ADVERTISEMENT

FC Tulsa

Snatched a draw from the jaws of victory last night vs Las Vegas Lights. Tulsa actually played well for most of the game, better MF possession than I've seen from them in a while and it led to nice build up in the attack. A lot of chances from deep runs up the sides and then slinging some crosses in.

The GA was a string of poor defensive decisions and whiffed tackles. Unfortunate as an FC Tulsa win would have put them 5 pts clear of Orange County in the last playoff spot with a game in hand. Instead they're 3 pts up.

Snatched a draw from the jaws of victory last night vs Las Vegas Lights. Tulsa actually played well for most of the game, better MF possession than I've seen from them in a while and it led to nice build up in the attack. A lot of chances from deep runs up the sides and then slinging some crosses in.

The GA was a string of poor defensive decisions and whiffed tackles. Unfortunate as an FC Tulsa win would have put them 5 pts clear of Orange County in the last playoff spot with a game in hand. Instead they're 3 pts up.
I watched it on espn+.

Agree wholeheartedly with your analysis. Dahm gave the shooter lots of room to just crank up and launch. He did not close on the shooter. Reminded me a bit of USA defense vs Canada.

Another year no playoffs. I think it's time for new leadership. Tindell is a youth director type not qualified to lead a professional team. The new coach is more of a youth coach as well. Have they made the playoffs since Barry owned the club???

Reactions: TU_BLA
Another year no playoffs. I think it's time for new leadership. Tindell is a youth director type not qualified to lead a professional team. The new coach is more of a youth coach as well. Have they made the playoffs since Barry owned the club???
I would like to see a shakeup as well. The Crafts are putting a ton a money into the club. I can’t imagine they don’t want to begin to see improvement in the field. Does anyone have any idea why they’re building all those new offices in Titan?

I think they’ve made it once.

I would like to see a shakeup as well. The Crafts are putting a ton a money into the club. I can’t imagine they don’t want to begin to see improvement in the field. Does anyone have any idea why they’re building all those new offices in Titan?
I mean they just did a shakeup last offseason. I’m starting to wonder if the Crafts know what they’re doing. They’ve pumped money into the club and it’s no different than before. At some point, it’s on ownership.

Moving their offices from downtown to Titan.

Reactions: lawpoke87
I don't think this one is one the coach. They've improved a ton. Unfortunately they need 2 proverbial unicorns...essentially the same players every other team is chasing as well, a dominant CB and a ball control 6 who can also defend like he's a CB. The issue they continue to have is controlling the MF with possession. It's been an issue for a while. This year they were better defensively but they focused everything on that so they weren't giving up quite as many goals but also couldn't score and when they did score, they were allowing goals and only getting draws. One game was sort of a microcosm of their entire season. Took a 2-0 lead into the half vs New Mexico United, one of the top teams in the west. Settled for a 2-2 draw that they were lucky to escape with.

I think they're on the right track...but the USL is fickle as it's hard to keep desirable players around for more than a couple years. Funny thing is, I think they were better without Goodrum as it required more tactical adjustment and movement and teamwork from the MFs and forwards.

They also need a soccer specific stadium to call home. I believe having to share time with the Drillers with the Drillers having priority forces FC Tulsa to play too many games in short spans in order to get their home games in.

I don't think this one is one the coach. They've improved a ton. Unfortunately they need 2 proverbial unicorns...essentially the same players every other team is chasing as well, a dominant CB and a ball control 6 who can also defend like he's a CB. The issue they continue to have is controlling the MF with possession. It's been an issue for a while. This year they were better defensively but they focused everything on that so they weren't giving up quite as many goals but also couldn't score and when they did score, they were allowing goals and only getting draws. One game was sort of a microcosm of their entire season. Took a 2-0 lead into the half vs New Mexico United, one of the top teams in the west. Settled for a 2-2 draw that they were lucky to escape with.

I think they're on the right track...but the USL is fickle as it's hard to keep desirable players around for more than a couple years. Funny thing is, I think they were better without Goodrum as it required more tactical adjustment and movement and teamwork from the MFs and forwards.

They also need a soccer specific stadium to call home. I believe having to share time with the Drillers with the Drillers having priority forces FC Tulsa to play too many games in short spans in order to get their home games in.
Improved? The club as a whole continues to be worse each season since making the playoffs in 2021. Their point totals are lower each year since 2021. This year is about the same as last year. 67 percent of teams make the playoffs this year and they couldn’t do it. It’s just pathetic.

Improved? The club as a whole continues to be worse each season since making the playoffs in 2021. Their point totals are lower each year since 2021. This year is about the same as last year. 67 percent of teams make the playoffs this year and they couldn’t do it. It’s just pathetic.
The club itself is in much better shape. Facilities have been upgraded. Staff has been added. One of the best speed and strength trainers around is working in their facility. The things which needed to be done to compete are now there. We now need to start showing improvement on the field.

I agree with Tindell needing to be gone unless FC Tulsa is starting an actual youth academy...but then again I wouldn't want him to lead that when you have to make tough decisions and get kids and cut kids. He was never able to do that when he was at TSC and just played into the politics of keeping parents happy and their money rolling in. He probably just needs to go away.

They were much better defensively this season but lacking dynamism up front. Very few chances being created down the stretch and few games scoring more than one goal.

They were in good position to make the playoffs with about 10 matches left but very poor close to the season.

Reactions: TU_BLA
The club itself is in much better shape. Facilities have been upgraded. Staff has been added. One of the best speed and strength trainers around is working in their facility. The things which needed to be done to compete are now there. We now need to start showing improvement on the field.
You’re overestimating anything that has been done. Front office staff seems a little light compared to last year. Facilities? You mean Titan? And I’m sure everyone else in USLC has speed and strength trainers.

You’re overestimating anything that has been done. Front office staff seems a little light compared to last year. Facilities? You mean Titan? And I’m sure everyone else in USLC has speed and strength trainers.
Titan is a $hit show. FC Tulsa was practicing last week at Scheels because they were over seeding their “premier” field and none of the other 10 fields playable.

I was speaking as to where they were a few years ago as far as owning their own facility, training staff, etc. No one can deny they’re pouring money into the club. No clue what other USLC clubs have regarding facilities, trainers, etc. All that said it’s time to start showing results on the field. Making the playoffs next season should be a bare minimum for the club.

Titan is a $hit show. FC Tulsa was practicing last week at Scheels because they were over seeding their “premier” field and none of the other 10 fields playable.
There are two playable fields out there. The turf and the new grass field directly north of the turf. The grass field is a nice pitch. Over seeding is 100% necessary though to maintain a quality turf for winter play. Is Scheels over seeding some of their grass fields? I assume they are but hadn’t heard.

There are two playable fields out there. The turf and the new grass field directly north of the turf. The grass field is a nice pitch. Over seeding is 100% necessary though to maintain a quality turf for winter play. Is Scheels over seeding some of their grass fields? I assume they are but hadn’t heard.
They did last year but Rye grass won’t hold up to the play they get. I haven’t asked but I don’t think so. This drought is hard on everyone. .22 inches at Jenks Airport in last 55 days. They are working to get in ground irrigation for a few fields to make them “premier”

They did last year but Rye grass won’t hold up to the play they get. I haven’t asked but I don’t think so. This drought is hard on everyone. .22 inches at Jenks Airport in last 55 days. They are working to get in ground irrigation for a few fields to make them “premier”
Those turf fields were a great decision. Gives them a couple of playing surfaces for the ECNL games.

Have you seen the fields at FC Dallas? Do they over seed with rye of another type of grass. I do know they water those fields more than any fields I’ve ever seen.

Last edited:
I’ve saw Money gram for super copa it was terrible. Round rock was best grass ever for a youth game….but no one practices there!!! Most Dallas youth non ECNL fields aren’t as good as Scheels or Keas.

I’ve saw Money gram for super copa it was terrible. Round rock was best grass ever for a youth game….but no one practices there!!! Most Dallas youth non ECNL fields aren’t as good as Scheels or Keas.
Moneygram has been rough for sometime. I’m not sure why as FC Dallas runs and maintains that complex.

FC Dallas (Toyota soccer complex) and the Texans (Ross Stewart) has the nicest grass fields I’ve seen. They are like a putting green. Round Rock Multipurpose Complex is right up there with those two btw. We just returned from the Surf Complex in San Diego and some of those fields are among the worst we’ve ever played on. Some were still exactly what you would expect at Surf…immaculate. Really a weird deal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT