ADVERTISEMENT

Healthcare

astonmartin708

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Apr 17, 2012
My employer just got rid of the lowest deductible plan, raising the minimum deductible to $900 and reduced the employer contribution meaning a $54 / month raise in family plan premiums... that's after a $200+ / month raise in premiums in June.

We need to do something about healthcare as soon as possible. This isn't sustainable. Going back the old pre-ObamaCare way will just make things worse as they were raising rates like this for crappier policies back then.

As much as you post on Inside Tulsa Sports, I thought you must be retired. Maybe you get to post while working. Lol.

I’ve gone on rant after rant about the state of health insurance. Either institute single payer or bring back plan options and competition in the market place. The current structure has decreased both consumer options and competition....one reason why premiums are skyrocketing.

I’ve gone on rant after rant about the state of health insurance. Either institute single payer or bring back plan options and competition in the market place. The current structure has decreased both consumer options and competition....one reason why premiums are skyrocketing.
Eliminating the personal mandate didn't help either. It increased costs as the insurance companies weren't able to recover as much money from healthy young people. Plan options weren't helping prior to Obamacare as rates were still rising tremendously. That's why Obamacare happened in the first place.

I would also argue that you should allow insurance companies to at least operate over state lines.

Speaking of healthcare... Trump just tested clinically positive for "Democratic Hoax". Wonder if he'll get the same level of treatment as so many of the other 70+ year old Americans who's lives apparently didn't matter to him...

Somebody break the emergency glass to the bottles of hydroxychloroquine!

Less than 10% of the people that aca was created for, opted in, and paid their fair share. While it destroyed company paid ins for many more.

Speaking of healthcare... Trump just tested clinically positive for "Democratic Hoax". Wonder if he'll get the same level of treatment as so many of the other 70+ year old Americans who's lives apparently didn't matter to him...

No, they are preparing a NYC senior citizens home for him.

He still has a 99% chance of recovery just like everyone else who doesn’t have two or more preexisting medical conditions!

He still has a 99% chance of recovery just like everyone else who doesn’t have two or more preexisting medical conditions!
He has two or more preexisting conditions. He's over 70, he's fat, and I'm sure being the president isn't good for you blood pressure. Not to mention he was in the middle of a presidential campaign which has never been easy on any candidate.

He has heart problems and the blood pressure of a 75 year old that eats Mickie D and KFC 24/7 for most of his life. I doubt he eats too many vegetables, aside from pickles.

He has heart problems and the blood pressure of a 75 year old that eats Mickie D and KFC 24/7 for most of his life. I doubt he eats too many vegetables, aside from pickles.
74 year old, which I turn in a few days and "I'm sorry, but I'm not quite dead yet. I don't want to go on the cart." Please refer to Monty Python.

Seriously, it's a bit odd pointing out that Trump is (falsely) 75, when the other party has a candidate who will be 78 next month. Trump with his ego felt he didn't have to follow safety rules but he is not quite dead yet. And 74 isn't as old as it was in 1789. I hope neither of them dies.

Last edited:
Idk, I guess I’m really just not very concerned by this

74 year old, which I turn in a few days and "I'm sorry, but I'm not quite dead yet. I don't want to go on the cart." Please refer to Monty Python.

Seriously, it's a bit odd pointing out that Trump is (falsely) 75, when the other party has a candidate who will be 78 next month. Trump with his ego felt he didn't have to follow safety rules but he is not quite dead yet. And 74 isn't as old as it was in 1789. I hope neither of them dies.
I just think Trump displayed mountains of Hubris with his casual treatment of the protocols for health safety. His making fun of Biden for wearing a mask seems almost Karmic now. I’m not saying I want him or anyone of the many republicans who got the illness recently to die... but it would be very ironic if they did. Trump himself is probably in on of the most vulnerable groups in terms of age, weight, and stress levels and he was flaunting only wearing a mass occasionally. It’s almost like he was laughing at pulling a dog’s tail and now the dog bit him.

I know how old he is, I was rounding up 1 year.(I knew somebody was gonna go there.) I assume that he was in bad enough shape because of his diet that he surely had the body of a 75 year old at least. The doctors say people over 65 years old, and having complications. He is overweight, has minor heart problems, and dietary problems, and is presently 9 years over that age . Even if I wasn't rounding up 1 single, solitary year.(yes I know the two s words are synonyms, I only use the both of them for effect) adding 1 year because it's a quarter century is not going to put him in any higher risk category since he is 9 years and almost 4 months beyond that.

Every year or three we add to the life expectancy of a human being except recently.(We have temporarily hit a plateau. The life expectancy has gone down by .3 years between now and 2014.) So I know enough about age that adding a single year for health reasons is not that egregious especially if you are 9 or 10 years beyond or below that age of 65. If he was 64 then adding that year would be a a bit more of an issue.

My mother and my grandmother were 72 and 84. Their causes of death were a house fire, and a doctor who over prescribed her a certain drug that CAUSED and embolism. My grandmother ran circles around most 74 year olds and my mom ran circles around at least a lot of 68 year olds or older. My grandmother and mother would have probably lived to 90 or more. My mother doesn't look nearly as old as her mother looked when they hit the same age, and I don't I look nearly as old as my mother, when we hit the same age.

I bring both of them up, instead of my father and grandfather because they men were not in such great health at those ages. So no I did not go over his age because of ageism. I went over it intentionally because he has a body that is not so young at his age, just like my grandfather did. They both were hard on their bodies. Despite Trump avoiding alcohol and tobacco, he didn't do himself any favors with the foods he eats.

If it is no big deal, why did you add a year?

And why are you the food police. Have you never ate a hamburger. My grandmother cooked everything in bacon grease...including bacon. She died of a stroke, but that doesn't mean she would have lived longer than the 86 years that she did last.

Trump has plenty of faults, but that is not a license to add a year to his age or tell him what to eat. I just read on CNN that his doctor gave a generally upbeat report but said there could be problems in the next 48 hours. But then they said a source (unnamed of course) said there were issues with his vital signs. They seemed to believe the unnamed source over his doctor.

And why are you the food police. Have you never ate a hamburger. My grandmother cooked everything in bacon grease...including bacon. She died of a stroke, but that doesn't mean she would have lived longer than the 86 years that she did last.

Trump has plenty of faults, but that is not a license to add a year to his age or tell him what to eat. I just read on CNN that his doctor gave a generally upbeat report but said there could be problems in the next 48 hours. But then they said a source (unnamed of course) said there were issues with his vital signs. They seemed to believe the unnamed source over his doctor.
I added a year because it was a nice round number of 3/4 of a century and a decade past the risk period, and I probably shouldn't have. I imagine the risk period could be a little off, but the say 65 because it is a nice round number.

I'm not playing the food police because he had a burger every week or three. I am playing the food police because he eats burgers and other fast food every other day and generally doesn't eat very many vegetables. That has been proven by him, those around him, and his doctor who tried to place him on a diet that is not as unhealthy as his diet is. It was at cause that his blood pressure is high for a man who doesn't drink, or smoke because of his eating habits.

I eat MUCH healthier than him but I smoke a pipe for 6 or 8 years,(and a pack of cigarettes for the 20 years before that) and I would say the same thing about myself if I were over 65 at cause of smoking instead of dietary habits. I am not telling him what to eat, I am simply pointing out the risks of his being 74 and having those eating habits for much of his life. Just like I would point out my risks if I were over 65 due to my smoking habits. Facts are facts, whether dietary or through smoking habits.

I believe there are several reasons they believe the unnamed source over his doctor. One, because they are biased against him. Two, because his doctor is at risk of being fired if he doesn't say the right things, as proven by his past firing habits. And three, because he works his will to manipulate the press around him, at almost every instance through his presidency, through lies and obfuscation.

Last edited:

The unnamed source is believed to be his Chief if Staff Mark Meadows.

I added a year because it was a nice round number of 3/4 of a century and a decade past the risk period, and I probably shouldn't have. I imagine the risk period could be a little off, but the say 65 because it is a nice round number.

I'm not playing the food police because he had a burger every week or three. I am playing the food police because he eats burgers and other fast food every other day and generally doesn't eat very many vegetables. That has been proven by him, those around him, and his doctor who tried to place him on a diet that is not as unhealthy as his diet is. It was at cause that his blood pressure is high for a man who doesn't drink, or smoke because of his eating habits.

I eat MUCH healthier than him but I smoke a pipe for 6 or 8 years,(and a pack of cigarettes for the 20 years before that) and I would say the same thing about myself if I were over 65 at cause of smoking instead of dietary habits. I am not telling him what to eat, I am simply pointing out the risks of his being 74 and having those eating habits for much of his life. Just like I would point out my risks if I were over 65 due to my smoking habits. Facts are facts, whether dietary or through smoking habits.

I believe there are several reasons they believe the unnamed source over his doctor. One, because they are biased against him. Two, because his doctor is at risk of being fired if he doesn't say the right things, as proven by his past firing habits. And three, because he works his will to manipulate the press around him, at almost every instance through his presidency, through lies and obfuscation.
It’s not the prexisting conditions that are the problem... it’s the refusal to promote safeguards like mask wearing for yourself and the people around you when you are at risk that is the problem. (Speaking about Trump)

According to the leaked CDC documents, masks are ineffective but what does the President know!

It’s not the prexisting conditions that are the problem... it’s the refusal to promote safeguards like mask wearing for yourself and the people around you when you are at risk that is the problem. (Speaking about Trump)
I was just talking about the risk to our presidents life/health. Not the risk to others. Two different issues.

According to the leaked CDC documents, masks are ineffective but what does the President know!

According to every country, state, county, and city with mandates and scientific studies, your single source of information is once again, wrong.
$$$

The unnamed source is believed to be his Chief if Staff Mark Meadows.
Beyond a doubt believed by CNN. What is the big deal about the unnamed sources? Eventually if he dies they will tell us, or if he is crippled or bounces back strong. Even unnamed sources cannot foretell the future. What kind of a source walks around contradicting the attending physician?

Beyond a doubt believed by CNN. What is the big deal about the unnamed sources? Eventually if he dies they will tell us, or if he is crippled or bounces back strong. Even unnamed sources cannot foretell the future. What kind of a source walks around contradicting the attending physician?
I saw multiple semi-reputable sources saying it was Meadows.

I saw multiple semi-reputable sources saying it was Meadows.
Let go of that argument, WE WILL KNOW IN A FEW DAYS ABOUT HIS HEALTH. Neither Meadows nor anybody else will really know for a few more days.

Let go of that argument, WE WILL KNOW IN A FEW DAYS ABOUT HIS HEALTH. Neither Meadows nor anybody else will really know for a few more days.
That's fair. Honestly, I'm not too worried either way.

This is not true.
If the virus is Airborne as the CDC revealed, (which we know the Chinese believed bc they sprayed airosols for months on end) it would also means that encouraging people to stay cooped up inside is bad advice if the virus spreads by aerosol droplets within close proximity. Conversely, it makes no sense to wear a mask outside while socially distanced, as demanded by California mayors in the spring and summer.

If the virus is Airborne as the CDC revealed, (which we know the Chinese believed bc they sprayed airosols for months on end) it would also means that encouraging people to stay cooped up inside is bad advice if the virus spreads by aerosol droplets within close proximity. Conversely, it makes no sense to wear a mask outside while socially distanced, as demanded by California mayors in the spring and summer.

And your boy trusted the Chinese.
But, you believe his lies after he publicly stated they were doing a great job?

$$$
You’re choosing a bad hill to die on, man.

And your boy trusted the Chinese.
But, you believe his lies after he publicly stated they were doing a great job?

$$$
You’re choosing a bad hill to die on, man.
Trust as in banned Chinese flights from coming into the country only to be undermined by Dems and blasted by the Chinese while they canceled all domestic flights? I will stay on that hill!

...because his doctor is at risk of being fired if he doesn't say the right things, as proven by his past firing habits. And three, because he works his will to manipulate the press around him, at almost every instance through his presidency, through lies and obfuscation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT