ADVERTISEMENT

Horn Choke

TUMe

I.T.S. Legend
Dec 3, 2003
What an ending. After a 15 yard pass interference where the receiver was tackled before the ball got there, the coach of the Shorthorns threw a fit and got another 15 tacked on a oSu ties the game with a field goal. Then the punter for no reason takes his eye off of the ball giving the Pokes a chip short field goal to win.

There was already a lot of unhappiness in Austin. Doubt it gets any better.

Last edited:
Reactions: jesterondirt
I'm sure Tennessee fans want Butch Davis' head too. Tennessee goes up by 12 in 4th qtr. doesn't go for 2 so they lead by 13. Florida scores TD late to make it a 6 point game. Davis plays ultra conservative with 3 straight runs to run clock. Punts to Florida. Florida has a 4th and 14 around mid field, then hits a receiver running a crossing pattern for a TD with a little over a minute left. Tennessee has a last second chance to win on a 55 YD FG that has the distance but is about a foot right. Losses game similar to the OU game.

And the mighty better-than-advertised-contender Ponies fall to might FCS James Madison in Dallas by 3 on a late TD. Delusional Pony fans come down to earth.

And Oregon just gave up 62 to Utah at Nike HQ. And Utah pulled off the StL Rams punt return where a "fake" returner acts as though he's getting the ball and they set up the block for him leaving the actual PR all alone. It's brilliant.

There's some struggles out there for teams everyone thought would be really good. Some coaching vacancies might be coming up and Houston might have a problem if Tenn. comedy after Hermann. Graham might have some issues soon as well. ASU has looked pretty bad this year. Auburn has looked downright atrocious every game.

Last edited:
I'm sure Tennessee fans want Butch Davis' head too. Tennessee goes up by 12 in 4th qtr. doesn't go for 2 so they lead by 13. Florida scores TD late to make it a 6 point game. Davis plays ultra conservative with 3 straight runs to run clock. Punts to Florida. Florida has a 4th and 14 around mid field, then hits a receiver running a crossing pattern for a TD with a little over a minute left. Tennessee has a last second chance to win on a 55 YD FG that has the distance but is about a foot right. Losses game similar to the OU game.

Interesting posts....Really crazy season as defensive coordinators try to adapt to the wild
offenses.....The offensive coordinators that teach the traditional pro offense are being hung
out to dry....You have to score near 50 to win.....

Tennessee is one of the more talented teams from an athletic and physical standpoint...
they remind me somewhat of Okie State of a few years ago...They don't think too well....

TxA&M should score more with all of that talent...

I like Me's 'Arkichoke'....Comment of the day....

TU-Houston should really be a good one.....

Jester is right....The Gus Bus is leading oil......

Forecasting a 4 or 5 win campaign for Graham jam & ASU.
I think Graham was overrated as a head coach. Aside from beating a pedestrian Notre Dame team, he floundered repeatedly against Oklahoma, OSU and Arkansas. He spat more rhetoric than Obama on the campaign trail...

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
The only reason OSU won this game was Tx penalties. The shorthorns left about 17 points on the table with really stupid & repeated penalties & reminiscent of our game w/ the Gooners, Tejas got screwed on some calls too.

Graham was awesome for Tulsa. As a D coordinator and as a HC. Tulsa needs someone with passion/enthusiasm. 24/7/365 work horse. BB and DR were 180 degrees opposite of Graham. Graham was incredible for Tulsa. Don't diminish his significant contributions to Tulsa football. Ridiculous to do so.

FWIW... I don't know Todd and have NEVER met him. I just know what I saw 700 miles from Tulsa. In fact, from what I can gather Todd's a first rate ass. But, he was ours and he elevated Tulsa considerably. That win at ND will live in my memory forever.

Graham was awesome for Tulsa. As a D coordinator and as a HC. Tulsa needs someone with passion/enthusiasm. 24/7/365 work horse. BB and DR were 180 degrees opposite of Graham. Graham was incredible for Tulsa. Don't diminish his significant contributions to Tulsa football. Ridiculous to do so.

FWIW... I don't know Todd and have NEVER met him. I just know what I saw 700 miles from Tulsa. In fact, from what I can gather Todd's a first rate ass. But, he was ours and he elevated Tulsa considerably. That win at ND will live in my memory forever.

Kragthorpe took us back to respectability, and Graham took us beyond that in the modern era and jacked it up a notch. It was good for Tulsa even though he could be an ass 22/7. He had a couple of hours when he wasn't an ass, but most asses do. I'm hoping, and expecting that armed with a new higher level conference status, Montgomery will do it the right way, and take us up another notch from Graham. So far the evidence supporting that is good. He is more in line with being an ideal representative for Tulsa on the field and off, than Graham would have ever been. Even so, I am glad Graham was here to do all the things he did, and I am even more glad that he is not here now. We got what we needed from him.

Reactions: TulsaGrad07
Kragthorpe took us back to respectability, and Graham took us beyond that in the modern era and jacked it up a notch. It was good for Tulsa even though he could be an ass 22/7. He had a couple of hours when he wasn't an ass, but most asses do. I'm hoping, and expecting that armed with a new higher level conference status, Montgomery will do it the right way, and take us up another notch from Graham. So far the evidence supporting that is good. He is more in line with being an ideal representative for Tulsa on the field and off, than Graham would have ever been. Even so, I am glad Graham was here to do all the things he did, and I am even more glad that he is not here now. We got what we needed from him.
I hope Monty sticks around. I've seen articles already portending his departure to a bigger team if we beat Houston Saturday... I'd love to see our program grow to the point where people who live in town actually care about the program and our bleachers are full. I remember being a kid in '96 when we played BYU and the place was jam packed and raucus. I want that to be a weekly affair, and I think Monty's going to get us there in due time (assuming he doesn't jump for greener pastures).

I think Monty needs to do more than beat Houston to move to a big time job. There are some good teams ahead on our schedule. Still Monty is doing fantastic so far...enough that people will keep an eye on him. We need to give him more money. More money next year and not a 9 year contract or something meaningless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT