ADVERTISEMENT

Warren's new Medicare For All Plan

Aston...to be fair if my memory is correct, you went after the actual people who were displaced by the Hurricane because they lived in a red state and showed no compassion for the same.
I went after people that voted for people who held up aid to their countrymen in need. (Never saying they shouldn't receive aid on time, even though it would have balanced the scales if that had happened)

There wasn't one single "mea culpa" from the Republicans of Texas or their representatives before, during, or after that storm. No one on Fox News going.... "this situation really made me reconsider my support for the guy I voted for"

They didn't care who they hurt before as long as they received help as soon as they needed it. They act like bullies on a playground that cry and run to the teacher when they get punched back.

I went after people that voted for people who held up aid to their countrymen in need.

....and as I then pointed out in the thread.....not everyone who was displaced by the hurricane voted for that politician. You didn't qualify your statement.

Reactions: TU_BLA
....and as I then pointed out in the thread.....not everyone who was displaced by the hurricane voted for that politician. You didn't qualify your statement.
And as I pointed out, I'm not against helping the people of the state (red or blue). I just want the ones who keep voting red to be forced to recognize how crappy their representatives have been to the rest of the country.

I would liken it to being a parent with two kids. One boy repeatedly shoves his brother for no reason. His brother finally shoves him back, and in the process bully brother sprains his ankle. I'm not going to just make the one with the broken ankle suffer, but I absolutely chastise him on the way to the ER for being a bully in hopes that he might learn to be more civil to his brother who was provoked.

And as I pointed out, I'm not against helping the people of the state (red or blue). I just want the ones who keep voting red to be forced to recognize how crappy their representatives have been to the rest of the country.

I would liken it to being a parent with two kids. One boy repeatedly shoves his brother for no reason. His brother finally shoves him back, and in the process bully brother sprains his ankle. I'm not going to just make the one with the broken ankle suffer, but I absolutely chastise him on the way to the ER for being a bully in hopes that he might learn to be more civil to his brother who was provoked.

We could go round and round on this topic. Guess we shouldn't feel sorry for the state and local government employees in Illinois who will never receive their pensions because they voted for the politicians who set up the funds which never had a chance to be fully funded. There are countless examples where the voters have supported politicians and then suffered by the actions of their elected officials.

We could go round and round on this topic. Guess we shouldn't feel sorry for the state and local government employees in Illinois who will never receive their pensions because they voted for the politicians who set up the funds which never had a chance to be fully funded. There are countless examples where the voters have supported politicians and then suffered by the actions of their elected officials.

True, but I don't throw a fit when you point out examples like you just did. The problem wasn't that I was pointing that fact out, it was that people on this board didn't understand that I wasn't out to take away aid from anyone or blame them for living where they lived.

In my above example of having two children, Junkie would have been the mom who didn't see (or didn't care) about the bullying that was occurring.... she just got mad at me for chastising the bully because the she was emotionally connected to the bully and didn't want to see him in pain. To be fair, I don't want to see him in pain either, I just don't want him to put himself in situations where he's causing anguish for others or himself.

Your point about Dems in Illinois is noted and you're probably right about them to some degree.

True, but I don't throw a fit when you point out examples like you just did. The problem wasn't that I was pointing that fact out, it was that people on this board didn't understand that I wasn't out to take away aid from anyone or blame them for living where they lived.

In my above example of having two children, Junkie would have been the mom who didn't see (or didn't care) about the bullying that was occurring.... she just got mad at me for chastising the bully because the she was emotionally connected to the bully and didn't want to see him in pain. To be fair, I don't want to see him in pain either, I just don't want him to put himself in situations where he's causing anguish for others or himself.

Your point about Dems in Illinois is noted and you're probably right about them to some degree.

I've never blamed or even suggested we have no or less empathy for a group of people due to their political affiliation. There are obviously plenty of opportunities to blame people for their plight due to their actions or the actions of those who they support politically. I've never felt a need to kick people when their down regardless of where they live or how they vote.

I've never blamed or even suggested we have no or less empathy for a group of people due to their political affiliation. There are obviously plenty of opportunities to blame people for their plight due to their actions or the actions of those who they support politically. I've never felt a need to kick people when their down regardless of where they live or how they vote.
Tough love I suppose.

on both sides as well. I see more bad in the GOP but am not naive enough to claim the Dems never do stupid crap that hurts the other side just to be spiteful.

Reactions: Watu3
You will never convince Me that anyone is intitled to to the rtoils of my labor but me.
Whether you pay it in insurance premiums or taxes to the government for healthcare, they are (e)ntitled to the (r̶)toils of your labor regardless.

You should be trying to figure out which is more efficacious(less of your dollars spent) for you, instead of just bitching about those lazy bums on here. It might change who you vote for. That is the only way you can do something that might benefit you. That was the point TUBla was making and you were totally ignoring.

Points weren't made that should have been at the time.(On both sides.) Nothing against Junkie, but the moment she gets really bothered by something, she jumps on someone like a wildcat, leaving the argument a little less civil from both sides.

Points weren't made that should have been at the time.(On both sides.) Nothing against Junkie, but the moment she gets really bothered by something, she jumps on someone like a wildcat, leaving the argument a little less civil from both sides.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure she's blocked me, which kinda disappoints me. She was always a voice I enjoyed on here. Props to her for her convictions though.

You will never convince Me that anyone is intitled to to the rtoils of my labor but me.
That's like saying, you will never convince me that I have to help my neighbor when someone shoots at his house.

Yes, under normal circumstances you don't have to help your neighbor. You have no legal obligation to do so, but what if the person shooting is wearing a Swastika or a Rising Sun flag on their arm? What if it's war time? What if thousands of your neighbors are being shot at? Our country has come to an agreement that we will support each other through extraordinary means in such a case.

Now, the same can be said about abject poverty. Just as we've said that we vow to support a government who's job it is to provide for a common defense, we've also said that we will support a government that promotes the general welfare. You may not be legally required to feed a hobo on the street, but you are required to support the government who's task it is to make sure there aren't thousands of impoverished elderly folks just like it's the government's task to make sure we're collectively safe from physical harm.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure she's blocked me, which kinda disappoints me. She was always a voice I enjoyed on here. Props to her for her convictions though.
I don't think it matters much since she is not posting since forever. I miss her and a number of other voices on the board. The board is a little light on decent posters over the past yearish.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
I enjoy reading yalls posts more than I like to contribute. I enjoy seeing both sides, even If i find myself agreeing with most of lawpokes arguments over the likes of bla and aston.

I enjoy reading yalls posts more than I like to contribute. I enjoy seeing both sides, even If i find myself agreeing with most of lawpokes arguments over the likes of bla and aston.
We know you have a secret love affair with Watuuusie.

Seriously tho, you don't find Uredskin, TUME, or even the bit more liberal Clong interesting?

Yeah, sorry but if Bristow, OK were destroyed by a tornado and someone came on here to say my family got what was coming to them, I'm not going to be civil either.

Yeah, sorry but if Bristow, OK were destroyed by a tornado and someone came on here to say my family got what was coming to them, I'm not going to be civil either.
I'm not defending either one of them . Just saying there were faults on both sides, and posts that would have salvaged more civility if made in the middle of that argument.

We know you have a secret love affair with Watuuusie.

Seriously tho, you don't find Uredskin, TUME, or even the bit more liberal Clong interesting?
Clong is very interesting whether one agrees with him or not on a specific post. He puts a lot into his posts and is very informed.

Sometimes I am serious and sometimes I am just having fun. I try to remember that we are not going to decide anything on this board.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
You didn't just talk about politicians and you know that. There's a reason Junkie flipped out on you.
Sometimes she flips out. It's her right like the rest of us. She flipped out on me a few years ago. Well darn, I survived it.

The sad part about the debate is that EVERY other modern industrialized country has found a way to cover everyone for less money with better results. Instead of learning from others, we waste our time with objections about whether or not we should help those in need. If we were not wasting so much money on a failed system, we could cover everyone with what we spend now.

That's like saying, you will never convince me that I have to help my neighbor when someone shoots at his house.

Yes, under normal circumstances you don't have to help your neighbor. You have no legal obligation to do so, but what if the person shooting is wearing a Swastika or a Rising Sun flag on their arm? What if it's war time? What if thousands of your neighbors are being shot at? Our country has come to an agreement that we will support each other through extraordinary means in such a case.

Now, the same can be said about abject poverty. Just as we've said that we vow to support a government who's job it is to provide for a common defense, we've also said that we will support a government that promotes the general welfare. You may not be legally required to feed a hobo on the street, but you are required to support the government who's task it is to make sure there aren't thousands of impoverished elderly folks just like it's the government's task to make sure we're collectively safe from physical harm.

Update....Warren’s support among Dems has plummeted by 50% since her UH proposal. Didn’t see that coming.

Update....Warren’s support among Dems has plummeted by 50% since her UH proposal. Didn’t see that coming.
She didn't get much speaking time in the last debate and the media has taken up Buttigieg as their new guy. He's a status quo guy... not my cup of tea.

His medicaire "for all who want it" plan sucks and is basically expanded Obamacare.

Warren can't even decide where her kids went to school. I wonder if she paid $15,000 each for public school.

IMO based on conversations with my kids and friends, Democrats are torn by younger voters who back Bernie and Warren and older voters plus independents who want someone more moderate. Older Dems worry about attracting moderate Republicans and beating Trump. Younger Dems want more change.

Not a very large data set but nothing I have seen in the media contradicts this so far.

When Warren puts forward a serious proposal I'll take her seriously as a candidate

I'm afraid of Buttigieg getting it. If he wins the nod, the base won't turn out for him. He's basically the white male version of Hillary.

In 16' Trump basically got the same proportion of votes in most states as Romney did 4 years prior. The only difference was that the Democratic base in the urban areas didn't show up for Clinton in as drastic numbers as they did for Obama. The Dems don't need to be trying to sway rural voters who they're unlikely to convince anyway. They need to make sure they have their base and then appeal to moderates afterwards.

IMO based on conversations with my kids and friends, Democrats are torn by younger voters who back Bernie and Warren and older voters plus independents who want someone more moderate. Older Dems worry about attracting moderate Republicans and beating Trump. Younger Dems want more change.

Not a very large data set but nothing I have seen in the media contradicts this so far.
For whatever it's worth... at least it seems that we're moving closer and closer to a 4 man race. I just wish the rest (Klobuchar, Booker, Gabbard, Steyer, Yang) would drop out.

I'm afraid of Buttigieg getting it. If he wins the nod, the base won't turn out for him. He's basically the white male version of Hillary.

In 16' Trump basically got the same proportion of votes in most states as Romney did 4 years prior. The only difference was that the Democratic base in the urban areas didn't show up for Clinton in as drastic numbers as they did for Obama. The Dems don't need to be trying to sway rural voters who they're unlikely to convince anyway. They need to make sure they have their base and then appeal to moderates afterwards.

Another thing which struck me a bit odd is that Warren’s lost support appears to have gone to him. I would have expected her supporters (or ex supporters) to flip to a more left wing candidate instead of a moderate. Still a long way to go.

If medicare for all becomes real, will i get reparations for all that i had to pay i, since it will be free to newcommers

if its going to be free, then those of us who 'paid our fair share' are due a refund.
It's not free dumbbell. People paid for it in the past, people will pay for it in the present, people will pay for it in the future. Just be glad you don't have to pay for the increased income taxes necessary to fund it if put into effect. That is where you will get some of your money back.

It's not free dumbbell. People paid for it in the past, people will pay for it in the present, people will pay for it in the future. Just be glad you don't have to pay for the increased income taxes necessary to fund it if put into effect. That is where you will get some of your money back.
People will pay for it in the future.

Good luck with that, ie aca mandate.
How do you get the guy living under a bridge to pay?

Last edited:
Obama proposed the ACA as a transition from employer paid healthcare to single payer. That's a huge change because of all the systems and expectations are built around the current system and even moving to the ACA was a challenge.

Yet, the effort should be worth it as the experience of every other industrialized country country tells us. The percentage of their GDP they spend to cover everyone and produce better results is about half of what we spend to cover a fraction of our population. There are different ways to pay for healthcare. Germany and Switzerland use private health insurers and regulates them like utilities instead of hot stock market stocks while the UK and Canada do it through taxes.

Warren's plan is to use taxes to fund healthcare and no longer use private and company premiums for funding. Because it is a new tax everyone focuses on the new tax and not the end of premiums.

I don't pay to much to it anyway as once Congress gets its hands on healthcare whatever the President wants is secondary to the tons of money that the healthcare system will throw into the mix to protect their profits.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT