away worrying about our humble private school.

I'm not taking about your board. I have blockers on my computer for the kiddo and I can't even read your board because of the strip club ads.

I'm talking about you. We have a handful of threads every week for the team we play. You sure seem to have a lot to say for a game you think will be easy. Maybe you could find another hobby rather than worry about us. Or maybe our board could help you find a job or apply to a real college. ITS is about people helping people and I don't want you to waste your life away worrying about our humble private school.

Alright. After this post, I won't come back on here until after the game.

It's fine come back every 5 minutes if you want. We are used to the common troll over here worried about a little tiny college that wipes the turf with teams like your all the time.

I'm not saying you shouldn't post, Cougarking. We welcome your contributions to our humble outpost on the tubes. And I think we can really help you improve your life.

Are you coming to the game Saturday? I bet I could get you a tour of Tulsa Welding School or maybe job interviews at Bama Pie or Taco Bell. I'll pick up applications for you on the way to the tailgate and bring them for you. I probably can't get you a job at Quiktrip or Jimmy John's, so let's not worry there. There is also a temp agency working at the TU games and we could probably get you some face time with their bosses. Please bring resumes.

Or if you want a more traditional education, I bet ORU will talk to you. It seems like your kind of place.

Reactions: wilsoncc
Or if you want a more traditional education, I bet ORU will talk to you. It seems like your kind of place.

I have it in good authority, Kitty would likely have to go through ORU's Bridge program as a conditional admission to prove his mettle there before moving on to actual college stuff.

And TU should totally wear the red jerseys this week. I'm pretty sure that would thoroughly confuse the crap out the Coug High's players

I think that's a good deal for CougarKing. But isn't there some program even below that? We should have him call Carter and ask for the Marchello Vealy special.

Funny because there were 8-10k students at both of our home games which drew 30 and 36,000 respectively. (TU wishes they could draw those numbers) That puts us on par with most P5 schools' student attendance, which was also praised by Coach Herman himself. Try using facts next time.

Edit- If you're referring to basketball then that's because of YEARS AND YEARS of crappy basketball that Coach Sampson has to literally rebuild from top to bottom.

I'll be honest and I have mentioned it previously either in this thread or another, I haven't watched any of UH's games this year just because they were on at a bad time for me to catch them. I, like many of the posters on this board do try to watch other games involving AAC schools. My remarks are based on whatever game I was watching last year, may have been the Tulsa game where it seemed there were no students there...and wasn't it Homecoming last year?

BTW, we held New Mexico to 40 yards under their rushing average and forced them to abandon their running game midway through the 3rd quarter. That's something when that team is 75% run to 25% pass. Your RBs will not be able to just run through our DL which is a significant strength on D this year. If our D allows Ward to improvise and get outside the pocket, that's a huge advantage for UH. Mayfield from OU and the FAU QB killed us on QB scrambles and runs. What it tells me is the downfield coverage has been good enough to force the QBs to buy extra time.

No one's defense has stopped us. Not even Oklahoma. I'm not saying OU is the same defense they were in 2000, or any of the other years they played in a nat'l championship game, but they are a Big XII defense with Big XII athletes. Their DBs were no match for our QB or WRs or scheme. Heck, OU's DL only had 2 sacks and our primary RB had 160 that day, so our OL has been playing pretty well as well. And its pretty much the same running play over and over, so it's nothing disguised. And last I heard, one of UH's starting DBs is out for this game for whatever reason. Ask the OU backup DB that played what happened? Our #3 WR beat him for 10 catches, 104 yds, and a TD.

No, you're all wrong. Houston's defense is absolutely going to shut us down, Ward will past for 500 yards and 5 tds, and they're going to beat us 67-7. Why are we even talking about this?

::Fart noise in the wind::

Gold, the Bridge Program is the bottom rung. These are kids who aren't otherwise qualified for college and ORU gives them that opportunity to give it a go and if they can prove themselves, they can move on to a normal level of coursework. A lot of the students in that program are legacies of ORU alum who have ended up in homeschool or sheltered school environments. It's a struggle.

Bad internet. No one cares. And ask about Vealy.

Whats the parking situation like around your stadium? Thanks
Don't get this board started on that topic. It's fine. Park on the north side of campus in one of the apartment lots and walk the 5 minutes across the main part of campus. OR park at the University United Mehtodist church for a $5-$10 donation and walk the 5 minutes to the stadium.

Not as bad people make it out to be. If you want to pay a little, there will be lots with signs within a few blocks. If you don't park there, the neighborhoods are fine but you will have to walk a little further.

I'm not worried. I'm just baffled on why Tulsa has such a one-sided rivalry with us. Nobody on our board is even talking about you guys while you guys have multiple threads on us.
I think we can all agree this is the dumbest post ever - "I can't figure out why you guys have numerous threads talking about your opponent this weekend." How do you even respond to that? If your board doesn't have conversation about your upcoming opponent, what do you talk about? Let me guess - how well you'll do in the Sec and how awesome you are? Sounds like an awesome board.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I dont consider it a rivalry because TU brings hardly any fans to our stadium. Hell, Texas State felt more like a rivalry. Smh
There's no better sign that something is a rivalry than having one side say it isn't a rivalry. It's like my 9 year old son - the more putrid he says a girl is, the more he likes her. I use that example because he's at about the same emotional and intellectual level as most of our friends from southern Texas.

I have it in good authority, Kitty would likely have to go through ORU's Bridge program as a conditional admission to prove his mettle there before moving on to actual college stuff.
Is that kind of like pledging? READ YOUR BIBLE PLEDGE!

Except it used to be you had to be available for Richard Roberts' wife and learn how to fake heal.

Then maybe ORU wouldn't be a good place for KittyKing. I'd wager he's lactose intolerant.

Trying to think of what opportunities we have around here for someone with an UHHH degree. Animal control? Is scraping gum off sidewalk a city position or some sort of restitution for crimes? El Rancho Grande? Anyone got any ideas?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT