ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Haith Contract

TULSARISING

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Jun 21, 2017
How many years does he have left? Can we afford to buy him out this year?

Not if we are trying to replace Monty too. We'll probably have to choose.... Although Frank has fewer years on his deal... it will probably be easier to fire Haith earlier.
If Monty is a real possibility, I would get rid of him first, if not, get rid of Haith, he has had his chance

They’re not getting rid of anyone anytime soon they can’t afford it

Astro & TulsaFalling are the bestest and quickest melters. They do it at about halftime of every game.
Buddy, I’ve been melting on Haith since his second season when he redshirted TK while also redshirting Etou and we only had 3 frontcourt players to try and get us to the tournament.

Haith is way overdue for a ton of criticism on this board. Add this to the list of his god awful losses. SEOSU. Lamar. ORUx2. UALRx2.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Buddy, I’ve been melting on Haith since his second season when he redshirted TK while also redshirting Etou and we only had 3 frontcourt players to try and get us to the tournament.

Haith is way overdue for a ton of criticism on this board. Add this to the list of his god awful losses. SEOSU. Lamar. ORUx2. UALRx2.
...at halftime of every game.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Why is SIU a better team, as evidenced by the loss last night, than Tulsa when they have a coach making $350K per year?

Losses happen. Tap clearly wasn’t 100%. How often is Jeffries going to take ONE shot? We played an extremely physical game against Nevada and then had to play late night the next night. Fatigue probably factored in some.

Reactions: Bill Lowery
Please show me where I melted the last game since I do it " every game"
Should be obvious that I was referring to every game in which we face undue adversity. But u go ahead and interpret it literally, bless you're heart.

Losses happen. Tap clearly wasn’t 100%. How often is Jeffries going to take ONE shot? We played an extremely physical game against Nevada and then had to play late night the next night. Fatigue probably factored in some.
Excuses. Tap played and moved fine. Jeffries was taken out of the game by coaching decisions.

There was a lot more wrong with our performance than just those two things as well. We should have trounced this team. You know what good coaches do? They have their team ready for follow up games in tournaments... something frank has been historically abysmal at.

I’m so tired of the continued excuses for Haith. It’s been years of this same crap. When does the buck finally stop on his desk ?

Excuses. Tap played and moved fine. Jeffries was taken out of the game by coaching decisions.

There was a lot more wrong with our performance than just those two things as well. We should have trounced this team. You know what good coaches do? They have their team ready for follow up games in tournaments... something frank has been historically abysmal at.

I’m so tired of the continued excuses for Haith. It’s been years of this same crap. When does the buck finally stop on his desk ?

Because we aren’t morons and know whining non-stop doesn’t change anything... especially 6 games into a season.

If he misses the NCAAs this year he’s on the hot seat... I’d say fired for missing the NCAAs but football is a bigger priority and we definitely don’t have the resources to fire both AND the AD at the same time.

Firings should happen in worst performing order:

1. AD
2. Montgomery
3. Maybe Haith depending on how the season pans out

Last edited:
Because we aren’t morons and know whining non-stop doesn’t change anything... especially 6 games into a season.

If he misses the NCAAs this year he’s on the hot seat... I’d say fired for missing the NCAAs but football is a bigger priority and we definitely don’t have the resources to fire both AND the AD at the same time.

1. AD
2. Montgomery
I have a sneaking suspicion that firings will happen in the order of smallest to largest buyout. Haith is likelier to go earlier than Monty due to his shorter contract.

I have a sneaking suspicion that firings will happen in the order of smallest to largest buyout. Haith is likelier to go earlier than Monty due to his shorter contract.

You’re very likely right, I was putting in the order that it should happen based on merit.

I hate these types of threads. Haith likely won’t be fired unless we just crap the bed from here on out. However, he only has 1 year left on his contract after this season. TU would likely just let his contract run out and move on. Haith will be making around $2 million plus a massive retention bonus if he stays next year... so he’s got some motivation.

I hate these types of threads. Haith likely won’t be fired unless we just crap the bed from here on out. However, he only has 1 year left on his contract after this season. TU would likely just let his contract run out and move on. Haith will be making around $2 million plus a massive retention bonus if he stays next year... so he’s got some motivation.
Yeah, if we're lucky Montgomery will be canned after a bad season next year. There is virtually no chance Haith gets canned after this year. And because of the situation with money, that's probably the best case scenario for the university. I love how we're only 6 games in and there's already people calling for his head. Will be amusing if we have a decent season, and it gets rubbed in faces.

Will be weird if Mo is canned and the contract runs out in 2020 when we would have two new coaches. I think Phipps will come regardless of whether Haith's contract runs out. I hope if we can Mo, that stars like Xaven Collins etc don't ask for a transfer. Will be interesting to see if anybody transfers after this season. Will be telling how much faith they have in Boomer/Smith/PM.

Last edited:
Yeah, if we're lucky Montgomery will be canned after a bad season next year. There is virtually no chance Haith gets canned after this year. And because of the situation with money, that's probably the best case scenario the university. I love how we're only 6 games in and there's already people calling for his head. Will be amusing if we have a decent season, and it gets rubbed in faces.

Will be weird if Mo is canned and the contract runs out in 2020 when we would have two new coaches. I think Phipps will come regardless of whether Haith's contract runs out. I hope if we can Mo, that stars like Xaven Collins etc don't ask for a transfer. Will be interesting to see if anybody transfers after this season. Will be telling how much faith they have in Boomer/Smith/PM.
I hope Haith does prove me wrong, I don't think anybody on here wants TU to do poorly. I just do not think Frank has it in him

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I hope Haith does prove me wrong, I don't think anybody on here wants TU to do poorly. I just do not think Frank has it in him

He may not, but there’s still quite a bit of season left. Good teams lose bad games sometimes. We’ll know more once we see how the team reacts to this adversity on Tuesday and then against some tough competition next month.

I’d don’t think Haith has done a bad job...his performance at TU aligns with his career resume. But, I don’t think his results will match TU’s long term hopes/wishes/expectations.

I agree that his contract will run out with TU moving on. This team will match all of his other teams (post Manning/Wojcik players).

I don't believe in firing coaches mid-season, but our at-large chances have dropped from ~25% preseason to ~5% currently. If your Bayesian prior was that Haith should be fired if we miss the NCAA tournament, then it's not unreasonable to start thinking about it. That said, this is a pretty miserable place to hang out if all we ever talk about it is the things we hate about our team, how all the coaches should be fired, and how much additional money we could have made by losing.

Last edited:
He may not, but there’s still quite a bit of season left. Good teams lose bad games sometimes. We’ll know more once we see how the team reacts to this adversity on Tuesday and then against some tough competition next month.
Unfortunately our play was in line with our typical play for this season. We squeaked by bad teams, played above ourselves it seems to stay close to Nevada and reverted to our standard against SIU. While that level was enough to slide by CBU, it wasn’t with SIU. That game unfortunately was our normal for the year. Hopefully this will shake the team up some.

1. AD
2. Montgomery
Yeah Gragg has to go first. If we want better coaches we need more $$ and that means better fundraising. And Gragg hasn’t shone in his coach hires, would be nice to give somebody else a shot.

Yeah, if we're lucky Montgomery will be canned after a bad season next year. There is virtually no chance Haith gets canned after this year. And because of the situation with money, that's probably the best case scenario for the university. I love how we're only 6 games in and there's already people calling for his head. Will be amusing if we have a decent season, and it gets rubbed in faces.

I doubt Monty's going anywhere yet just due to financials. We don't have the cash to buy him out. We likely don't even have the cash to buy out 1 season for Haith although Haith should go.

With Haith it's not just his performance this season (which hasn't been good) it's been team's performance and his managerial decisions for the last 5 seasons. People were giving him a ton of credit for balancing the classes... until he turned around and created the exact same problem. People give him credit for wins against Wichita and SMU... but they neglect the early season losses and late season collapses that his teams have had to the likes of Memphis (multiple times).

People were giving him a ton of credit for balancing the classes... until he turned around and created the exact same problem.
That pissed me off. You don't fix a serious problem in record time, and then go ahead and create the same problem. That's just dumb. What was the point in fixing it in the first place.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT