ADVERTISEMENT

Games of Interest (11.25.20 - 11.27.20) COVID-19 Edition

loca2874

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2008
Stafford, VA
WE ARE BACK!!!!!! COLLEGE BASKETBALL IS BACK!!!!!

November 25th is the first day of basktball. Since the 27th is a groaner for us I included it in this edition. The next one wont be until TU plays Saturday. I am posting this a day early as I have to work tomorrow and actually go into DC for it.

HERE WE GO!!!

We have had two cancellations and they were both for in season tourneys. East Carolina pulled out of the Gulf Coast Showcase in Ft Myers, FL because of the chance of COVID in Florida. No one is reporting that anyone on the team has the virus. Wichita State on the other hand was dropped from the three game Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic in South Dakota when one of the members of the traveling party with Wichita State tested Positive. The tourney spokesman stated that the rules were if one person in the party tested positive the team was dropped. This will put a hurt on their schedule.

There is a big slate of games for the 25th. Not too many barn burners, however, TCU is playing Houston Baptist and it will be on ESPN+ so that we can see what TU will be playing Saturday. Here is the real treat of the TCU game. Charles O'Bannon's son, Charles O'Bannon Jr, is a senior for TCU. I wonder if dad informed his son where Tulsa is? Has Senior had flashbacks from that drubbing we gave him and his brother? lol

Plenty of other games on the list including the Memphis vs St Mary's game. This is a great day of basketball for us all to get out court juices flowing.

Indiana St. vs East Carolina Cancelled
Wichita St. vs Utah St. Cancelled

November 25

Sam Houston St. at SMU 7:00 p.m. ESPN+
Lamar University at #17 Houston 2:00 p.m. ESPN+
Memphis vs Saint Mary's (CA) 1:00 p.m. ESPN2
Houston Baptist at TCU 7:00 p.m. BIG12/ESPN+
Oklahoma St. at UT Arlington 3:00 p.m. ESPN
Mississippi Valley St. at Arkansas 6:30 p.m. SEC Network
Oral Roberts at Missouri 6:00 p.m. SEC Network
Northwestern St. at Texas Tech 6:00 p.m. BIG12/ESPN+
Purdue at Liberty 5:00 p.m. CBSSN
Florida College at South Fla. 10:30 a.m. ESPN+
Coker at South Carolina 5:30 p.m. SEC Network

November 27

Boise St. at Houston 2:00 p.m. ESPN+
UT Arlington at Louisiana Tech 6:30 p.m.
Lamar University at Tulane 1:00 p.m. ESPN+

Love this but one critique, it would be nice if you could order them by time...no pressure.

November 25

November 27

😜

picard-facepalm.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: loca2874

November 25th is the first day of basktball. Since the 27th is a groaner for us I included it in this edition. The next one wont be until TU plays Saturday. I am posting this a day early as I have to work tomorrow and actually go into DC for it.

HERE WE GO!!!

We have had two cancellations and they were both for in season tourneys. East Carolina pulled out of the Gulf Coast Showcase in Ft Myers, FL because of the chance of COVID in Florida. No one is reporting that anyone on the team has the virus. Wichita State on the other hand was dropped from the three game Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic in South Dakota when one of the members of the traveling party with Wichita State tested Positive. The tourney spokesman stated that the rules were if one person in the party tested positive the team was dropped. This will put a hurt on their schedule.

There is a big slate of games for the 25th. Not too many barn burners, however, TCU is playing Houston Baptist and it will be on ESPN+ so that we can see what TU will be playing Saturday. Here is the real treat of the TCU game. Charles O'Bannon's son, Charles O'Bannon Jr, is a senior for TCU. I wonder if dad informed his son where Tulsa is? Has Senior had flashbacks from that drubbing we gave him and his brother? lol

Plenty of other games on the list including the Memphis vs St Mary's game. This is a great day of basketball for us all to get out court juices flowing.

November 25

November 27

A big thanks for putting all this together.

HERE WE GO!!!

November 25

November 27

Nobody cares about Lamar!!

• Haha
Reactions: Gold* and loca2874
Memphis is big and athletic and they’ll win a lot of games with those two things. However I think they’ll lose to most teams with similar talent because they are reckless and poorly coached.

Memphis is big and athletic and they’ll win a lot of games with those two things. However I think they’ll lose to most teams with similar talent because they are reckless and poorly coached.
I am surprised they beat Saint Mary's as much as they did. Saint Mary's is a talented team.

UT Arlington is down 3 points with about a minute left in the half to Oklahoma State. They are living and dying by the three. IF we can bring a good three point defense we will beat them.

Jeriah Horne had 11 pts in a Colorado win. Didn’t start. Arkansas won by 80 and TCU by 24. Houston, SMU, Memphis and USF all won. UConn beats C Conn St. lol

Jeriah Horne had 11 pts in a Colorado win. Didn’t start. Arkansas won by 80 and TCU by 24. Houston, SMU, Memphis and USF all won. UConn beats C Conn St. lol
Ya , UCONNs fans are already saying how they are back and will contend for a national title now

Horne was 4-14 from the field. Still shoots twice a minute.

Reactions: TULOYAL
UConn beats C Conn St. lol

I decided to watch that game for some reason. Looked like the same mediocre UCONN team and Hurley looked like the same dbag. Guess we’ll see when their conference play starts

I watched a little of ORU/Mizzou and HBU/TCU but it’s tough to tell anything from these early games. TCU was all over HBU but we’re obviously better than HBU. Honestly from the bits I watched ORU looked better than TCU.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!

Since this is the time of in season Tourney's we do have one extra game for today.

November 26 HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Western Kentucky vs Memphis 11:00 a.m. ESPN (Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic)

Should Memphis win they will play the winner of the West Virginia vs VCU (VCU took Wichita State's place) game

The Hilltoppers look like a tourney team, shooting, defense and a really good center.

The main word I’ve heard used by the commentators is selfish and I have to agree. You can have all the talent in the world but if you don’t play as a team you won’t succeed. WKU had good talent and good team play. Penny is a great recruiter but I haven’t seen any indication yet that he can coach. In high school you can recruit the best players in the district and throw them on the floor and win, college is a different animal. I will admit Memphis looks improved from last year. Ellis is playing well and Dandridge is healthy. Cisse is a big step below Precious so far as a freshman though.

Western Kentucky 44-32 over Memphis on the boards. Pretty much tells the story.

Miles (TCU) vs Williams (TU) will be a match-up of two of the nation's top freshmen PG on Saturday night. Miles looked tough in his first game.

Gonzaga running Bryce Thompson and the Jayhawks out of the gym. Bahahaha
Bryce came off the bench but got starters minutes and had a nice line with 0 turnovers
STARTERSMINFG3PTFTOREBDREBREBASTSTLBLKTOPFPTS
J. WilsonF225-110-31-33142002311
D. McCormackF203-90-02-2156010428
C. BraunG283-62-30-2022000318
O. AgbajiG315-112-45-60004210417
M. GarrettG377-92-26-70222104322
BENCHMINFG3PTFTOREBDREBREBASTSTLBLKTOPFPTS
G. MuscadinF10-00-00-0011000000
M. LightfootF92-20-00-0044001014
T. Grant-FosterG101-21-20-0000000123
L. JossellG10-00-00-0000000000
B. ThompsonG285-101-41-21231210312