ADVERTISEMENT

Games of Interest (3.6.22) UCF & the final edition of the 21-22 season

loca2874

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2008
Stafford, VA
ITS GAMEDAY!!!

Not only is this gameday but this is the moment you have all been waiting for. This is my last GOI post of the season!!!!!!! Before I get into the events of the day, I am always looking for ways to improve my post. I say it all the time, this post is made by me about games and things either I think we should know or I just feel its interesting. The layout of this post has changed over the years because of input from the members of the board. So if there is actually something you would like to see or you would like changed then please let me know and I will see what I can accommodate. AS you have seen my big new thing this year is my “And 1” portion. The last few posts its just had the bracket and the changes for the upcoming tournament. Its been that way for two reasons. 1. The losing has depressed me and I didn’t feel like putting some stuff in there. 2. Coming to the last couple weeks of the season I figure seeing the changes to how the tournament would look at the time was fairly appealing.

Now to the stuff!!! Today is the last day of the regular season and we have 4 games that are going on this morning and afternoon. Tulsa is locked into either the 10th or 11th spot. That will not change. All of this depends on if Temple wins. If Temple wins then we will be the 10 seed even if we lose because we have the same record as USF and we beat them twice. If USF wins and we lose then we are the 11th seed. Everything else is pretty much set.

Oral Roberts is playing in Day 2 of the Summit League Quarterfinals. Yooler was not able to pull out a win today so they are now off the GOI.

After today then I will be posting on the AAC tourney thread that has been started and the Conference Tourney thread that I have been working on the last week. Lol. Lots of good useless information I put on that thing. Lol.

As always it has been fun doing these for another year and I will start making changes after the NCAA tourney on items for next season.

And 1

Conference Tournament starts in 4 days. This is how the pairings look.

Thursday, March 10

Game 1 – East Carolina vs Cincinnati at 12:00 p.m. ESPNU
Game 2 – Tulsa vs Wichita State at 2:00 p.m. ESPNU
Game 3 – South Florida vs UCF at 6:00 p.m. ESPNU

Friday, March 11

Game 4 – Game 1 Winner vs Houston at 12:00 p.m. ESPN2
Game 5 – Temple vs Tulane at 2:00 p.m. ESPN2
Game 6 – Game 2 Winner vs SMU at 6:00 p.m. ESPNU
Game 7 – Game 3 Winner vs Memphis at 8:00 p.m. ESPNU

Saturday, March 12

Game 8 – Game 4 Winner vs Game 5 Winner at 2:00 p.m. ESPN2
Game 9 – Game 6 Winner vs Game 7 Winner at 4:00 p.m. ESPN2

Sunday, March 13

Game 10 – Game 8 Winner vs Game 9 Winner at 12:00 p.m. ESPNU

The women start on Monday, March 7th. Tulsa finishes as the 8 seed. They will have game 1.

Game 1 – Wichita State vs Tulsa at 1:00 p.m. ESPN+

Their Championship game will be at 8 p.m. or 20 minutes after the conclusion of the Tulsa vs Tulane game whichever is later.

GO TU!!!!

Today’s games

AAC Games

TeamRatingTeamRatingTimeTV
Houston3atMemphis4111:00 a.m.CBS
UCF92atTulsa1891:00 p.mESPNU
South Fla.240atTemple1151:00 p.m.ESPN+
Tulane97atSMU502:00 p.m.ESPN+

Rest of GOI

TeamRatingTeamRatingTimeTV
Western Ill.224vsOral Roberts1468:30 p.m.ESPN+

Rankings

RankTrendTeamRecordRankTrendTeamRecord
3EvenHouston26-430EvenBoise St.23-7
41EvenMemphis18-9127EvenUtah11-19
50EvenSMU21-7137EvenRhode Island13-15
81EvenWichita St.15-12146EvenOral Roberts15-11
92EvenUCF17-10253EvenOregon St.3-27
97EvenTulane13-13256EvenAir Force11-17
100EvenCincinnati16-14263EvenAlcorn15-15
115EvenTemple16-11328EvenNorthwestern St.6-22
180EvenEast Carolina15-14
189EvenTulsa9-19
240EvenSouth Fla.8-21

Expansion teams

RankTrendTeamRecord
38Down 1North Texas20-4
54Down 2UAB20-7
136Up 1Fla. Atlantic13-13
186Down 5Charlotte15-13
206Down 4Rice13-13
332Down 1UTSA6-19

Quad Tracker

Q1Quadrant 1: Home 1-30, Neutral 1-50, Away 1-75
Quadrant 2: Home 31-75, Neutral 51-100, Away 76-135
WinQuadrant 3: Home 76-160, Neutral 101-200, Away 136-240
noneQuadrant 4: Home 161-353, Neutral 201-353, Away 241-353
Loss
Boise St.
Houston (H)
Memphis (A)
SMU (A)
Q2
Win
None
Loss
SMU (H)
Memphis (H)
Tulane (A)
Temple (A)
Cincinnati (A)
Wichita St. (A)
UCF (A)
Q3
Win
Southern Ill.
Rhode Island
Cincinnati (H)
South Florida (A)
Loss
Utah
Oral Roberts
East Carolina (A)
Temple (H)
Wichita St. (H)
Q4
Wins
Northwestern St.
Oregon St.
Little Rock
Alcorn State
South Florida (H)
Loss
Air Force
LMU (CA)
East Carolina (H)

Thanks for your great work! I hope TU can be in your bubble picture at least in the next couple of years and that will really make it a required reading for everyone each day. We can call you locanardi.;)

Thanks for your great work! I hope TU can be in your bubble picture at least in the next couple of years and that will really make it a required reading for everyone each day. We can call you locanardi.;)
I appreciate those kind words sir. I will admit it was a struggle staying in it and trying to be as positive as I could the last month.

loca, thank you so much for putting this out all season. You are an absolute warrior for doing this, even when things are at their worst. Your enthusiasm is impressive!

I will be in Myrtle beach next year when the team goes in November for the Myrtle Beach Invitational. This one should be on TV so I wont have to broadcast over facebook. Maybe I need to get my own media pass. lmfao

Reactions: nevadanatural
Colorado is schedule to be in the Myrtle Beach Invitational as well. Now we just got to figure out who the other 6 teams are. lol. The Tournament will be November 17, 18, and 20. The Football team plays at home vs South Florida on the second day of the Invitational. Hopefully they can move that game to Saturday so we can have TU sports all four days!!!!

I will be in Myrtle beach next year when the team goes in November for the Myrtle Beach Invitational. This one should be on TV so I wont have to broadcast over facebook. Maybe I need to get my own media pass. lmfao
I’ll be your color guy.

Reactions: loca2874
Looks like we get 2 AAC teams for sure now in the tournament. Hope SMU can make it too. I suspect Larry Brown had a lot to do with Memphis playing like a team finally.

Looks like we get 2 AAC teams for sure now in the tournament. Hope SMU can make it too. I suspect Larry Brown had a lot to do with Memphis playing like a team finally.
I do believe we can possibly get 3 in the tournament this year. Memphis wins and I believe they will be off the bubble. Not sure how they are looking at SMU

Houston, SMU and Memphis have secured the byes.

wichita state, Cincinnati and ECU have secured the 7,8 and 9 seeds.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT