ADVERTISEMENT

GAMES OF INTEREST (1.5.19)

loca2874

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2008
Stafford, VA
The only game from yesterday was an AAC game. SMU beat Tulane 74-65 in New Orleans. The rankings have not been updated yet. When they are I will update the post.

AAC GAMES
UCF (38) vs UConn (100)
Cincinnati (25) vs East Carolina (260)
South Florida (91) vs Tulsa (80)

REST OF GOI
Kansas State (53) vs Texas Tech (6)
Oklahoma State (75) vs Oklahoma (19)
Utah (96) vs Arizona (57)
Houston Baptist (210) vs New Orleans (299)
Georgia Southern (126) vs UT Arlington (244)
North Carolina A&T (267) vs South Carolina State (350)
Nevada (8) vs New Mexico (195)
UALR (285) vs Louisiana (206)
Western Illinois (283) vs Oral Roberts (271)
Southern Illinois (127) vs. Northern Iowa (226)
UT Rio Grande Valley (237) vs. Cal Baptist (162)

NET Rankings Through January 3
Houston (4) No Change
Cincinnati (25) No Change
UCF (38) Down 4
Temple (64) No Change
Memphis (77) Up 21
Tulsa (80) Up 14
South Fl (91) Down 2
UCONN (100) Up 2
Wichita St (134) Down 4
SMU (132) Down 5
ECU (260) Down 8
Tulane (295) Up 5

Playing UCF is going to feel like we’re playing 5 vs 8. BJ Taylor gets calls like he is James Harden. Every little bit if contact on him is called a foul against the defender.

The officials in this game are just simply horrible.

Reactions: loca2874
It is clear the AAC is protecting UCF with the way this game is being called. Not even close to consistent or even

UCF is better than they were last year also. Dawkins can play.

UCF is better than they were last year also. Dawkins can play.
Not saying they aren’t better as a whole. Tacko is still Tacko and is only good for 3-4 minute spurts. Just saying the games I have seen them play, they are definitely protected by the refs. Every minute touch draws a foul by Taylor, and then a UCONN player gets hammered hard enough that it might draw criminal charges for molestation in 48 of 50 states, and nothing gets called.

Every minute touch draws a foul by Taylor, and then a UCONN player gets hammered hard enough that it might draw criminal charges for molestation in 48 of 50 states, and nothing gets called.
That escalated rather quickly

ECU looking really good at home against Cincy. Up 9 at half. Doubt they can maintain, but playing with lots of energy and shooting well.

Picking up road wins will be crucial for us. I had already written at ECU a win but not if they play like this.

Reactions: TU_BLA and loca2874
These are the updated rankings

AAC GAMES
UCF (38) vs UConn (101)
Cincinnati (25) vs East Carolina (259)
South Florida (91) vs Tulsa (80)

REST OF GOI
Kansas State (54) vs Texas Tech (6)
Oklahoma State (74) vs Oklahoma (19)
Utah (96) vs Arizona (57)
Houston Baptist (210) vs New Orleans (300)
Georgia Southern (127) vs UT Arlington (244)
North Carolina A&T (267) vs South Carolina State (350)
Nevada (8) vs New Mexico (195)
UALR (285) vs Louisiana (208)
Western Illinois (283) vs Oral Roberts (270)
Southern Illinois (126) vs. Northern Iowa (228)
UT Rio Grande Valley (237) vs. Cal Baptist (162)

NET Rankings Through January 4
Houston (4) No Change
Cincinnati (25) No Change
UCF (38) No Change
Temple (65) Down 1
Memphis (77) No Change
Tulsa (80) No Change
South Fl (91) No Change
UCONN (101) Down 1
SMU (131) Up 1
Wichita St (135) Down 1
ECU (259) Up 1
Tulane (296) Down 1

ECU looking really good at home against Cincy. Up 9 at half. Doubt they can maintain, but playing with lots of energy and shooting well.

Picking up road wins will be crucial for us. I had already written at ECU a win but not if they play like this.

It didn’t take Cincy long to take the lead. 12-2 run to start the 2nd half.

The ESPN announcer just mentioned the Cincinnati Leprechaun’s apparent anger over an easy bucket saying “Mick Cronin is visibly unhappy, seething, the veins on the side of his neck are visible”.

Funny little leprechaun he is

Cincinnati can be had. They do not have the same rebounding toughness their past teams have had. ECU has grabbed a few offensive boards in just the few minutes I’ve watched and Cincy players just standing and watching

UCF takes clear advantage in AAC with big road win over UCONN. Road wins will win this conference. SMU got one but it was Tulane.

I didn't watch it. Do you mean literally knocked out in a collision?
Yes a player was checking in and the official started running up court with his head turned and got checked by the player and went straight to the floor. They had to finish with 2 officials

K-State was extremely overrated...glad we got them when they were ranked.

How did Memphis rise so high?

K-State was extremely overrated...glad we got them when they were ranked.

How did Memphis rise so high?

K-State did lose their best player Dean Wade, the pre-season Big12 POY. He tore a tendon in his foot 3 weeks ago and could return this season.

Another starter Stokes has missed some games too. Not the same team we beat.

Unfortunately Nevada is getting their arse handed to them by NMSU. Hopefully they come out of the funk pretty quick...

The Nevada loss is inexplicable, but the Pit has always been hard for visiting teams, but that was when the Lobos were good.

Cinncy was just a fail at ECU. That's not the first time a good Cinncy team lost there.

SMU has shown nothing yet.

K State's losses will not count until they have their starting team back.

BUT we have a big game next Thursday and the students will be back so Joiner can cheer them on.
I look for a narrow TU W and a step towards the top 50

The Nevada loss is inexplicable, but the Pit has always been hard for visiting teams, but that was when the Lobos were good.

Cinncy was just a fail at ECU. That's not the first time a good Cinncy team lost there.

SMU has shown nothing yet.

K State's losses will not count until they have their starting team back.

BUT we have a big game next Thursday and the students will be back so Joiner can cheer them on.
I look for a narrow TU W and a step towards the top 50
I will be interested in seeing the rankings tomorrow

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT